SI KING: The Pack & Our Playmakers

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.bratsandbeer.com/posts/2007/11/601

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/11/04/mmqb/8.html

Sports Illustrated columnist Peter King has been duly criticized over the years for his Favreian hero worship that borders on a man crush threatening to erupt into a declaration....But today’s Monday Morning Quarterback column proves that King knows a few Packer names that do not involve the initials BF. He took notice of the job that Al Harris is doing, saying about #31 “if I could pick four cornerbacks to start a football team with, I’d pick Harris as one of them. He’s the kind of physical and clingy corner every team needs.” King also posed the question, “Can anyone block Aaron Kampman? Anyone?”

And finally he says of our one healthy starting tight end, “If Donald Lee doesn’t make the Pro Bowl as one of the three NFC tight ends, the voters — public, players and coaches — don’t know what they’re doing. He’s strong, fast and sure-handed.” Speaking of, balloting is now open at NFL.com. Vote early and often for your favorite Green Bay players.

:pop: :agree: :yeah: :mug: :joy:

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
good article....he really likes donald lee....lol but i dont know about pro bowl and im a packer fan

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was looking at stats yesterday, and as far as I can tell Donald Lee is second among NFC tight ends in receiving yards. He's a distant second to Jason Whitten, who is having a phenomenal year.

Jeremy Shockey and Chris Cooley are better known and score more TD's, so they may beat out Lee for the #2 and #3 spots on the Pro Bowl team, but Lee at least deserves to be in the discussion if he continues to play well.

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cooley, Shockey and Witten will beat him out regardless of what DLee dose this year. Its gonna be an even bigger crime than last year when D'Angelo Hall got in ahead of C-Wood and Harris. :(

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cooley, Shockey and Witten will beat him out regardless of what DLee dose this year. Its gonna be an even bigger crime than last year when D'Angelo Hall got in ahead of C-Wood and Harris. :(

im still disgusted that c-wood didnt make it last year

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think by the end of the year, no one will be able to say Packers Playmakers without including the name Gregorious Jennings.

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think for sure with the record we have either c-wood or al harris goes pro bowl.....i expect c wood hes got 2 defensive touchdowns and is playin solid

Members online

Latest posts