Speaking of Hawk and second year slumps......CHARLES WOODSOn

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Speaking of Hawk and second year slumps......CHARLES WOO

sorry tromadz but it makes perfect sense to me all I'm saying is that everyone is ragging on C-wood and I just wanted to remind everyone that it could be worse like still having Carroll on the team I'm not saying that Chuck is playing up to his potential,but I am saying that he is better than what we had before and better than probably half the cornerbacks in the league .

So when Woodson messes up, we can say "At least he's not Carroll"

So when Favre messes up, we can say "At least he's not Grossman"

See how that makes no sense? I hold Woodson to a higher standard, because he's CHARLES WOODSON, and NOT Carroll, or any other CB.

the "It could be worse" thing doesn't make sense.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think a lot of people are taking Woodson for granted. If either him or Harris goes down, the defense will struggle.

Woodson hasn't played as horrible as people think.

He hasn't allowed a 100 yard receiver and he hasn't allowed a touchdown yet.

this 2nd year slump is a little premature to be discussing for someone who has kept their guy out of the end zone.

Agreed, as soon as Harris missed a series when he hurt his elbow, the Eagles scored a passing TD. I dont know if it was vs his replacement or in the area he would have been, but there is a big hole when either Woodson or Harris is out of the game and its easily exploited. Woodson is not supposed to be perfect, giving up some completions is not the worst thing in the world. Even Deion Sanders gave up some completions. Some people think that he is supposed to have a "Reggie White" impact on every play just because we signed him to a large sum of money. How come we dont rip into A.J. Hawk the same way. Didnt he get a large sum of loot as well? His position is easier to play as well then cornerback in the NFL.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That didn't make any sense.

So Charles isn't playing like the worst CB in the league, so we should be happy? No.

I'll be happy\satisfied when he stops tripping over himself and starts playing like Charles Woodson.

Dude, talk to your general manager. Maybe he should have spent some of that $$$ on a 3rd top line corner back/safety.

:tables:

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
That didn't make any sense.

So Charles isn't playing like the worst CB in the league, so we should be happy? No.

I'll be happy\satisfied when he stops tripping over himself and starts playing like Charles Woodson.

Dude, talk to your general manager. Maybe he should have spent some of that $$$ on a 3rd top line corner back/safety.

:tables:

Exactly what third "top line CB" would make sense to pay and WHO would sacrifice a starting job somewhere else to play behind these guys? We are right where we should be here grooming young, talented guys to be ready when these guys can no longer go.

Top quality CB's are premium in this league and we're lucky to be where we are in that regard. A third one? C'mon. A lot of teams don't have ONE.

The GM is handling this exactly the way it could be done in the real world.

Members online

Latest posts