1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Should the Packers think about signing Jim Leonhard?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by captainWIMM, Jul 23, 2012.

1. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,598
    I know Ted Thompson is reluctant to sign free agents that make more than the league minimum, but taking a look at the Packers safety depth chart I wonder if Jim Leonhard would be a nice pickup to bolster the position. According to reports he´s ready to work out for teams and probably won´t re-sign with the Jets. What do you think about the Packers going after him?

2. HyponGrey

HyponGrey Caseus Locutus Est

Ratings:
    +1,030
    I think we already have a thread for this and the consensus is that he gets hurt too much

3. captainWIMM

captainWIMM Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +6,598
    I´m sorry, didn´t realize there´s already a thread about that topic.

4. CheeseHead87

CheeseHead87 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +28
    No worries! Yeah, I think we all came to the conclusion that he'd only be worth the risk if he was signed to a very cheap contract.

5. milani

milani Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +72
    Most safeties get hurt or banged up. Think of Collins, Bigby, Burnett, Anthony Smith. Only Darren Sharper seemed to avoid injury and that was because he rarely hit anyone. Even LeRoy Butler suffered a career ending injury.

Leonhard might be an addition for special teams but can he play defense is the question.