1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

So'oto Out For Packers/saints Game

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Bensalama21, Sep 6, 2011.

1. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +609
  2. GWheels

GWheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +208
    That sucks. Looking forward to see him play.

3. IluvGB

IluvGB I <3 Packers!!!!

Ratings:
    +850
    Major bummer!!!

We were really wanting to see what he would do on such a big game!

4. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    No doubt Walden starts. He did pretty well last year.

5. slaughter25

slaughter25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +211
    Not positive that this changes whether or not it will be Walden. He took a lot of snaps with the number 1 d through camp and although looked rather pedestrian at times in the last two preseason games he would have been my pick to start the year.

6. TJV

TJV Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +4,176
    Vic So'oto is listed on the unofficial depth chart on the Packers' website as the number three LOLB behind Clay and Brad Jones. Walden is listed as the starter at ROLB with Zombo backing him up and Lattimore as the #3 ROLB. IOW, as well as So'oto played he wasn't going to start at OLB anyway. He may have gotten into the nickel package, depending upon where they see him vs. the other LBs regarding pass rushing. (BTW, that depth chart is really Unofficial - it lists Crabtree as the starting TE.)

So'oto really has the look of another Thompson UDFA find. He's going to contribute this year - maybe as a pass rusher and most likely on STs, but imagine him next season after having a year in Capers' D, being able to work out at the Packers' facilities with the Packers' position and strength & conditioning coaches.

7. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    I don't think So'oto would have received that much PT anyway. Walden will get the start and Jones will spell him. Regarding the depth chart, it is a bit misleading since Zombo is injured.

8. Helmets

Helmets Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +222
    Agree. I don't think the injury plays any bearing on who is starting or the gameplan.

9. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    You never know what they were planning. So'oto might have been used as a 3rd down passing situation guy (Walden's good against the run), and he certainly would be out on ST. I'm interested to see what our ST is going to look like this year. I'm sure it's going to look more different than last year. (more bigger bodies this year)

10. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +609
    So'oto's ability to make plays throughout the Chiefs game was enough for Ted to put him in the lineup at least a few times during the game... He could have been one heck of a playmaker for us against the Saints opposite of Matthews if he got rolling!

11. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +585
    Jeez, he really is a Packer ain't he.

• Like Like x 1
  12. PackerChef

PackerChef Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +7
    Not sure how TT makes decisions regarding playing time, but i understand what u are saying regarding capers and such

13. 7thFloorRA

7thFloorRA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,072
    I'm not too happy to see someone get hurt but of all places to do it in the weight room is not cool. This is not acceptable.