Simple Question about the next 5 years..

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Simple question..

Would you sacrafice the financial future of this team over the next 5 years in order to win 2 more SB's during that span?

I figure we have 5 more solid years of AR and the run is over. So, not that it will ever happen, but would it be worth it to all of you as fans?

I'm not sure I understand your question the way it is worded. If you mean that our financial future is screwed for the next 5 years to guarantee 2 more SB wins then I say YES YES YES. After 5 years we fix it and go back to being perennial contenders again. If you are saying that over the course of 5 years we spend money foolishly and win 2 more Super Bowls but after 5 years we enter cap hell that might take years and years to recover from meaning that for the foreseeable future after that the Packers would be mediocre at best I say no. Still, a decade of badness (assuming we could recover in that time frame) might be worth 2 guaranteed championships in the next 5 years.

I suspect you mean the latter and in that case I agree with everyone else.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe its just me but saying we only have 5 more years of Rodgers being capable of bringing home a SB is just utterly wrong to me. With Rodgers greatest strengths imo being his accuracy and brains coupled with the fact that NFL referees treat star QBs like theyre wearing red jerseys on sundays he'll probably be capable of winning it all when hes 38-40.

So no I wouldnt mortage the future. Manage the cap continue to build around him n then MAYBE 7 years from now when Rodgers is in his last year or so u go all in ala Peyton n the Broncos but Rodgers right now has a lot more football in him then he's being givin credit for

OP
OP
Ace

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Whomever are the powers at be go on ahead and close this one up. I'll take the blame for it, apparently I wasn't able to express what I was going for well enough here. Need not waste any more time on this one, sorry I'll try and bring it a little better next time.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why risk financial bust when we already are in the discussion year in and year out? Shoot, we "should" have been in the SB this year, without injuries possibly both of the last two years some would argue. I think there is nothing more you can expect out of an organization.....whether it be spending a ton or not......fielding a team worthy of being labeled a true contender is all you can ask for.

Bignutz

I'm a victim of coicumstances!
Reaction score
Simple question..

Would you sacrafice the financial future of this team over the next 5 years in order to win 2 more SB's during that span?

I figure we have 5 more solid years of AR and the run is over. So, not that it will ever happen, but would it be worth it to all of you as fans?

No and I dont think we have to.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts