Sorry TT

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I owe TT an apology. Packers looked pretty good. Open WR, good running game, attacking defense, special teams. all looked good.

Brandon Jackson, J. Jones, Blackmon all looked like they will be major contributors on the 2007 Packers.

I hope we stay healthy and have a great season.

Reaction score
To be fair, this is just one game and there needs to be consistency.

Ted also needs to fill some depth at positions that may become a problem if we experience injuries.

But the rookies look outstanding thus far, with a couple that need more reps to get into a rhythm. Ted is a rigorous scouter, and we've seen the fruits of his labour the first couple of years. Let's hope the rookies continue to surprise pleasantly.

It'll be a short week this week, so it'll really test the coaches ability to prepare the players, and it'll give the players a good lesson on the rigors of the NFL. Let's hope the youngsters are up to the challenge.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's pre season. I don't think you owe him an apology and I don't think you should be as critical as you were. The Packers looked great and shhh but they got a 6 game winning streak going which does create a great atmosphere. Once again though, it's pre season.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it is just preseason... but that kind of enviroment they created at the stadium last night and the general feeling of whoopin *** carries through.

like you said pork... we are running on a 6 game streak.... some players like james jones and justin Harrell have never lost in the NFL... lets keep that going. that feeling that pressure... thats how you spark a playoff run right there.

its preseason and it doesnt mean anything, i just think the winning enviroment is very important.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it is preseason and these games don't affect any league standings, but it most certainly does mean something. go tell any of the coaches and players that preseason doesn't mean anything and see what they say. it means something. if you're playing, you're playing to win. week 17 when we kicked the **** out of Bears didn't mean anything either, right? go tell that to all the Packers who won that game.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's pre season. I don't think you owe him an apology and I don't think you should be as critical as you were. The Packers looked great and shhh but they got a 6 game winning streak going which does create a great atmosphere. Once again though, it's pre season.

I still think Brandon Jackson has a way to go. He Played better, but I do not think the Seattle defense is as strong as Pitts defense.

James Jones looked pretty strong. His crossing pattern was money, and he made a great catch along the sidelines. remember this was the pick that was to be traded for Randy Moss. I wanted to see moss in a packer uni, but Jones may make me feel differently. his crossing pattern TD, Jones was wide open. Is he that fast, or was there a blown coverage?

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I guess I owe TT an apology. Packers looked pretty good. Open WR, good running game, attacking defense, special teams. all looked good.

Brandon Jackson, J. Jones, Blackmon all looked like they will be major contributors on the 2007 Packers.

Man, you don't need to apologize for anything! None of us wanted to lose Wahle or Rivera or Sharpier (well, I wanted Darlene gone, but some liked him). But the cap had to be taken control of after years of people abusing it.

Keep your opinions and keep posting. That's what these forums are all about. Without Pyle and Depack anymore, we need someone like you. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dhpackr said:

Man, you don't need to apologize for anything! None of us wanted to lose Wahle or Rivera or Sharpier (well, I wanted Darlene gone, but some liked him). But the cap had to be taken control of after years of people abusing it.

Keep your opinions and keep posting. That's what these forums are all about. Without Pyle and Depack anymore, we need someone like you. :thumbsup:
TY :thumbsup: ;-)>

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No one said that Ted Thompson couldn't collect talent.

The big question is whether he can put together championship teams or not.

That still remains to be seen.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score

does it? he put together the NFC champion Seattle Seahawks of a couple years back.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not quite.

He wasn't the GM, and he wasn't involved in Free Agency acquisitions.

Interesting, eh?

He still isn't involved in free agency acquisitions.

The book on Ted in the NFL is that he's a decent collector of rookie talent who doesn't have what it takes to put a team over the top.

(Seattle didn't start competing for championships until they added some key FA acquisitions, which was Holgren's doing.) :thumbsup:

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's one way of saying it. IMO the "book" on Ted is he fixes bad cap situations and puts together a team that I happen to think is going to be exciting this year, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

OP
OP
D

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not quite.

He wasn't the GM, and he wasn't involved in Free Agency acquisitions.

Interesting, eh?

He still isn't involved in free agency acquisitions.

The book on Ted in the NFL is that he's a decent collector of rookie talent who doesn't have what it takes to put a team over the top.

(Seattle didn't start competing for championships until they added some key FA acquisitions, which was Holgren's doing.) :thumbsup:

TT is 12-20 coming into this year. I think 2 of the guys on the "D" line are from Sherman(Jenkins, Kampman). I hated we did not get a weapon for
#4. J-Walk is gone, and we did not go after Moss. James Jones looked like he may be a solid WR. Moss is hurt and has done nothing so far. Was it worth keeping our #3 pick instead of taking on Moss. Time will only tell. I would think if GB has a losing record under TT after 4 years, we may see a changing of the GM.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Talent and championships take time to put together. Lets give it some more time. Hope for better things.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must have missed the season....looks like we still have 2 pre-season, 16 regular season, plus 2-3 post-season games before we get to the Super Bowl. Sounds like some folks think the team is already there!

Looks to me like we still have among the youngest squads in the game, and that usually doesn't stack up very well against older, more established squads.

Few folks apparently saw both starting tackles and Matt Hasselbeck not playing, plus these two teams play again for real in a few weeks.

But, sorry, I guess I missed the August Super Bowl.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I dont see how Blackmons awesome return and the starting offense doing well has anything to do with hasselbeck and his tackles.

DoddPower

Nick Perry is watching you, NFL QB's!
Reaction score
I must have missed the season....looks like we still have 2 pre-season, 16 regular season, plus 2-3 post-season games before we get to the Super Bowl. Sounds like some folks think the team is already there!

Looks to me like we still have among the youngest squads in the game, and that usually doesn't stack up very well against older, more established squads.

Few folks apparently saw both starting tackles and Matt Hasselbeck not playing, plus these two teams play again for real in a few weeks.

Give me a break dude. No one is celebrating a "super bowl" victory. We're excited because LOTS of progress was shown. That does not mean we're going to win the super bowl, but it does mean we're improving and some folks are stepping up. We still have a long ways to go, but it's a good couple of days to be a packer fan!!

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Give me a break dude. No one is celebrating a "super bowl" victory. We're excited because LOTS of progress was shown. That does not mean we're going to win the super bowl, but it does mean we're improving and some folks are stepping up. We still have a long ways to go, but it's a good couple of days to be a packer fan!!

I agree. Look on the bright side, the Packers may win as many games in August as the Brewers.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score

There always has to be people who "**** on the cherios!" I just wish they would give us a day to have fun first. This time of year, a few of my buddies always ask me how the Packers are going to do! I tell them that we are going to win the Super Bowl. I always have a little smirk on my face, so they no it's BS. My point is, this time of year every team should have high hopes, unless your a Viking fan, then you have already accepted your fate.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One commonality I see in those that have a problem with TT includes putting a very large amount of responsibiliyt for '05 on him. The reality of it is he walked into a situation pretty much handtied money wise and not a lot of wiggle room to do much about anything.

This was evidenced by the fact that something like nineteen starters were the same guys that started in '04. You can say what you want but he was simply not in a position to make a mark on that team but was thrown on the ship just in time to find himself waist deep as it was sinking.

One of the first things he get's to see is our two guards with their hand on the doorknob, very little cash on hand, and a roster extremely lacking about fifteen to seventeen players down.

That points out the second "common thread" found with those that would love to toilet paper TT's yard. The falacy that this team was "in good shape" and just a player or two or three off from playoff quality.

Sorry. Not even close. The defense was pathetic, special teams worse, and, the offense had one thin line of good players and nobody behind them. AND, many of those were getting old.

So he's gotten the cap right and emphasized the draft to recapture a youth we were fast losing on this team and for the first time in a long time the fight for the final 53 is going result in quality players top to bottom.

It's easier to accept TT if you keep '05 in perspective AND realize this was just not a very good football team when he got here. I had no confidence in the team after the Philly game in '03. Even when we got in the playoffs in '04 it looked like about any team out there could put 30 up on us in a heartbeat.

Not anymore. Now THIS is how you play defense.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One commonality I see in those that have a problem with TT includes putting a very large amount of responsibiliyt for '05 on him. The reality of it is he walked into a situation pretty much handtied money wise and not a lot of wiggle room to do much about anything.

I hate getting back into the 05 argument. I went down the roster and posted and majority of the players on that team were Sherman players. The players that were Ted Thompson's were mostly draft picks and undrafted free agents. So while Ted Thompson needs to accept his responsibility for that mess of a year, you can't put it all on him either.

Now 2006 the transition really begun. The roster shakeup was in full force and Ted Thompson had most of his guys in there but most were young and inexperienced.

This year the transition is finally completed. This is Ted Thompson's team built from top to bottom. A little mixture of Ron Wolf and Mike Sherman's players are in there but this is TT’s team. How the team does will reflect basically his job. Now granted a lot of these guys aren’t in their prime but his decisions is what ultimately lead us to where we are now.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that game kind of seemed to bring back a little of the lambeau magic

i agree and because it was preseason i think so even more. They made a statement. The Mystique is back baby.... dont come in here expecting an easy win, not even in the preseason.

and as far as superbowl goes no one is expecting it at this point... just a step in the right direction to a superbowl is all. cant we be happy for once... jeez. especially after the lackluster Steeler effort.

And Matt Hassleback starting could have made things worse for Seattle... he is way less mobile than Seneca Wallace and would have taken a worse beating... he may have completed a couple more passes... but he would have taken his lumps too.. i dont care what anyone says... you dont beat a team 48-13 and not get excited about it... especially when your an 8-8 ball club going up against a team that was in the superbowl two years ago. half strength, full strength, no strength whatever... they came to Lambeau and got that *** waxed.... bottom line cause Packnic said so.

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:

DUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUDE!

It's still a freakin' pre-season game. I can tell you in the 'bad old days' prior to Ron Wolf, the Packers used to look real good in the pre-season.
The thread starter implied that somehow after whipping Seattle everything was different. We'll see in December.

Thompson has replaced player "X" with player "Y". That is all that has happened at this point.

Progress is determined by besting last year's 8-8...achieved by beating one team with a winning record(the Bears) in a meaningless game.

I'm not going to grant Ted Thompson anything at this point.

What I see accomplished so far that is positive is the team is in better physical condition than the past, that is obvious. At this point, little else.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts