Steal 1 player from any other team

CheeseHead87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So let's say one day Rodger Goodell calls up TT and says, "The Packers are obviously the best franchise in the NFL, so as a reward, you can choose any one player on any team, and he'll be the newest member of the Packers!" Let's not worry about the Salary Cap or anything either.

I had two front-runners come to mind:
1. Calvin Johnson. Can you imagine him the the Packers offense? Downright frightening. Plus it would seriously hurt the Lions to lose him. Win-win!
2. Darrelle Revis. Best CB on the planet, a semi-need position, put him on one side of the field and you won't have to worry about any QB throwing over there anymore.

Gun to my head, I'd go with Revis. Packers need D more than O, and Revis is less injury prone.

Who would you want the Packers to take??

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ray Rice, or his baltimore teammate Haloti Ngata. Could you imagine going 2-4-5 with Raji and Ngata Mathews and Perry rushing the passer. Holy crap. Honorable mention Demarcus Ware. He's a beast but is getting up there in age and I've kind of got a preseason crush on Nick Perry, cant wait to see this kid play.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2nd highest scoring offense in history doesn't need any help.

Revis is my top pick, but I would like to make an argument for someone else

JJ Watt, I know several support ware, as do I but his age is getting up there and I would like to add someone young and on the upswing instead of the other way. JJ will never get in trouble off the field and has a constant motor. He is a beast and can catch as well.

JPP is another name to throw out as well as Eric berry and Von miller.

HyponGrey

Caseus Locutus Est
Reaction score
Patrick Willis, MJD, Ngata, Dashon Goldson or either of the Pouncey twins. Honorable mention to the Fitz, former Vikings bal boy now on the Packers, what would uncle Chris Carter say? Ryan Clady would be nice too, but I may be his only plug

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Revis would not be on my list. He is a head case and there isn't enough money in GB for him.

Willis or Ware are great choices, but . . .

I would try to subtract a player from a division opponent. Therefore, I would take one of the most dominating defensive lineman in the NFL. Suh. Okay, he likes to stomp Packers and he has a little bit of an emotional problem. I'm hoping with the better veteran leadership in the Packer locker room, Suh would be able to remain more focused on playing football the right way. Our defensive line would improve, IMHO, to the best in the NFL with great depth. Our defense would take a big step forward.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
So let's say one day Rodger Goodell calls up TT and says, "The Packers are obviously the best franchise in the NFL, so as a reward, you can choose any one player on any team, and he'll be the newest member of the Packers!" Let's not worry about the Salary Cap or anything either.

You better be careful there, OP. There are Saints fans about...

Patrick Willis
Brian Cushing
Adrian Peterson

either one will do

mradtke66

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On offense, Joe Thomas. Our line is solved.

On defense, probably Von Miller. Think about it: He's their strong-side outside backer in base an a dedicated pass rushing defensive end when they go nickel. That's about as close to a 3-4 outside linebacker you're going to find most places. He'd be my pick, as I don't know of any YOUNGER, current 3-4 linebackers who dominate quite the way Matthews does. Ware is great, but older. Same story for Harrison from the Steelers.

JPP as good as he is would be an outside linebacker in our scheme. Does he make the transition successfully? We cannot say with 100% certainty.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2nd highest scoring offense in history doesn't need any help.

Revis is my top pick, but I would like to make an argument for someone else

JJ Watt, I know several support ware, as do I but his age is getting up there and I would like to add someone young and on the upswing instead of the other way. JJ will never get in trouble off the field and has a constant motor. He is a beast and can catch as well.

JPP is another name to throw out as well as Eric berry and Von miller.
HOLY BINGO BATMAN!
I wanted to make those same points!
And Revis wins for me, whereas JJ Watt is a great one as well although we think we solidified the DL now.

weebles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brady as our backup QB? Could still be a contender even if Rodgers went down. Can't say that about any other position.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell no on Darelle Mevis.. I don't care how talented you are, When you hold out 3 times in 6 seasons, you're a ****** and I don't want you on my team.

Me, I'd take a top end pass rusher like JJ Watt or JPP. Patrick Willis would be OK too.

Roboshaw67

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I might go RB. I know we don't NEED help on offence but let's see how these rookies do. Adrian Peterson and Matt Forte came to mind as division rivals early but settled on Ray Rice since he's proven he can handle the carries and poor weather conditions like in Baltimore. Imagine what the Pck could do if other teams needed to respect the run. Could be scary stuff for d coordinators.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hell no on Darelle Mevis.. I don't care how talented you are, When you hold out 3 times in 6 seasons, you're a ****** and I don't want you on my team.

Me, I'd take a top end pass rusher like JJ Watt or JPP. Patrick Willis would be OK too.

3 times? I only count 1 time myself but I dont count the rookie contract dispute as he wasnt under contract.

In his argument, if you look at the contract the Jets gave him last time it was structured so you would have problems at this point. Terrible run org.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IIRC, he held out before signing his rookie contract, then again two years ago. Now he's threatening to hold out again.

As for blaming the organization, I don't blame them as I do the player. The deal Revis signed was more than fair last time, and they knew the back end dollars were going to drop off due to receiving so much money up front. I have no problem with players getting paid, but now I feel like he's just being selfish.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I'd vote Fitzgerald, I'd think if we did this the Bears, Vikings, or Lions would have to upgrade their backfield just to cover us.

On a more serious note, I do like the J.J. Watt pick, Revis would make a great addition to Woodson, though I'd think they wouldn't get along too well.

Tebow would make a great back up QB, I think he was fool not to try and go after the Packers, and try to become a starting QB again. Also I could see him being played in the 4th quarter, if we kept Harrel as a 3rd string, to help waste clock.

JPP also seems like a good player to pick up.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Revis would be great for the pack. Let him put their #1 WR on an island and let Woodson do what he does best, freestyle

Members online

Latest posts