Speaking of Hawk and second year slumps......CHARLES WOODSOn

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is going on with Chuck Woodson, hes fell on at least 3 plays ive seen that have given up at least 20 plus yards a play. Im not gonna start saying anything crazy like his career is winding down, but im wondering if there may be an undisclosed injury>>>?

can someone help me out here>?

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm totally gonna bump this thread when he blows up in the second half of this season. He's still a gamebreaker, I don't think falling down has anything to do with a player's skill, or erosion thereof.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Didn't I voice my conern for this guy last week?

He looked pretty bad for 2 weeks in a row...

BTW, I don't know about the sophomore jinx tihng... May be his got other things on his mind?

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I'm sure he'll be fine eventually, but all I have really seen of him so far is when he has fallen and the receiver is standing wide open.

I'm sure he'll get on it though!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i also get REALLY nervous seeing him return punts. but i'm not too worried about him in man coverage. The major mistakes are mainly in cover three when the receiver transitions into the safety's zone. Bigby is a good player, but he's still new and it will take time before he, woodson, and harris learn to play zone together. it's a complicated scheme and takes time to master the nuance. Woodson is playing good buckle-down defense. just because he hasn't had any interceptions doesn't mean he hasn't played well. They're giving up 205 passing yards/game at this point, and with Bigby's learning curve, that's pretty respectable as a whole.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im still wondering why Woodson is returning punts! Its so stupid.

I think maybe its for ball security reasons, just a wild guess. I know i feel better with him back there because he doesnt seem like the fumbling type. A fumbled punt can swing momentum and lose games for you and we need someone dependable back there.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Speaking of Hawk and second year slumps......CHARLES WOO

de_real_deal said:

I think maybe its for ball security reasons, just a wild guess. I know i feel better with him back there because he doesnt seem like the fumbling type. A fumbled punt can swing momentum and lose games for you and we need someone dependable back there.

i agree with your assessment, but it still makes me nervous. he's expensive, and important, and getting old. i don't want him to break his hip.

Aytumious

Cheesehead
Reaction score

bozz_2006 said:
de_real_deal said:

i agree with your assessment, but it still makes me nervous. he's expensive, and important, and getting old. i don't want him to break his hip.

He was 3rd on the depth chart because of his sure hands. Blackmon is the #1 and he has had a cast on his hand. Jennings is the #2 and he's been out. Woodson is just a stopgap.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a lot of people are taking Woodson for granted. If either him or Harris goes down, the defense will struggle. Not because Jarrett Bush can't step it up but because Will Blackmon might not be able to cut it as the nickel back right now. Woodson hasn't played as horrible as people think.

He hasn't allowed a 100 yard receiver and he hasn't allowed a touchdown yet. He's been good enough. He's not in mid season form yet but this 2nd year slump is a little premature to be discussing for someone who has kept their guy out of the end zone.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charles Woodson isn't playing like Charles Woodson.

That is what people are concerned about. He started slow last year(and was part of the reason we lost some of those games) and then turned it on.

I expect him to step up soon. Hopefully very soon.

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm sure Ahmad Carroll is avaliable maybe we can get him back to replace Woodson. now after thinking about that take a minute and ponder the job CW is doing after pulling my hair for 2 years watching Carroll I think Cdub is doing a fine. fine job

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That didn't make any sense.

So Charles isn't playing like the worst CB in the league, so we should be happy? No.

I'll be happy\satisfied when he stops tripping over himself and starts playing like Charles Woodson.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Woodson hasnt allowed really any WR to do anything in these 2 games. The only 2 things people think about is the 1 play he fell down in both games and giving up huge plays other then that why is every complaing? He hasnt giving up anything except for when he fell on the ground, yes its stupid and annoying but im sure it will stop happening. Woodson has been playing fine.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides falling down on a couple plays C-Wood's done a great job.

The big thing about our D this year is that we aren't giving up the big plays.

We may miss a tackle here or there, but there have been no major "COMMUNICATION BREAKDOWNS", which plagued us last year.

I don't mind a catch here and there, but I think our has only allowed 2 passing TDs in two games. Donovan McNabb and Eli usually get 2-3 TDs a game.

The Plaxico Buress TD was a great catch, off an even greater throw. I also thought that the ref got in Al Harris way on that catch.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The Plaxico Buress TD was a great catch, off an even greater throw. I also thought that the ref got in Al Harris way on that catch.

Yeah, as much as I hate to admit it, that was just a great throw and catch.

Threw it passed Al, and over Bigby. Watch it again, it's pretty sweet, and hopefully the last time it happens! lol.

Bigby jumped like a spider monkey to swat it too, but just couldn't get it.

Reaction score

Besides falling down on a couple plays C-Wood's done a great job.

He looks to have a lack of effort out there.

He's done a decent job, but the problem is that he doesn't seem to be overly energetic lately.

I'm reminded of the Giants tackle that C-Wood didn't make yesterday. A WR caught the ball C-Wood warped the receiver, but Woodson didn't throw him to the ground. He just held him, sort of in a "I have you, now just go down.... come on dude go down, don't make me use force" attitude.

Woodson will come good, and hopefully it's sooner (as in starting this week) than later (in a few weeks).

packer4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score

sorry tromadz but it makes perfect sense to me all I'm saying is that everyone is ragging on C-wood and I just wanted to remind everyone that it could be worse like still having Carroll on the team I'm not saying that Chuck is playing up to his potential,but I am saying that he is better than what we had before and better than probably half the cornerbacks in the league .

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I purpose a law that Carroll's name does not come up on this site again!
(All in favor?)
As for Woodson, first I got frustrated with him to and he can play better but have to remember what we expect of them. Those 2 are often sent in to cover top WR of the league 1-1 (something a lot of teams won't even try cause they don't have the corners good enough for it) so it's bound to happen they'll give up some plays and their mistakes are always magnified if they aren't teaming up with a safety. Just a thought in his defence

Members online

Latest posts