Soem rumors about trading AJ Hawk

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to the following website, the Packers and Chargers have talked about trading Hawk and a 2nd rounder for Antonio Cromartie and a 3rd rounder.

PackerChatters Blog Archive On The Sidelines

What do you think of this? The article goes on to talk about how TT might be interested in getting a couple of O-Linemen via free agency.

My only concern would be who would replace Hawk. While Hawk hasn't been all he was made out to be, he certainly hasn't been bad.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
According to the following website, the Packers and Chargers have talked about trading Hawk and a 2nd rounder for Antonio Cromartie and a 3rd rounder.

What do you think of this? The article goes on to talk about how TT might be interested in getting a couple of O-Linemen via free agency.

My only concern would be who would replace Hawk. While Hawk hasn't been all he was made out to be, he certainly hasn't been bad.

I'm going to remain slightly calm... and just not let my hopes get up lol.. TT is really starting to get my highest respect. Lets hope he pulls something like this off.

From the Article:

Also: heard a rumor that if Jahvid Best checks out ok (regarding his conclusion during the 2009 season) and has a great combine, he may be a player that Ted Thompson thinks about at the end of round 1 (if CJ Spiller is gone).

Also: hearing that the Packers want to have the offensive tackle situation taken care of via free agency and will look to add a “level II” free agent. The two names that came (back) up were the two Buccaneers offensive tackles, Donald Penn and Jeremy Trueblood. A few other names that came up were Alex Barron of the Rams and Jahri Evans of the Saints.

I would like to take credit for the Donald Penn idea, I was the first one who brought his name up damnit! lol, anyways I like what I am seeing here.

Cardsmc25

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I believe the term is, "I just went from 6 to midnight"... I would love that! Hawk is replacable. Like you said, he hasn't been terrible... but he hasn't be good, at all. During games, Hawk is a glaring weakness in the middle of the defense. If I was a fairly athletic tight end, I would lick my chops to play the Packers MLBs. They can't run with anyone. Hawk takes terrible routes to the ball. He was NOT a number five pick. I say you squeeze out any trade value you can get from him.

My hopes are offcial UP...

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Ugh.. can a mod please fix my settings or whatever is messed up that I cant make paragraphs and use smileys.. I left a message in some abandoned forum so thought I'd ask here lol.. and delete this later.. thx..

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That would be an awesome trade IMHO.

I like A.J., and think he's a competent starter. He's not a liability to the team, as some portrait him to be.

But he's far from an impact player.

I think Chillar and an improving Desmond Bishop could more than replace him. And Cromartie would automatically fix any problems we have in the secondary, and for the future.

We would lose a second round pick, and the possibility of getting a RB, but the value of the trade would be just perfect.

But let's face it, it'll never happen.

AllouezPackerFan

Section 121 Row 47
Reaction score

Oh my god....please let this be true!!!!!!! :happy0005:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also loved every suggested rumor there was in there.

The FAs they're possibily looking, Penn, Trueblood and specially Evans would be much better than any rookie we could get with the 23th pick. Barron, not so much.

Those Raiders Lbs would be awesome on our team.

Getting rid of Donald Lee is fine with me.

Best would be very good.

And have no idea about the scouted players...

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First off Hawk is replaceable with the talent we already have on the team, in a perfect world we need a dynamic inside LB but that is not a position we can address at this time. I would be happy to get anything for Hawk, not sure how his contract affects things though, maybe a deal breaker.

The way I look at it we are getting a great veteran player for a second round pick, Hawk in my mind is not a loss and helps the Pack by unloading that contract.

Remember Hawk had his issues with this defense and Dom Capers was pushing Hawk out of his comfort zone. I think at times Hawk did not fit this defense more so than Kampman.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
that is from Joe?

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLL

:confused:

Can anyone show me ONE rumor he tossed out that ended up being true?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
that is from Joe?

ROFLLLLLLLLLLLL

:confused:

Can anyone show me ONE rumor he tossed out that ended up being true?
I've heard Packer Chatters have an history of "hitlerian" politics.

But no credibility?

I'm not a regular of that site, not criticizing you nor them, I'm asking a question.

Without any kind of agenda, those rumors are just tossed out of nowhere? They have absolutely zero credibility?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I've heard Packer Chatters have an history of "hitlerian" politics.

But no credibility?

I'm not a regular of that site, not criticizing you nor them, I'm asking a question.

Without any kind of agenda, those rumors are just tossed out of nowhere? They have absolutely zero credibility?

I "think" Joe does have insiders that he talks to...But I think those insiders just toss out things they like to do..

Just like you or I saying....God I wish we could trade Y for Z

I used to follow Joes "rumors" like clock work, but came to realize it was all smoke.

In fact most other bigger sites say same thing, Joe is all smoke..

I never did find anything that gives him an cred...But that is why I asked for anyone to show me anyone that came true.

Go back and look at all his rumors, might take a while, but you will see all his stuff

GB2009

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy isn't legit. He says they are all rumors from sources, but I think the guy just makes crap up. This is from his website....

After the Pack beat the Cowboys
He had rumors about Holmgren to the Packers.

And before the trading deadline he said he heard these rumors...

Steven Jackson to the Packers for Ryan Grant, a 2nd in 2010 and a conditional pick in 2011 (either a 3rd or 2nd depending on Jackson’s production):
I had 3 different sources telling me that this deal is a “no brainer” for both teams. Jackson would provide the type of running back Mike McCarthy wants, a power runner that can be an every down back and go the distance anytime he touches the ball.
Some in the Packers organization do not feel Grant will ever get his “magic” back from 2007 and they think this will be his last year in Green Bay.
The Rams are a team in full rebuild mode. Jackson would be approaching his 30’s by the time the Rams would be a contender again and is wasting in St. Louis. With a second rounder in 2010 and the conditional pick in 2011 they would be able to add valuable draft picks to rebuild. Grant would give them a running back who they could use on first and second down and may benefit from a change of scenery.

Cincinnati Left Tackle Anthony Collins for Aaron Kampman.
I don’t see this happening but from what I understand it was talked about and reported on SI.com as one of their 10 trades that should happen.
Collins would provide depth at the left tackle position, but Kampman is a Pro Bowl player, unlike Collins. Yes Kampman has not had the type of impact in Dom Capers 3-4 defense and he is a free agent at the end of the year, but he is to talented for this deal.

Carolina Defensive end Julius Peppers for Kampman:
Peppers wants out of Carolina, he wants a new deal and he wants to go to a team that runs a 3-4 to play outside linebacker. It was rumored in the off season that the Packers and Panthers were talking about a Peppers for Kampman deal, but nothing ever materialized.
This deal would make sense in a lot of ways for both teams, but like Kampman, Peppers is a free agent after the season and unlike Kampman, he wants “Haynesworth” type money.

Shawne Merriman for a for a 2nd round pick in 2010 and a conditional pick in 2011 or a player. The Packers would want a window to get a new deal done with Merriman if they agree on compensation:

Merriman is a free agent after the season and does not like Chargers G.M. A.J. Smith and from what I hear, the feeling is mutual. The Chargers drafted Larry English in the first round just incase Merriman decides to “bolt” after the season.
With Merriman not showing the same burst so far this season (partly because of a strained groin) and with Merriman calling out Smith recently, trade talks have “heated up” regarding Merriman. He would provide the type of pass rusher the Packers need in their 3-4 defense.

The Packers have talked to the Rams about Chris Long. This deal makes sense, but I am not sure how serious either side is. In this deal the Packers would trade Aaron Kampman and a 2nd round pick for Long and the Rams 3rd round pick in 2010. Long has not “fit in” in the 4-3 like the Rams have hoped and is not the starter while the same could be said for Kampman in the Packers 3-4.
Keep this in mind, Chris Long was an outside linebacker at the University of Virginia and played his entire college career as a 3-4 linebacker.

The Packers have talked to Oakland about a variety of players. Michael Bush, Michael Huff and Darren McFadden namely.

The Raiders want a 1st, Brandon Jackson and another player for McFadden, which is to rich for the Packers (and I don’t think Oakland, I mean Al Davis wants to deal him).

As for Huff I was told a 3rd or 4th could land him and the same price could possibly land Bush.

Finally, the Packers talked to Browns about Joe Thomas. The price for Thomas is to high and he won’t be moved from what I was told.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts