Special Teams 2021-22

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Care to make a wager on it, I will even give you 5-1 odds?

So my $500 to your $100, that the Packers will not play in another playoff game until 2023, at the earliest.
Your original wording was "the Packers will not be playing a playoff game in 2022". He would win that bet.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your original wording was "the Packers will not be playing a playoff game in 2022". He would win that bet.
Not really. The word “will” was written today… That is future tense. While it’s true they did play in one earlier … they definitely won’t be playing in another in 2022. I will agree that it was poor wording though lol.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Which was why I made sure that the bet was more clear....I might be willing to go to 100:1 odds, but need some time to think about it. :whistling:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Or we can go with this one

Even if Rodgers is not a Packer for the 2022 Season, I bet by the end of 2022, he will have played in at least 1 playoff game in 2022. I might even go crazy and predict that game to have been played in Green Bay.

Reaction score

So my $500 to your $100, that the Packers will not play in another playoff game until 2023, at the earliest.
I liked the idea. I just called to put a Parlay Bet on that and they told me to go hiking and hung up on me! How rude..it’s February!

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can 100% guarantee, even if they don't trade Rodgers, the Packers will not be playing a playoff game in 2022..
It would take a lot to make it happen. It is possible that the whole NFC North gets like the NFC East did before last year. 8-9 or 9-8 to win it. But how long can the other 3 teams keep playing down like they have in recent years?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It would take a lot to make it happen. It is possible that the whole NFC North gets like the NFC East did before last year. 8-9 or 9-8 to win it. But how long can the other 3 teams keep playing down like they have in recent years?
Even if the Packers go 17-0 this next season, I am afraid that it will not be followed by a 2022 playoff appearance. :cry::oops::whistling::rolleyes:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Even if the Packers go 17-0 this next season, I am afraid that it will not be followed by a 2022 playoff appearance. :cry::oops::whistling::rolleyes:
Right. It would actually be in the calendar year of 2023. But they would appear. Anything beyond that is in question.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No wager because I'm.poir just in case.
I'm pretty sure we are going to playoffs.
Chicago and Detroit won't turn things around that fast. The only team that could challenge us for div title is Minnesota.
We don't know who we lose who we draft yet. However if we can keep Rodgers and Adam's plus our 2 RBs that's is potent enough offense to take us to play offs coupled with our improving D#.
Don't know what your reasoning is behind we want make playoffs suddenly.
Feel free to explain.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Feel free to explain.
I don't know, I just have this gut feeling that the way this season ended, our time is up for anymore playoffs in 2022. I don't mean to sound like Nostradamus, but I would literally bet my farm on it. The Packers could return this exact same team, add 3 Pro Bowl WR's and defensive lineman and I still don't think that is enough to get them a playoff game in 2022.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know, I just have this gut feeling that the way this season ended, our time is up for anymore playoffs in 2022. I don't mean to sound like Nostradamus, but I would literally bet my farm on it. The Packers could return this exact same team, add 3 Pro Bowl WR's and defensive lineman and I still don't think that is enough to get them a playoff game in 2022.
I’m speechless.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I know guys, I should have way more confidence in my beloved Packers. But after that game against the 49'ers, I just don't see how the NFL would even allow the Packers to play in a 2022 playoff game.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Reaction score
Ok. Ok I betcha. )

I’ve been feeling extra risky ever since I took that.. that .. you know., that..
what the hell was I saying? :tdown:

Anyway. Heads I win tails you lose. Go ahead and flip, it’s your turn first

Last edited:

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No wager because I'm.poir just in case.
I'm pretty sure we are going to playoffs.
Chicago and Detroit won't turn things around that fast. The only team that could challenge us for div title is Minnesota.
We don't know who we lose who we draft yet. However if we can keep Rodgers and Adam's plus our 2 RBs that's is potent enough offense to take us to play offs coupled with our improving D#.
Feel free to explain.
Like I said a 9-8 or 8-9 season could actually win the division. Will not get to the SB or anywhere close but it can get you in. Bears and Vikes get a new HC. That can go either way. Lions have a second year coach. Unless one of them significantly improves we could be in the mix.

Packerbacker1996

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know guys, I should have way more confidence in my beloved Packers. But after that game against the 49'ers, I just don't see how the NFL would even allow the Packers to play in a 2022 playoff game.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
I get that you are beyond disappointed, we all are. Just ask my wife I was screaming at the top of my longs after that punt got returned for TD and I realized that all though the game was close we were the better team up to that point and yet we found a way to lose to the fkn 49ers once again and blew up yet another great season.
He'll I was so pistoff that game ruined the great weekend of Footbawl for me and I couldn't even watch any of the remaining games. I eas so angry I vowed to not watch Footbawl at all from here on.
So believe me I understand your anger, disappointed and frustration.

That said. We still have a lot of great players on the team. Prabobly very good ST coach ( ST have nowhere to go but UP) and with accusation of all around great TE hopefully in yard draft ( and this draft is deep for great TE) and at least 1 more great receiver we should not only make playoffs but be a Superbowl contender again.

Needless to say after a several days when I finally come down I'm going to watch Football and cheer for my Packers once again.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tend to agree with some opinions that our 2022 season IMO predicted as follows:

Rodgers and Adams return:
13 wins, no more than one playoff win before exiting.

Rodgers returns with no Adams:
12 wins, no more than one playoff win before exiting.

Adams returns but no Rodgers:
7 wins max

Neither returns:
6 wins max

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I get that you are beyond disappointed, we all are. Just ask my wife I was screaming at the top of my longs after that punt got returned for TD and I realized that all though the game was close we were the better team up to that point and yet we found a way to lose to the fkn 49ers once again and blew up yet another great season.
He'll I was so pistoff that game ruined the great weekend of Footbawl for me and I couldn't even watch any of the remaining games. I eas so angry I vowed to not watch Footbawl at all from here on.
So believe me I understand your anger, disappointed and frustration.

That said. We still have a lot of great players on the team. Prabobly very good ST coach ( ST have nowhere to go but UP) and with accusation of all around great TE hopefully in yard draft ( and this draft is deep for great TE) and at least 1 more great receiver we should not only make playoffs but be a Superbowl contender again.

Needless to say after a several days when I finally come down I'm going to watch Football and cheer for my Packers once again.
By not advancing we probably hurt the ratings because the Pack draw a big national TV and online audience. And we cost the city of Green Bay and the surrounding areas a bundle of money for the next game. Yeah, it hurts. But we just happened to play a 4th quarter as reminiscent of the NY Jets or Jacksonville Jaguars. I wonder if they would have blown it as well.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I tend to agree with some opinions that our 2022 season IMO predicted as follows:

Rodgers and Adams return:
13 wins, no more than one playoff win before exiting.

Rodgers returns with no Adams:
12 wins, no more than one playoff win before exiting.

Adams returns but no Rodgers:
7 wins max

Neither returns:
6 wins max
I think this is pretty close to the truth or reality of next year. BUT...what if:

Adams returns but no Rodgers: GB rcvs Carr or Wilson
11 wins, nfc champ L

Neither returns: GB rcvs Carr or Wilson, Metcalf or Waller
11 wins, div L

Members online

Latest posts