1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Starks> jax,kuhn

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by gatorpack, Jan 2, 2011.

1. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    Starks needs more touches. Kuhn and jax avg 2 yds when starks had 4ypc and had a long one called back. Starks runs with speed and power and one think I like is he seems to bounce off of people rather than taking the hit. I hope he can get at least 12 touches vs eagles.

2. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,274
    Kuhn is great on short yardage

Jackson is better with play action and blocking.

Starks is showing promise but if he thinks he is too cool for practice let him sit on the bench. Lombardi would have benched his *ss too for that crap.

3. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Hmm, interesting thought. I Kind of doubt MM would risk having Starks become the feature back since BJax, Kuhn do protect the ball well even if they don't rack up huge yardage. Starks is still somewhat of an unknown still, but I'd like to see what he could do a couple times in the game.

4. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    What's this about skipping practice?

5. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,274
    MM demoted him for not putting much in at practice and in general preparation. A F-ing rookie! Who does he think he is? I always get the contract thing, but not putting in 100% drives me insane.

6. gatorpack

gatorpack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +171
    you got a link? I just heard that he needed to practice better NOT harder. I took it was maybe he fumbled in practice or missed on some protections

7. ClayMatthews

ClayMatthews Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +12
    I was sad today, I didn't get to yell KUUUHHHHNNNNNN!!! He was getting stopped cold on the goal line. I think Brandon Jackson is good for the occasional 3-4 yards. I think Starks is the best of the three.

8. gbpack12_2_89

gbpack12_2_89 Bleeding Green and Gold

Ratings:
    +192
    Ya that's what I heard also, he didn't do a good job in protection and other things that's why he didn't play in the 2 previos games,

9. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Hopefully he cleaned up his practices and he must have since he played today.

10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,274
    A hard lesson learned - JSOnline.mobi

Also it's something that has been talked about within the organization.

11. Mack_20

Mack_20 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Brandon Jackson is good at blocking and that is it. He is not a good running back. Starks from the little bit I have seen looks like he gets the most out of every run. It seems like every time BJax touches the ball, he gets to the line of scrimmage and falls down, its almost hard to watch. I do like Kuhn however a lot, but I'd like to see Starks worked in more.

12. armand34

armand34 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +298
    I think Starks can definitely be better, BUT his inexperience is always making me nervous watching him...I am worried he may turn the ball over at some point fighting for more yards...I hope it doesn't happen

13. gmann001

gmann001 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +17
    There was still a few time Rodgers had to "help" Starks by telling him where to stand. Hopefully Starks can pull his head out of you-know-where and practice/learn what he is supposed to. I think he can be a serious threat if he gets his act together.

14. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Starks is the best runner on the team.

But he has no clue to blocking and to the route running. When he's in there, we're gonna run the ball. It's kinda like Nance before going in motion...

15. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850

We were yelling "Where's KUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUHN?"

16. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +437
    Jackson has not stepped up as much as I had hoped, but the one thing he hasn't done is fumble. That is key. I'd rather have a running back who averages 3.7 yards(as Jackson does) than a running back who averages over 4 but fumbles.

17. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    Haha, that's because he tucks the second he gets the ball, which is probably why he's so slow to hit any holes.

18. dbain21

dbain21 Chicagoland Packer Fan

Ratings:
    +143
    I like Bjax, alot, just not as a number one RB. Starks has shown with the little we've seen that he can be explosive. But with that being said I am scared of him putting the ball on the ground every time he runs, he needs to have good practices, and learn where to be when he lines up. I just wish Starks would get at least 10-12 carries a game, is that so hard to do?