So What?

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've read a few posts on our loss to the buckanears and the blaming of EVERYONE from Sherman, Favre to the Referees and the concessioneers...

The question I have is, so what?

Games over, Packers played the best game of this season and LOST by a missed extra point.

The fumble DID indeed change the outcome of the game. In the NFL, MANY contests are decided by one key play, one key mistake or one major blown call.

So life goes on. After this week, the Yucs fans go on to rooting for Chucky and the losingest franchise in the NFL history and we go on to root for the most storied.

I'd say we are about at the same point we were in at the beginning of last year.

If the Packers come back from this start and make playoffs, won't we ALL be shocked? NO because we did it already... Last year.

I think they will rebound from this loss and win the rest of 'em...

Some of you should try sitting up here with me in the clouds with optimism and a smile... Life doesn't look half bad...

By the way, Congratulations Bucs fans... your team is what now 181-460-5 lifetime?

Bucfan219

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
By the way, Congratulations Bucs fans... your team is what now 181-460-5 lifetime?

Thanks! And congratulations on getting the number of victories right.

I guess that's why the Packers have the most knowledgeable fans in the NFL.
;)

Wish us luck in getting #182 against the Lions.

LambeauLeaper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm GUESSING Obi was intentionally exaggerating, but that would indeed make him and the REST of the Packer fan base unknowledgable. :roll:

Of course, 181-279 is WAY better. I don't even dislike the Bucs or their fans, but then again I don't go into their fan forums and take jabs at their fans. Let me guess, you didn't peruse Packer forums during the 13-3 and 12-4 seasons of the past several years, did you?

OP
OP
O

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LambeauLeaper said:
I'm GUESSING Obi was intentionally exaggerating, but that would indeed make him and the REST of the Packer fan base unknowledgable. :roll:

Of course, 181-279 is WAY better. I don't even dislike the Bucs or their fans, but then again I don't go into their fan forums and take jabs at their fans. Let me guess, you didn't peruse Packer forums during the 13-3 and 12-4 seasons of the past several years, did you?

Right on ALL acounts LL.

Bucs hold the lowest winning percentage in the history of the NFL... THUS my claim that they are the LOSINGEST franchise of ALL TIME!

ORRELSE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LambeauLeaper said:

I was jsut going to post somethign similar. Nice LL.

Bucfan, isn't it about time you go trolling on the Lions forums now? You got them next game, right? C-ya. :roll:

Bucfan219

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LambeauLeaper said:

I figured that he was probably exaggerating, so that's why I accentuated the positive (the accuracy of the win total).

Of course, 181-279 is WAY better.

It's more accurate, anyway.
:)
Just be glad that the Packers never had to endure the expansion framework that the Seahawks and Bucs had to endure. No free agency in those days, and no extra draft picks.
McKay produced a miracle getting us to the NFC championship in '79.
After that, the cheapskate owner guaranteed us perpetual futility until the Glazers took over the team.

I don't even dislike the Bucs or their fans, but then again I don't go into their fan forums and take jabs at their fans.

The winking smiley doesn't count for anything with you, eh? It was a good-natured jab, IMO--and even if it wasn't good-natured, we can probably agree that the OP probably didn't bring up the Bucs overall franchise record (with the hyperbolic emphasis on losses and ties) in order to make friends and influence people.
How about we have a rule where you can't dish it out if you can't take it?

Let me guess, you didn't peruse Packer forums during the 13-3 and 12-4 seasons of the past several years, did you?

Raiderfans.net is the only forum for another team that I bother to visit during a season when the Bucs don't play that team. It's an active board, and the fans are pretty good if you can get past their profanity and mildly obscene selection of smileys.
Other than that, I usually try to visit the other team's bulletin board (if the Bucs play that team during the season). Their record doesn't matter, and the outcome of the game doesn't matter. Either way, I offer my opinions.
That's what these forums are supposed to be about, right?

Bucfan219

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ORRELSE said:
I was jsut going to post somethign similar. Nice LL.

Bucfan, isn't it about time you go trolling on the Lions forums now? You got them next game, right? C-ya. :roll:

Uh, right.
Don't want Buc fans commenting when you bash the team's overall record after they beat you at Lambeau, eh?
And that comment about the Bucs' overall record probably wasn't even sour grapes!

Your guy was the troll.
He still hasn't wished us luck against the Lions.

OP
OP
O

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Troll is one who goes on the opposing team's site only to try and ERK their fans...

Which defines you, Bucfan219 And Philtration perfectly.

Notice Miskito isn't on that list? He, Vikefan and a few others tend to be nmkore respectful and have legitimate football and Packer related posts.

YOU don't. You are here to FLAME.

I know it's tough rooting for the LOSINGEST franchise in the NFL history.

Bucfan219

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
Troll is one who goes on the opposing team's site only to try and ERK their fans...

Excellent. Using that definition, you have made it absolutely impossible for a Green Bay fan to be a troll on this board.

I strongly suspect that you haven't been reading my posts.

Notice Miskito isn't on that list? He, Vikefan and a few others tend to be nmkore respectful and have legitimate football and Packer related posts.

How do I go about respecting the exaggerated presentation of the Buccaneers all-time franchise record?

You don't know what a flame is, AFAICT. I'm here to represent my team. No smack, no trolling, just my observations as good as I can make 'em.

It's tough for frontrunner fans. Not for true fans.
Some of the best GB fans I've ever met suffered with me through the "Battle of the Bays" games when neither team was having much success.

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 - Nice call and good job. I would put this game behind you guys and concentrate on the next game. There are still 13 games left and it is anybody's division. Even at 0-3 you are only two games back 8-8 could win this division. You would only have to go 8-5 to win this division, that is doable!!

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:
I've read a few posts on our loss to the buckanears and the blaming of EVERYONE from Sherman, Favre to the Referees and the concessioneers...

The question I have is, so what?

Games over, Packers played the best game of this season and LOST by a missed extra point.

The fumble DID indeed change the outcome of the game. In the NFL, MANY contests are decided by one key play, one key mistake or one major blown call.

So life goes on. After this week, the Yucs fans go on to rooting for Chucky and the losingest franchise in the NFL history and we go on to root for the most storied.

I'd say we are about at the same point we were in at the beginning of last year.

If the Packers come back from this start and make playoffs, won't we ALL be shocked? NO because we did it already... Last year.

I think they will rebound from this loss and win the rest of 'em...

Some of you should try sitting up here with me in the clouds with optimism and a smile... Life doesn't look half bad...

That is thinking upbeat Obi. We need it. Thanks.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bucsfan,
I for one wish the Bucs goodluck against the Lions.
Even though the Lions are from Michigan and their coach is a Yooper like myself, I don't ever want to see them win.
I wish any team that plays the Lions, Vikings or Bears good luck unless of course the game has any determining factor regarding the Packers making the playoffs.

Bucfan219

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yooperfan said:
Bucsfan,
Even though the Lions are from Michigan and their coach is a Yooper like myself, I don't ever want to see them win.
I wish any team that plays the Lions, Vikings or Bears good luck unless of course the game has any determining factor regarding the Packers making the playoffs.

Thanks!
Likewise, I hope the Packers beat the Falcons and the Panthers.

I'll make up my mind about the Saints later. Not only are they eternal underdogs, but they're also a sentimental favorite because of their hurricane-related problems.

I had to look up "yooper".

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obi1 said:

Another typical Obi1annbe post.
I will put my comments and knowledge of the game up against yours any day of the week.
You basically disappear for a week and then come running out of the woodwork like a giant cockroach to bash everyone else and predict that the Packers will win the rest of their games. 16-0 then it was 15-1, 14-2, 13-3. You have yet to make a single comment that is not whining about others or puffing up your chest about the Packers history.
You say that Miskito and Vikefan are respectful? What the hell would you know about being respectful? There is no one on this board that spends more time throwing out personal attacks and insults while bashing other teams and their fans than you do.
With all of the topics that have been brought up in the last three weeks, you have been virtually invisible. Then a Bucs or Vikings fan posts a comment and here comes hurricane d**khead to save the day!
If you are going to be a load mouth who wants to shout down everyone else, then at least make an effort to educate yourself on the subject at hand.
:crazy:

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bucfan219 said:
yooperfan said:
Bucsfan,

Thanks!
Likewise, I hope the Packers beat the Falcons and the Panthers.

I'll make up my mind about the Saints later. Not only are they eternal underdogs, but they're also a sentimental favorite because of their hurricane-related problems.

I had to look up "yooper".

Nice comment at the end - and even though we've had a few twists and turns, I'd say it's worthwhile to see other fans from other teams dropping by here at this Forum.... I'd say the last posting by 219 was spot on... and worth the effort of typing it up. He's proving to NOT be a troller - if everyone remembers... even Vikeman was accused of being a troller at first... and then later on we clarified a couple of points of contention about his stance, as well...

I got no beef with PHIL and I've seen Msikito around on other Forums, as well - both are pretty good at the football 101 and above knowledge base.

WHile I may step up and rile a few phrases due to the heat of the moment - which all are prone to with their fandom - the one thing I've enjoyed here... is the moderation of the postings. You guys go hang out at the CBSsportsline boards for a few months and then come back here.... Also remember, the Lions Forum board was just shut down and then remember why.... We haven't had to have anyone banned since Steel/Chase was let go... and who knows, maybe he's already back under another psuedonym... not that I really care, it's just the atmosphere (here) is about football and not personalities (for the most part) and I'd like it to stay that way.. which so far, it has been successful in that.

I'd llike to see Bucfan219 add his name to the Inside the NFL group... We already have around 12-15 guys here who are doing that.. (I went 11-3 last week :twisted: )

Good job guys - all around....

OP
OP
O

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's the matter Phillie,

Truth hurt?
Don't you just hate it when you are exposed as the troll that you really are?

what whining? Find me a post where I am whining.

I strictly counter the flaming that YOU and other trolls like you do.

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't think Phil is/was a troll. He keeps the smack in the smack area and the football in the football forums. With the exception of the first post on this page, he's been a decent opposing team fan to my knowledge. Right up there with our couple vikes fans and the couple bucs fans we aquired over the last week or so. (As well as big3 for the lions).

:shrug:

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being a Raidaahhh Fan, and the reputation that goes with being a Raider fan.... I wish to thank you all for not including me in this visiting Troller thread.

This is a great forum.

I enjoy Phil a great deal on this forum, as well OB1 makes some thought provoking posts which is all I seek when I log on. I would bet that if the both of you just sat down and had a beer together you would both be come good friends.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
RP..

What the hell is wrong with the Raidaaahs?

I mean Collins seems like a good QB, if a little tentative at times...they have Moss..and Lamont Jordan from the Jets....

Why can't they win a game?

Is it Norv Turner? Collins? the Defense?

Members online

Latest posts