Spriggs to Bears

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Everybody say it together now....

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
I'm sorry but there was no way of knowing you're just making fun as we had this discussion in all seriousness years ago.

I agree but don't think that was common knowledge at the time Hill was drafted.

I can tell you that it was. Not the toddler part, as that happened after. But it was widely known that Hill had assaulted his pregnant girlfriend. That's the whole reason he went in the 5th round.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm sorry but there was no way of knowing you're just making fun as we had this discussion in all seriousness years ago.

If I find out that you have been pulling my leg about Mason Crosby the last 30 years, I am coming after you! :cool::whistling::coffee:

D

Deleted member 6794

I think we can all agree he never panned out. He should have been Bulaga's heir apparent. Hopefully Rick Wagner can fill in that spot until we find a permanent LG of the future.

I don't think the Packers have any intention of moving Jenkins to right tackle.

I can tell you that it was. Not the toddler part, as that happened after. But it was widely known that Hill had assaulted his pregnant girlfriend. That's the whole reason he went in the 5th round.

True, you're right about that. In that case the Packers could have used their fourth round pick on Matt Judon.

If I find out that you have been pulling my leg about Mason Crosby the last 30 years, I am coming after you! :cool::whistling::coffee:

That might be tough with the current travel restrictions in place :D

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As previously discussed, Spriggs was the 48th overall selection in 2016.

Hindsight is 20-20, of course, but it was hard not to notice Deion Jones went #52 to Atlanta.....He would have looked nice in Green & Gold.

Cody Whitehair #56

This hindsight game can honestly be argued about nearly every player on our active roster however....perhaps excluding Aaron and some would argue Davante (me being one of them).

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree but don't think that was common knowledge at the time Hill was drafted.

Darn near everything Mondio posts is in jest.

H

HardRightEdge

The new CBA requires teams carry 8 OLs on the game day roster, an offset to the game day roster bump to 48 from 46. It makes some sense given O-Linemen are the only guys who wack and get wacked on every snap without rotation. While I would not expect O-Line rotations as a result, it does give one of the starters a break from blocking on kicks.

But I digress. Think of Spriggs as filling the 8th. man quota if he makes the team at all. ;) Or maybe they'll try him at OG. He bulked up to around 320 lbs. and his balance/reaction time issues pass blocking in space are neutralized in close quarters.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Had to relieve some stress.....anyone watch Spriggs yesterday against the Saints?

Now I fully admit, I haven't watched him play with the Bears until yesterday and I didn't watch much of the game, but the few plays I watched him specifically on....LOL...what did TT and the Packers ever see in him? I remember we all used to joke about the rusty turnstile Don Barclay, but I think Don actually had a few games there where he was serviceable. I saw one play where Cameron Jordan went right around Spriggs and I swear Spriggs stood up at the snap and then looked like a statue as Jordan went by and hit Foles. A couple of plays later, I think Saints LB Davis went right around Spriggs so quick, that it looked like Spriggs was waving at him.

Again, paint me a fool if Spriggs has been playing like a Pro Bowler this year and I just happen to see him at his worst.

This was pretty entertaining too....and even more so when I followed the whole reason Wims went after CGJ, tried to land 2 punches and got ejected! :roflmao:

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2020...as-ridiculous-as-him-punching-a-helmet-twice/

Last edited:

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Poker, your eyes weren't deceiving you about Spriggs. Can't believe this guy is still in the league

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spriggs is an area kid, so I was incredibly hopeful he would catch on for us. He currently has a 40.8 PFF grading so that should tell ya a decent amount for how he has been playing this year.

To me Spriggs is one of those OL guys that happens every year, his measurables and swift feet hide what he truly is in game. He rarely faced high level competition during his time at IU and honestly when he did perhaps over performed or I wonder how much assistance he got chipping his way?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did not see that, but I did see J. Graham drop a 3rd down pass that hit him right in the chest. That pleased me

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I did not see that, but I did see J. Graham drop a 3rd down pass that hit him right in the chest. That pleased me

I saw one play where JG totally whiffed on a block. JG has more TD's already in a single season (4) as a Bear than he did for us and will probably pass his total as a Packer for two season (5), but his play is still declining. I don't regret letting him walk.

D

Deleted member 6794

Nobody gets them all right. Teddy did better than most.

Thompson did exceptionally well early during his tenure with the Packers. Unfortunately he lost his magic over his last few years as the team's general manager.