signed UDFA's!!!

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's up with the 400lb te from Baylor he get drafted? Lol bring him in also bring in Mitch Mathews the 6"6 receiver

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Stave is a Viking. Why would anyone even bring him to camp?
Camp Arm?

Other Former Badgers landing spots:

Alex Erickson: Cincinnati Bengals
Darius Hillary: Cincinnati Bengals
Austin Traylor: Dallas Cowboys
Tyler Marz: Tennessee Titans

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
The Beniquez Brown signing reminds me a bit of when we landed an UDFA from Alabama, Linebacker Adrian Hubbard. A guy that had been hyped some and I thought was going to be a steal and a future starter. He turned out to be nothing. Hopefully, Brown is able to do more then Hubbard did.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Beniquez Brown signing reminds me a bit of when we landed an UDFA from Alabama, Linebacker Adrian Hubbard. A guy that had been hyped some and I thought was going to be a steal and a future starter. He turned out to be nothing. Hopefully, Brown is able to do more then Hubbard did.

...or virtually any other UDFA. They're fun to watch and hope for, but other than Shields, who has turned into anything special? Seems the Pack has had LBs and WRs year after year that seem to be the next big thing, replaced the next year by the next big thing. I'm sure we'll see the same angst when these guys get cut as we will when the practice squad is announced, but, again (and, admittedly, off the top of my head), if there had never been UDFAs or a practice squad, how much different would the team have been?

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
...or virtually any other UDFA. They're fun to watch and hope for, but other than Shields, who has turned into anything special? Seems the Pack has had LBs and WRs year after year that seem to be the next big thing, replaced the next year by the next big thing. I'm sure we'll see the same angst when these guys get cut as we will when the practice squad is announced, but, again (and, admittedly, off the top of my head), if there had never been UDFAs or a practice squad, how much different would the team have been?

Agreed and some can stand out more then others as perceived bonuses.

As far as what value UDFA's and the PS squad provides a team, I think it depends on the team, the personnel and some luck (good and bad). Not going to chase down stats, but both have provided the Packers with some benefit through the years. There is a ton of talent out there and money to employ it. A high number of these guys may never play in a game, but what they provide a team at practice and upside potential is hard to measure. Personally, with as long and gruelling as a season is and the new concussion protocol, I would prefer Rosters to be expanded to 55-60 and a little more protection of a teams PS players. Teams invest in PS players and it would be nice to see some type of compensation from the team that cherry picks a guy off your PS.

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  • Kentrell Brice, S, Louisiana Tech
    • 5'11 and 200. 4.44 40yrd, 42 vert.
    • I watched the game VS Oklahoma.... he was injured throughout the game but came back
    • Shows toughness. Coverage is ify.
    • Im not sure he will make the team.
    • You must be logged in to see this image or video!
  • Manoa Pikula, LB, BYU
    • 6'0 and 234 lbs. 4.57, bench 24, 36.5 vert.
    • Watched the game vs UCLA. Not as fast as his 4.57 would suggest. Even though benched 24 times, he looks slow with average strength. a bunch of arm tackles.
    • Will need to show he can cover and is coachable to make the team.
  • Joe Callahan, QB, Wesley College
    • 6'1 and 216. 4.98 , 33 vert. 4.7 in shuttle, 7.47 in 3cone
    • Couldnt watch a full game film only highlight so take with grain of salt.
    • Needs work on feet movement, I compared his feet to Goffs and joe's was atrocious.
    • Highlight tape showed he can make the big boy throws down field.
    • Could make QB depth or put on Practice Squad
  • Beniquez Brown, ILB, Mississippi State
    • 6'0 and 229lbs. 4.69, 31 vert. 18 bench,
    • Game vs Arkansas, couldnt disengage on blocks. Hunter Henry pwned him on many routes. average pass skill. Looked super slow/fatigued at end of each quarter. For a good laugh, skip to 1:57 min mark ... what kind of run is that? LOL.
  • Don Jackson, RB, Nevada
    • 5'10 and 205. 4.5, 38 vert.
    • Eh.
  • Tyler Kuder, DL, Idaho State
    • 6'3 ,307. 5.2, 28 vert. 31 bench.
    • Couldnt find film.
  • Makinton Dorleant, CB, Northern Illinois
    • 5 feet 10½ inches and 183 pounds. ran a 4.4, 39 vert.
    • visit to green bay with Coach Whitt solidified the chocie.
    • Looks like he could make the team for special teams skills.
  • David Grinnage, TE, N.C State
    • 6'5 , 248. 4.8
    • the slow 4.8 shows on film, even in "highlight" tape.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what names jump out at any of you from these UDFA's? The easy choices are Brown, Pikula and Brice.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
  • Beniquez Brown, ILB, Mississippi State
    • 6'0 and 229lbs. 4.69, 31 vert. 18 bench,
    • Game vs Arkansas, couldnt disengage on blocks. Hunter Henry pwned him on many routes. average pass skill. Looked super slow/fatigued at end of each quarter. For a good laugh, skip to 1:57 min mark ... what kind of run is that? LOL.

I watched that video yesterday and was like "what the heck...?" He runs like a little kid chasing a balloon floating just over his head.

Members online

Latest posts