Special Teams 2021-22

Reaction score
I think this is pretty close to the truth or reality of next year. BUT...what if:

Adams returns but no Rodgers: GB rcvs Carr or Wilson
11 wins, nfc champ L

Neither returns: GB rcvs Carr or Wilson, Metcalf or Waller
11 wins, div L
It’ll be interesting to see. My guess is
1. 51% chance Rodgers returns
2. 30% Love gets the reigns
3. 10% Another veteran gets the nod
4. 9% Gute surprises us and drafts another QB that plays a role in competing as a starter in 2022.

1. I see us having to slash n gash across the board. A Rodgers led team still makes playoffs. At 10-7 they are overachievers and claw their way to a Divisional before playing their final contest. Either or GB takes at least 1 season to reset and barely misses the playoffs similar to a few years ago.

2. Love goes 2-6 to start, then 7-10 overall with some noted improvements. Enough that The staff will need to take a hard look at him because they have 2 Day 1 selections from the Rodgers trade. Love will play just good enough to make us contemplate 1 more final year (2023) on his Rookie contract

3. This option could be all over the map depending on the veteran QB decision.
6 Wins floor to an 11 Wins ceiling.

4. The drafting another QB to compete is the least likely angle, but still an angle as security in case Love sinks. There are not as many polished QB options in the 2022 draft and we already have 1 in the system. This doesn’t preclude us from taking a Flyer at QB during Day 2 draft (Carson Strong etc.)

Last edited:

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lafleur took 2nd in Coach of The Year balloting...& our new ST coach took 3rd!! No excuses for not fielding a competitive team in '22 regardless of which vets are gone. ;)

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Before this rolling snowball gets too much bigger, I have to be very clear on something I said earlier, that seems to have been taken out of context. While I think the Packers will be fielding a pretty solid team this coming season, I do not believe it will be followed by them playing in a playoff game in 2022. I would even bet that the Vikings and Bears won't be playing one in 2022 either!

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Before this rolling snowball gets too much bigger, I have to be very clear on something I said earlier, that seems to have been taken out of context. While I think the Packers will be fielding a pretty solid team this coming season, I do not believe it will be followed by them playing in a playoff game in 2022. I would even bet that the Vikings and Bears won't be playing one in 2022 either!
Smh lol

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tend to agree with some opinions that our 2022 season IMO predicted as follows:

Rodgers and Adams return:
13 wins, no more than one playoff win before exiting.

Rodgers returns with no Adams:
12 wins, no more than one playoff win before exiting.

Adams returns but no Rodgers:
7 wins max

Neither returns:
6 wins max
If Rodgers leaves I see no circumstance where Adams stays. I just get a funny feeling that Adams wants to leave and would go where Rodgers is.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts