SHOULD Packers Sign Albert Haynesworth

Southpaw

Endorphin Junkie
Reaction score
Just kidding.

Alberto is a bum. But a talented bum. He could help our dilapidated pass rush, but he's a jerk. So chances of this happening are pretty low.

And now that Zombo is out again (injured his hamstring against the Chargers) and Neal having to "strengthen his leg" he could still be out a few more weeks.

Sigh. I miss Jenkins.

Discuss

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
I didn't believe it.

No freaking way. The guy is a turd. I was stunned that the Pats even signed him in the first place.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hes a fat lazy defensive tackle that has lost his burning desire to play Football.

Let him go chill on his couch and scarf down triple meat cheeseburgers all day.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I missed Jenkins alot less after watching the pathetic effort of the Eagles D-line Monday night. He did absolutely nothing at all that game.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I missed Jenkins alot less after watching the pathetic effort of the Eagles D-line Monday night. He did absolutely nothing at all that game.

True. Just when I began to think it was a mistake to let Jenkins go, he has a game like that which justifies my earlier belief that losing him was ok. But that wasn't the only game this year where he was a non-factor for them. They are getting much more production out of Cole.

I should qualify that before someone starts waving stats around. Cole is like Matthews, he's the big pressure man who takes up a lot of attention from the opposing team's offense. He missed two games, yet his stat line is comparable to Jenkins. One guy was handling Jenkins most of the night the other night.

Incubes12

Bay Harbor Butcher?
Reaction score
That's because that team has no fire, it has no identity. Jenkins actually had something to fight for when he was in Green Bay. It really makes a difference in productivity, whether you're talented or not (just look at some of the no-names who produced for us last year).

SanDiegoCheese

West Coast Cheesehead
Reaction score
Should we sign Albert?

Sure, if the Packers sponsoring an eating contest.
Then and ONLY then, I wouldn't mind seeing Al sporting green and gold. :poop:

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just once I would like to go a day where we DON'T see a thread asking if the Packers should sign some big name free agent that just got cut. Just once.

I know it's a moot point now since Tampa Bay took him, but the answer to the OP is HELL NO. Not in a million years should we ever consider signing that two-bit ***-clown. He's a loser. He's pathetic. I don't care if our whole defensive line is put on IR, he should never be considered in Green Bay.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Just once I would like to go a day where we DON'T see a thread asking if the Packers should sign some big name free agent that just got cut. Just once.

I know it's a moot point now since Tampa Bay took him, but the answer to the OP is HELL NO. Not in a million years should we ever consider signing that two-bit ***-clown. He's a loser. He's pathetic. I don't care if our whole defensive line is put on IR, he should never be considered in Green Bay.

I'm sure Ted would have picked up anyone worth more than who we have if he thought they were that good. I looked over all the remaining floating free agents and couldn't see a blessed one which would help anywhere the Packers need it. The Packers actually are a pretty good squad. It will all come together soon. You'll see.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure Ted would have picked up anyone worth more than who we have if he thought they were that good. I looked over all the remaining floating free agents and couldn't see a blessed one which would help anywhere the Packers need it. The Packers actually are a pretty good squad. It will all come together soon. You'll see.

Oh, I have no doubt about it. I re-watched the game this past weekend and chalk up the close score to giving the Chargers a very short field on two occasions- The botched 4th down conversion and the botched on-side kick. Both of those plays led to the Chargers getting TD's.

I did see some blown coverages, but the players have acknowledged they need to communicate better. I have no doubt they will solve those issues and get us back on track.

Members online

Latest posts