Sorry TT

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dhpacker wrote:

I know that the Packers have not had a winning season in two years,since TT took over the Packers. so chew on that during your recess!
[/quote]

And Mike Sherman who somehow has something to do with Reggie White and Shawn Jones has nothing to do with the fate of the team or the quality of players he left behind.

Okey Dokey.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[dhpackr wrote:]

I know that the Packers have not had a winning season in two years,since TT took over the Packers. so chew on that during your recess![/quote]
And Mike Sherman who somehow has something to do with Reggie White and Shawn Jones has nothing to do with the fate of the team or the quality of players he left behind.

Okey Dokey.

OK Class
seeing how Warhawk has not done his homework, will someone please school him.
OK here goes
I never said MS has anything to do with SEAN Jones, yes SEAN , or Reggie. I said the Packers have not had two bookend Defensive Ends like SEAN & Reggie untill MS brang Kampman & Jenkins to the Packers. Cullen Jenkins and Kampman which came from the MS years give us a chance to pressure the QB with just the front four, we haven't had that since Jones & White. These guys are not TT guys. We have not had these types of players at DE since Reggie & SEAN.
does that make sence?
WTF you smoking on recess?

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
O.K. Class. Let's begin shall we?

First question.

What does Reggie White and Shawn Jones have in common with Coach Sherman and the players still left over today from the teams he coached?

Nothing! The class rings out together.

Correct! Says the teacher.

Teacher with a direct question to Dhpacker:

How many games did we win in '04?

Ten, dh proudly announces.

Teacher again to Dhpacker:

How many of those wins came against teams with a winning record?

Uh, I don't know (obviously), responds Dh.

Zero, zip, nata, none, says the Teacher.

Class. You can go to recess.

Yeah! says the class.

EXCEPT DHpacker. You go stand in the corner for not paying attention to what the hell's been going on around here for the last year and a half!

I know that the Packers have not had a winning season in two years,since TT took over the Packers. so chew on that during your recess!

come on man damn... thats what were talkin about.

do you know how many times we have discussed Ted Thompsons record and how much it means at this point. Come on pay attention... i know for a fact theres at least 20+ threads in the past where that topic has come up.

and in those 20+ threads we have discussed every single detail... so if you think you have something to add... go read those threads first. IF by some random chance you can add something that hasnt been said a million times... come back and we will talk about it.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
warhawk said:
O.K. Class. Let's begin shall we?

First question.

What does Reggie White and Shawn Jones have in common with Coach Sherman and the players still left over today from the teams he coached?

Nothing! The class rings out together.

Teacher with a direct question to Dhpacker:

How many games did we win in '04?

Ten, dh proudly announces.

Teacher again to Dhpacker:

How many of those wins came against teams with a winning record?

Uh, I don't know (obviously), responds Dh.

Zero, zip, nata, none, says the Teacher.

Class. You can go to recess.

Yeah! says the class.

EXCEPT DHpacker. You go stand in the corner for not paying attention to what the hell's been going on around here for the last year and a half!

come on man damn... thats what were talkin about.

do you know how many times we have discussed Ted Thompsons record and how much it means at this point. Come on pay attention... i know for a fact theres at least 20+ threads in the past where that topic has come up.

and in those 20+ threads we have discussed every single detail... so if you think you have something to add... go read those threads first. IF by some random chance you can add something that hasnt been said a million times... come back and we will talk about it.
can you say, Obsession, the thread is done, I'm sure the mods will lock it out.
and oh yeah,
craig newsome :)
peace out , go packers

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P.S. that "RAWR" is meant to be read phonetically, like a growl noise, not as an acronym such as LOL, or ROFL, or OMGICSTFLIFLIGSMP!!!!!

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Simply put, Sherman inherited a talented, but aging team with a limited window to achieve success before player decline and roster turnover took their tool. He ammassed his lofty record in the year in-year out worst division in football for the better part of his tenure...and do not diminish this because division games are approximately 40% of the season. To that end, he played for the moment because he knew his window was closing. Sadly, his personal decisions stunk. Yes, he gave us Barnett, Kampmann, Jenkins and traded for Al Harris...all great moves...but he decimated any depth he had, and the future as well, by giving players away to take the likes of Donnell Washingtom, James Lee, and Hunter Hillenmeyer. While also drafting quality players and people such as those noted above, as well as Ahmad Carroll, Torrance Marshall (who was kept over Hunter because of higher draft status), Joey Thomas, etc. For the few quality players he brought in, there is a much higher number of turds/busts he brought in, usually at the ost of extra draft picks. And let us not even delve into his staff blunders, for they are glaring and numerous.

TT inherited a team that was VERY OLD and lacking depth across the board. He has spent several years fixing Sherman's embarrassment of a roster. If you do not like the players TT has brought in, there is something seriously wrong with you. Wheras MS drafted athletes who dabbled in football for the 3 "Ps" (*****, paycheck and parties), TT drafts guys who are ALL about football....who eat, breathe, sleep and dream of it.

The scenarios under which these two men operated werevery different, and demanded different approaches to building the team. If all you want to do is consider the win records of the two, then you have a very simple minded approach to evaluating these two men...and there is absolutely nothing I or anyone else can say to open your brains to the many complexities that building a team, at significantly differentt stages of evolutuion, requires.

The MS has more wins approach is equivalent to saying Ahmad Carroll is a better corner than Al Harris...he runs faster, jumps higher (and apparently gets higher) and has vastly superior athleticism...Ahmad would win EVERY straght up athletic challenge against Al. But yet, being a corner in the NFL is more than that. So is building a roster and straight up wins and losses...especially considering one guy started with a luxury sedan and the other a Yugo.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
dhpackr said:
Zero2Cool said:
Sean Jones. :)
yeah so what's the point?

Sharp as a bowling ball.
nice attack from a mod.
sean jones :) sorry i do not read minds
craig newsome :)

If you read warhawks post you'd see Shawn instead of Sean. I was simply correcting it.

I am NOT a mod. Considering AADP is, I am over qualified. (hah jk AADP :p)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
we haven't had a good old fashioned cat fight in quite some time. let it ride! RAWR!

And i'm not even involved! Get the popcorn!
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, I never said MS was better than TT. I am saying that TT inherited a 10-6 team with some potential stars on offense and defense. Some of those players on offense, maybe, TT, should have thought of keeping some of these guys (wahle, walker)around, and try to put us over the top w/a f/a or two, instead of rebuilding the team.

is the o line in 2007, better than the line in 2004? some say yes, i am not sure.

coming into 2007 TT has a 12-20 record, if he loses again this year, does he come back for a fourth year? I guess so, but if TT puts together 4 straight years without posting a winning record. has TT failed?

TT can draft depth on a team, can he sign a key free agent to put the Packers over the top and compete for a superbowl? I am not sure, the team looks solid on defense, but w/a HOF QB, we have experience at 1 skill position on offense.

Could TT done a better job of bringinig in a F/A on offense to give the Packers a weapon, b/c after all a red zone threat was a major weakness on last years team. yes . I believe so.
that's my point, if you think i am stupid, hate the packers, or want to fight me, whatever.
enjoy the popcorn, the show, and oh yeah, who am i fighting with again?
i thought i was on a football forum where people discuss football.
silly me!
peace out
GO PACKERS

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
OK, I never said MS was better than TT. I am saying that TT inherited a 10-6 team with some potential stars on offense and defense. Some of those players on offense, maybe, TT, should have thought of keeping some of these guys (wahle, walker)around, and try to put us over the top w/a f/a or two, instead of rebuilding the team.

is the o line in 2007, better than the line in 2004? some say yes, i am not sure.

coming into 2007 TT has a 12-20 record, if he loses again this year, does he come back for a fourth year? I guess so, but if TT puts together 4 straight years without posting a winning record. has TT failed?

TT can draft depth on a team, can he sign a key free agent to put the Packers over the top and compete for a superbowl? I am not sure, the team looks solid on defense, but w/a HOF QB, we have experience at 1 skill position on offense.

Could TT done a better job of bringinig in a F/A on offense to give the Packers a weapon, b/c after all a red zone threat was a major weakness on last years team. yes . I believe so.
that's my point, if you think i am stupid, hate the packers, or want to fight me, whatever.
silly me!
peace out
GO PACKERS

relax. it was a joke, playing to the fact that things were getting a little too tense. basically the same thing you said at the end of this post.

Popcynical

Cheesehead
Reaction score

silly me!
peace out
GO PACKERS

The thing is.. now that TT 'rebuilt' most of the team, we're a lot younger than we were in '04. Including our 0line. This means we'll be able to compete at a higher level for a longer amount of time.

I don't know about you, but I'm pretty stoked about the future and the years to come. We may not be a Superbowl contender right now, but we're not far off, either.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team is set to make big steps, and explode in the next year or two....and then be very good for a long time, provided TT continues to show similar prowess in the draft.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah, the age old question of should have TT went for it and picked up a couple of players to make a run? Intreging question.

Except it had no chance.

First of all TT would have had to stick a fork in at least one if not more decent players to keep Wahle in order to recapture cap dollars as we were broke. We were at 1.9 mil and it would have taken it all plus some.

We couldn't afford to lose any decent players. We were already lost depth wise. We had no one that could come into a game and compete on the NFL level behind a starter. I mean nobody.

You KNOW people are going to get hurt. A playoff team can sustain a few injuries because their roster is DEEP. Look back. We had nothing.

On a team that defensively stood no realistic chance of any kind in any playoff picture. Simply put that defense would have got taken to the wood shed by any good playoff team.

Look at all the work that has been done over the last two years to get a defense on the field that could actually hold it's own in a playoff setting. There's no way TT could have gotten close to this that fast.

I know there are those pissed at TT for not keeping Wahle and Walker and trying for some kind of run. We are two years later now and at least fifteen players better than we were and still working to get there.

I think that tells me we were just to far off for anything like that to realistically take place and trying would have probably put us back like a San Francisco who finally ran out of talent and couldn't buy a winning season for like ten years now.

It would have been a hell of a risk and a hell of a price to pay thereafter.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
MassPackersFan said:
what the hell did a "shut down corner" matter if the other starting corner was Ahmad Carroll?
Harris was a backup, then he came to GB and became a solid player. TT inherited this player from Sherman. Some of the parts for the defense were in place before TT arrived.
Sherman also never had the foresight to move Jenkins to DE. He overpaid KGB a ridiculous amount and kept him there at RDE on most downs. Don't forget the other powerhouse LB's we had... who have since found new homes.

Hello, Kampman was always a solid DE and KGB had Dbl digit sacks every year, why move jenkins. jenkins could get to the QB from the DT position. so you had three guys who could get to the qb. it was so effective, even MM & TT still use this formation on passing downs to this day!
nice post.

nice post? Did you mean that or are you hatin' me for sincerely liking this team 100% more than the team we had 2 years ago? :)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I always felt Sherman inherited a good team, and did little with it. Yes, they won some games, but the playoffs stunk.
TT had to try to rebuild an over the hill club, and my opinion is he is doing a pretty good job so far. Some people that thought he was nuts have back tracked on their opinion. Which i honestly respect them VERY much for doing so. If TT proves to be a big mistake in the end, i would admit so.
As they say, "Rome wasn't built in a day" and it takes time to build a strong football team too. I don't "love" OR "hate" TT.........i just see the moves he has made so far as being better then average. NO GM hits on all their picks, but he seems to be doing pretty good so far. (IMO)

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I owe TT an apology. Packers looked pretty good. Open WR, good running game, attacking defense, special teams. all looked good.

Brandon Jackson, J. Jones, Blackmon all looked like they will be major contributors on the 2007 Packers.

I hope we stay healthy and have a great season.

You shoulda maybe stopped when you were ahead.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
haha your right bozz we havent.. this was just like old times... all the same perps cept a few.

you bring pyle and depack in here and i might get real interesting.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
dhpackr said:
I guess I owe TT an apology. Packers looked pretty good. Open WR, good running game, attacking defense, special teams. all looked good.

Brandon Jackson, J. Jones, Blackmon all looked like they will be major contributors on the 2007 Packers.

and by being ahead he means Sep 12, 2005

RainX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To anyone who thinks this team wouldn't have been 4-12 in 2005 had Mike Sherman remained GM is deluding themselves.

You could clearly see the writing on the wall for Sherman's team as we got into 2004. Anyone remember that 1-4 start? Yeah, we finished 10-6, but we overpowered some cupcake opponents the second half of the season to win the division. Then come playoff time, we get embarrassed at home AGAIN in the playoffs (something that started becoming common place under Sherm), by Minnesota no less, in the Wild Card round. And even had we won that game, did anyone think that '04 team had any chance against Philly? Especially considering how they had stomped a mudhole in our *** courtesy of a 35-0 halftime lead during the regular season.

Mike Sherman built us a fantastic, playoff calibur offense during his tenure. That offensive line was one of the best in the league. Ahman Green was in his prime and a pretty solid receiving corp once Javon hit his stride along side Donald Driver.

The defense was another story entirely. It literally fell apart under his tenure. He inherited a relatively average defense in 2001 and by the time he was relieved of his GM duties by Harlan in early '05, it was one of the worst in the league. You aren't going to win many playoff games with a defense as bad as the Packers had. This was the major problem with Sherman's Packers. Great offense, little or no defense and special teams. His teams were good enough to win a mediocre division 3 years in a row, but come playoff time, were beaten by superior opponents. There's a reason he never made it past the divisional round.

Thompson was handed a completely different team then Sherman acquired. He literally had to overhaul the roster because he knew, as it stood, wasn't going to win come playoff time. Do any of you honestly think, had he went nutz in FA in '05 or '06, mortgaging the future like Sherman had, bringing in one or two high priced free agents, that this team was going to win a SB? You're off your damn rocker if you do. It might've given us another win or two, but the team literally had no depth on it. I don't think it's to hard to remember that NFL Europe calibur offense we were fielding by the end of the '05 season due to injury. One or two high priced FAs probably wouldn't have made much of a difference that season.

I give TT credit. In two years, he's done a pretty good job of overhauling the roster. For the first time, I see the "potential" of a playoff calibur team forming. Sure, he's made a few questionable choices here and there, but all GMs make mistakes on occasion. Anyone who prefered Mike Sherman as GM to TT either couldn't see the big picture of what REALLY was going on in the earlier part of this decade, or just can't see past Wins and Loses.

Sure let's go ahead and blow all our cap space during free agency. That's really doing Washington a lot of good.

Other than the Javon Walker fiasco, Thompson has kept the few valuable players Sherman brought in on the Packers. It's nice to see us being able to retain our good players. Something sound salary cap management can do for a team.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
dhpackr said:

and by being ahead he means Sep 12, 2005

BA-ZING!

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts