Sick of certain Packers tweeting

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You may notice that certain Packers have much more skill on their smartphone than they actually do on the field. It's particularly aggravating to me, as a fan who has put money into the stock while these guys get their big paychecks. I'm okay with you if you're quiet and you're just a role player - you have nothing to brag about. I'm okay with you if you talk a lot and actually put up on the field - not many who do that. But I'm sick of wannabes like Crabtree who spend their lives 24/7 on the phone, spouting off their political views and insulting fans, while doing nothing on the field.

Can you name one quality play Crabtree has made, outside of his TD vs. the Eagles in the playoffs? He was invisible last year. Yet this guy makes outlandish comments on Twitter for the sole purpose of offending people, then he has the audacity to berate Packers fans who disagree with him.

Crabtree needs to take a lesson from Aaron Rodgers, who posted exactly 0 tweets during the 2010 and 2011 seasons, and put up brilliant performances on a weekly basis. Crabtree is pretty much useless as a player, especially with all the tight ends the Packers have. But he's even more insufferable on Twitter. Seriously, he probably wouldn't make the roster of half the teams in the league. So why is he so arrogant and so abusive to fans?

He's the type of guy we need rid of. I'd like to see someone in Packers management monitor the behavior of Packers players on the Internet. There's class guys like Jennings and Driver, and then there's guys like Crabtree. And if he's treating his fans like garbage, while putting up a whopping 1 catch every five games, what's the point of keeping him on the team?

This is not even sour grapes from a fan who's been mistreated by Crabtree; I've been annoyed with him for a while, and seeing his behavior toward fans today was just ridiculous. You want to be a politician? Quit football and go into politics. Don't waste the fans' time being a jerk to them while not producing on the field.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
You may notice that certain Packers have much more skill on their smartphone than they actually do on the field. It's particularly aggravating to me, as a fan who has put money into the stock while these guys get their big paychecks. I'm okay with you if you're quiet and you're just a role player - you have nothing to brag about. I'm okay with you if you talk a lot and actually put up on the field - not many who do that. But I'm sick of wannabes like Crabtree who spend their lives 24/7 on the phone, spouting off their political views and insulting fans, while doing nothing on the field.

Can you name one quality play Crabtree has made, outside of his TD vs. the Eagles in the playoffs? He was invisible last year. Yet this guy makes outlandish comments on Twitter for the sole purpose of offending people, then he has the audacity to berate Packers fans who disagree with him.

Crabtree needs to take a lesson from Aaron Rodgers, who posted exactly 0 tweets during the 2010 and 2011 seasons, and put up brilliant performances on a weekly basis. Crabtree is pretty much useless as a player, especially with all the tight ends the Packers have. But he's even more insufferable on Twitter. Seriously, he probably wouldn't make the roster of half the teams in the league. So why is he so arrogant and so abusive to fans?

He's the type of guy we need rid of. I'd like to see someone in Packers management monitor the behavior of Packers players on the Internet. There's class guys like Jennings and Driver, and then there's guys like Crabtree. And if he's treating his fans like garbage, while putting up a whopping 1 catch every five games, what's the point of keeping him on the team?

This is not even sour grapes from a fan who's been mistreated by Crabtree; I've been annoyed with him for a while, and seeing his behavior toward fans today was just ridiculous. You want to be a politician? Quit football and go into politics. Don't waste the fans' time being a jerk to them while not producing on the field.
I don't follow twitter so he can tweet like a canary as far as I care. Unless the press makes a deal out of it, I never know what was said anyways. I certainly don't get my political viewpoints from an athlete or any other entertainer.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Technically a back up TE will have the same amount of FREE time than a MVP q/b does?? And since he does have the same amount of free time, he isnt allowed to go on tweeter?

And how is he abusive?

What if that is his personality and you just dont like him?

I know 1st hand how he treats fans, so for him to be abusive makes no sense?

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
I think that the MVP QB has less free time, he is wanted more for media attention, while yes technically the time is the same, there is more demand for an MVP than a back up TE. Players are humans, don't forget that, and while we fans may cheer for them, they do have personalities that are not always focused on football..

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just don't follow them. Why does someone else's views bother you? I could understand if he personally said something about you or something that wasn't true but why let it get under your skin?

On a somewhat related note I follow Aaron Rodgers on twitter and thought he looked like an absolute MORON for tweeting about Ryan Braun being "exonerated". Dude got off on a technicality I don't care what anyone says. I understand Rodgers and Braun are friends but I thought he sounded stupid. Yet, I didn't make a thread about it, no reason to let this stuff get under your skin so easily.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ok, so I think I am following this right but I'm sometimes confused at who is writing and who is being replied to. From what I gather Crabtree is calling Kirk Cameron a *********....which is awesome because Kirk Cameron is. If I am reading this right then I like Crabtree even more off the field than I do on the field and I like him on the field quite a bit for his specific role.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score
I think that the MVP QB has less free time, he is wanted more for media attention, while yes technically the time is the same, there is more demand for an MVP than a back up TE. Players are humans, don't forget that, and while we fans may cheer for them, they do have personalities that are not always focused on football..
And that's the beauty of twitter. You get the opportunity to see the player for who they are. No facade. Make your own call. You either like them as an individual or you don't.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

My point was missed..He was saying Rodgers doesnt tweet..

I pointed out that Rodgers would have less time, and more responsibility then a back up TE

So if the back up has more free time, one could conclude he would have time to tweet or other things??

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just don't follow them. Why does someone else's views bother you? I could understand if he personally said something about you or something that wasn't true but why let it get under your skin?

On a somewhat related note I follow Aaron Rodgers on twitter and thought he looked like an absolute MORON for tweeting about Ryan Braun being "exonerated". Dude got off on a technicality I don't care what anyone says. I understand Rodgers and Braun are friends but I thought he sounded stupid. Yet, I didn't make a thread about it, no reason to let this stuff get under your skin so easily.
"No, but you just did make a post about it," writes Captain Obvious. ;)

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And that's the beauty of twitter. You get the opportunity to see the player for who they are. No facade. Make your own call. You either like them as an individual or you don't.
I'm not a player (Big surprise. Right?) but during this recent season most of my tweets would be "Just posted again on Packerforum.com" like every 5-10 minutes.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I don't 'tweet' because I personally think that having your "device" in your hand at all time just to exchange inane blurbs is completely and utterly mindless. Many apologies to anyone of that generation (my son included) who feels a need to have their self-worth validated by "followers" and the like... but hey, folks??... you look like dopes. (No extra charge for the snarky commentary). To me, this is no different than those who walk around with earpieces stuck in place, listening to their music, or the kids who feel the need to share the thumping music in their cars ... etc.. et al... mind you, I'm not saying that any of the above offends me or irritates me or anything similar ... just a guy who doesn't miss much, making a casual personal observation. I don't miss much BECAUSE I don't partake in the stuff named above. If YOU choose to, I'm OK with that (actually, I'm indifferent ;) ) ... tweet away...

In summation, this guy has nothing to say that I need to hear and I could not possibly be less interested in his, or any professional athlete's gurgling noises.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know where this thread is coming from. I've followed Tom for a while now and he's very fan friendly, one of the more fan friendly players on the team. He's always doing giveaways, had a "Spend the day with Tom" contest last year and responds to quite a few tweets from fans.

But he also has a bit of an off-color sense of humor, which may rub some of the more easily offended the wrong way. Regardless it's just as easy to un-follow them as it is to follow them. It's what I did with Nick Barnett and Finley last year and what you should do with Crabtree this year if you don't like it.

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
God forbid that all players don't eat, breath and **** professional football all year. Who cares if he wants to share his political viewpoints or maybe aspects of his personal life?

I'm not for having a Chad Ochocinco on our team, but it seems that some fans want this organization and it's players to be run like the army or something. Don't speak unless spoken to, fall in line and be a sheep. Ridiculous.

OP stop whining.

BTW, twitter is for girls anway. Do you really have nothing better to do than follow a famous person on twitter to read about how they feel at a given time, what they just ate, what color their poop is? Really get a life

gwh11

Cheesehead
Reaction score
God forbid that all players don't eat, breath and **** professional football all year. Who cares if he wants to share his political viewpoints or maybe aspects of his personal life?

I'm not for having a Chad Ochocinco on our team, but it seems that some fans want this organization and it's players to be run like the army or something. Don't speak unless spoken to, fall in line and be a sheep. Ridiculous.

OP stop whining.

BTW, twitter is for girls anway. Do you really have nothing better to do than follow a famous person on twitter to read about how they feel at a given time, what they just ate, what color their poop is? Really get a life
Twitter is for girls? You mean girls like B.J. Raji (rajifreezer90 on Twitter), Kevin Greene (sackmaster91), or Jerry Kramer (JerryKramer64GB)?

Reaction score

Wow.. I guess you didn't know that Rodgers and Crabtree are best friends.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
As long as he doesn't Tweet during the game and violate the NFL's rules in the process, I have no problem with him. I don't have a problem with his Tweets or FB posts while I'm at it. I'm not sure where this is coming from to be honest. As for Rodgers not Tweeting during the season, that's a decision he made and holds to as much as it's caused by a lack of time. As I read it, you seem to me as if you want to see Crabtree traded, but I think when you are to the point of criticizing Twitter activity, you are grasping at straws. To address the point of trading him directly, I don't think he should be traded at all. He's a backup, so we don't see much of him to begin with. But Lord will we need him if something happens to Finley. Cut the guy some slack and as others have wisely suggested in this thread, unfollow. If it bothers you that much that you had to go and make a thread of it on here, I would expect you to of already unfollowed him.

CarolinaPackerFan

Packers fan in Panthers country
Reaction score
I don't like our players getting into religious or political debates, but he's entitled to his opinion, just as we are. It's freedom of speech; If you don't like what he has to say, you don't have to follow him.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts