signed UDFA's!!!

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
One of my favorite post draft things to watch......who are the Packers going after?

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
few fatties out there yet *i think*
haven't been watching 7th... but guys like antuwan woods, and niles lawrence-stample, and d j reader... big D-line slugs
scooby if he last through the 7th would be a fun one
lasco get picked yet?
maybe a guard
will be fun to see

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Eric Striker and Scooby Wright are both still available.

I can't believe either are still there and its almost done. I would be fine with bringing them both in. But I do expect them both to be gone by the end. Vikings will take Wright.

Punter a definite must....2 even. I wanted Riley Dixon, but Denver grabbed him :(

Running Backs

Guards

1 QB

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any punters out there?
I would love Scooby if he falls
Another rb would be good too

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eh, there goes Lasco from my list. Really shoulda waited til draft was over to make a UDFA list :D

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Eh, there goes Lasco from my list. Really shoulda waited til draft was over to make a UDFA list :D

We have an unlimited source of paper in here :D

Fun to start thinking early.

I would have liked to have had that 7th to secure one of the top 5 punters. Now it's a wait and see who is left and who wants to play in GB.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
So if you are TT right now and you see someone you really like still on the board, who/what future pick do you trade to get back in there to make sure he isn't drafted and you don't have to compete to sign him?

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have an unlimited source of paper in here :D

Fun to start thinking early.

I would have liked to have had that 7th to secure one of the top 5 punters. Now it's a wait and see who is left and who wants to play in GB.

Need to find one of those old-school barefoot punters that wants to play here. He'd be a legend punting barefoot in snow.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Scooby grabbed by the Browns. I think if I was a player at this point in the draft, I would almost rather go undrafted and have some options as to what team I wanted to try and make.

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Maybe releasing a "faked" twitter feed video of you smoking a bong while wearing a gas mask, would assure your Free agency? :coffee:

A-RODGE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I kind of wish they would have drafted that top punter in the 5th round. He would probably have a bigger impact on this team than anything we could find that late in the draft. Masthay is really bad and an upgrade there would have been great. We need to get a better punter...

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder what it looks like as a UDFA... the process of being courted by teams. So people just call you and say "hey, we want you to play for us, interested?" and then they have to respond or say they'll get back to them? Just seems like it would be a really weird process to be a part of.

A-RODGE

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder what it looks like as a UDFA... the process of being courted by teams. So people just call you and say "hey, we want you to play for us, interested?" and then they have to respond or say they'll get back to them? Just seems like it would be a really weird process to be a part of.

Well I would imagine it is pretty similar to normal free agency. What is so weird about that?

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score

Probably a lot like a ultra sped up college recruiting experience. A good agent would have a list of teams that their client would probably be best suited to make the team.

Personally, I would much rather be an UDFA, then get picked late, by a team that didn't suit my abilities or one where I would be stuck so deep on the depth chart, I didn't have a chance.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would imagine that pre draft visits and workouts and who teams and players built a relationship with most always plays a large role in undrafted FA's. The ball gets rolling quickly though. We'll be seeing players signed throughout the night and into tomorrow.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well I would imagine it is pretty similar to normal free agency. What is so weird about that?

Yes and no. There's no big money in this, so I would think there are a lot more bidders or more varied bidders at least. As a UDFA, you're not looking for the best contract offer, you're weighing where you want to go, so I feel like teams would have to be more creative in trying to attract UDFAs.

Like... "Hmmm, let me get back to you. I want to see if somewhere closer to California calls..."

Members online

Latest posts