So'oto Out For Packers/saints Game

Reaction score

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Major bummer!!!

We were really wanting to see what he would do on such a big game!

slaughter25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not positive that this changes whether or not it will be Walden. He took a lot of snaps with the number 1 d through camp and although looked rather pedestrian at times in the last two preseason games he would have been my pick to start the year.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Vic So'oto is listed on the unofficial depth chart on the Packers' website as the number three LOLB behind Clay and Brad Jones. Walden is listed as the starter at ROLB with Zombo backing him up and Lattimore as the #3 ROLB. IOW, as well as So'oto played he wasn't going to start at OLB anyway. He may have gotten into the nickel package, depending upon where they see him vs. the other LBs regarding pass rushing. (BTW, that depth chart is really Unofficial - it lists Crabtree as the starting TE.)

So'oto really has the look of another Thompson UDFA find. He's going to contribute this year - maybe as a pass rusher and most likely on STs, but imagine him next season after having a year in Capers' D, being able to work out at the Packers' facilities with the Packers' position and strength & conditioning coaches.

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think So'oto would have received that much PT anyway. Walden will get the start and Jones will spell him. Regarding the depth chart, it is a bit misleading since Zombo is injured.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You never know what they were planning. So'oto might have been used as a 3rd down passing situation guy (Walden's good against the run), and he certainly would be out on ST. I'm interested to see what our ST is going to look like this year. I'm sure it's going to look more different than last year. (more bigger bodies this year)

OP
OP
Bensalama21
Reaction score
So'oto's ability to make plays throughout the Chiefs game was enough for Ted to put him in the lineup at least a few times during the game... He could have been one heck of a playmaker for us against the Saints opposite of Matthews if he got rolling!

PackerChef

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So'oto's ability to make plays throughout the Chiefs game was enough for Ted to put him in the lineup at least a few times during the game... He could have been one heck of a playmaker for us against the Saints opposite of Matthews if he got rolling!
Not sure how TT makes decisions regarding playing time, but i understand what u are saying regarding capers and such

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not too happy to see someone get hurt but of all places to do it in the weight room is not cool. This is not acceptable.

Members online

Latest posts