Spriggs to Bears

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Had to relieve some stress.....anyone watch Spriggs yesterday against the Saints?

Now I fully admit, I haven't watched him play with the Bears until yesterday and I didn't watch much of the game, but the few plays I watched him specifically on....LOL...what did TT and the Packers ever see in him? I remember we all used to joke about the rusty turnstile Don Barclay, but I think Don actually had a few games there where he was serviceable. I saw one play where Cameron Jordan went right around Spriggs and I swear Spriggs stood up at the snap and then looked like a statue as Jordan went by and hit Foles. A couple of plays later, I think Saints LB Davis went right around Spriggs so quick, that it looked like Spriggs was waving at him.

Again, paint me a fool if Spriggs has been playing like a Pro Bowler this year and I just happen to see him at his worst.

This was pretty entertaining too....and even more so when I followed the whole reason Wims went after CGJ, tried to land 2 punches and got ejected! :roflmao:

https://bearswire.usatoday.com/2020...as-ridiculous-as-him-punching-a-helmet-twice/

I, for one, am delighted that this guy is out of Green Bay, and even happier that he is now a Chicago Bear. That a 2fer!

I found this draft analysis on Spriggs from 2016:

"While Spriggs has been one of the hotter tackles names in some draft circles, the tape shines a bright spotlight on concerns that could derail his future success as a tackle. Spriggs has outstanding athleticism, but his play strength and overall recovery ability are major concerns for a position as important as tackle. In my estimation, a move inside to guard or even center for a zone scheme team is the best fit to accentuate Spriggs? strengths and hide some of his weaknesses." - Lance Zierlein, NFL.com

https://www.nbcsports.com/chicago/chicago-bears/nfl-draft-profile-indiana-ol-jason-spriggs-0

In retrospect that seems to have been pretty spot on.

A big swing and a miss for TT on that one.

Members online

Latest posts