Shockey released by the Saints, the vet TE we need?

BrettStarr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tempting from a talent standpoint, but I've never liked his attitude, which I will admit did improve in NOLA. I think they can use the money they'd spend on him to fill other needs. Good luck to him wherever he lands.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finley
Quarless (both these guys are young and need playing time, obviously Finley is a superstar)

Crabtree - very solid Twitter-poster
Havner - scores TDs and is versatile

I like Shockey and he could be like a Keith Jackson addition to Mark Chmura. But he's a south Beach guy, wouldn't enjoy the village that is Green Bay. Cross him off.

Crazy Packers Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you kidding? Of all positions, TE and QB are the ones we need the least. We have a stud in Finley, a solid blocker in Crabtree, lots of potential in Quarless and even Havner. The last thing we need is a troublemaker like Shockey. TT would never sign him.

I guess every time a player gets cut, we've got to have a thread on how he would be the perfect fit for the Packers.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Negative. He's a good player but to be honest, for us, he's not worth the money it would cost to bring him here and keep him. There are other players on the current roster who deserve the spot and money far more. He's a bit wild too, I don't mind that as much, he's not as bad as T.O. or even Chad (whatever the hell his last name is now), but I just don't think we need him here at this time. I wish him luck wherever he goes. He's got two SB rings, one with the Giants and the other with the Saints... but still, I'm not feelin it for the Pack.

Reaction score
No. To be honest, I wouldn't be surprised if we sign almost no free agents and trade away some draft picks for future picks. We have to cut around 15 people that were on the Super Bowl team just to get down to the player maximum. Anyways, you know that you have a good TE rotation when the TE that seems like that will get cut is Donald Lee. Quarless is going to be a stud a lot like Finely is for us now. Also Crabtree is a reliable run/pass blocker and great in the red zone.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Negative. He's a good player but to be honest, for us, he's not worth the money it would cost to bring him here and keep him. There are other players on the current roster who deserve the spot and money far more. He's a bit wild too, I don't mind that as much, he's not as bad as T.O. or even Chad (whatever the hell his last name is now), but I just don't think we need him here at this time. I wish him luck wherever he goes. He's got two SB rings, one with the Giants and the other with the Saints... but still, I'm not feelin it for the Pack.

It might cost us absolutely nothing if other teams feel the way we do about him.

anyways.... no. no way, jose.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Seriously, are we really gonna do this "Hey, this guy got cut, should we sign him?" crap all season long?

Please, folks, I beg you to take a moment before posting and think first.

RE: Shockey- Eff no. The Giants cut him because guy has an attitude problem, and if he were still an asset, NO would have kept him.

Plus we have Finley coming back and Quarless and Crabtree will be in year two of their development.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
It might cost us absolutely nothing if other teams feel the way we do about him.

anyways.... no. no way, jose.

That's really not a good thing, LOL!

Dude is notorious for blasting the coaches too. Anyone remember him and Coughlin (sp?) when he was with the Giants? That was funny, unless you were a Giants fan. I can't imagine him getting here and tangling with M.M. or T.T. Plus, our guys won't stand for that. How long do you think it would take for someone to stuff him in his own locker and leave him there all game long?

We would of done better signing Moss.

But really, can we seriously entertain the possibility of the Pack signing Shockey? Maybe as a distant hypothetical, but I don't think there is a snowballs chance in hell of the fleeting thought even crossing T.T.s mind.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am just worried for this team; that divas are gonna pop up left and right. This whole twitter nonsense is really uncharacteristic of our team, and I hope it isn't foreshadowing events to come.

This was, btw, in response to Shockey and his attitude.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get the fans' love affair with wanting to bring in every veteran that gets cut. First it was Bob Sanders and now Jeremy Shockey. Need we be reminded we just won the friggin Super Bowl WITHOUT any of those guys? With very few exceptions, there just aren't any veteran free agents who can actually help us and would be an upgrade, especially when you have talent the caliber of Jermichael Finley returning.

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am just worried for this team; that divas are gonna pop up left and right. This whole twitter nonsense is really uncharacteristic of our team, and I hope it isn't foreshadowing events to come.

This was, btw, in response to Shockey and his attitude.

Barnett and Finley are the two divas on this team. James Jones too, to a lesser extent. Barnett won't be with us next season, and hopefully that will send a message to Finley to shut his hole.

Pack Daddy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Fudge no, Shockey is a huge *****. Id rather keep Donald Lee, or bring back Bubba Franks in his old age then see that jerk on our team

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are you kidding? Of all positions, TE and QB are the ones we need the least. We have a stud in Finley, a solid blocker in Crabtree, lots of potential in Quarless and even Havner. The last thing we need is a troublemaker like Shockey. TT would never sign him.

I guess every time a player gets cut, we've got to have a thread on how he would be the perfect fit for the Packers.

I don't get the fans' love affair with wanting to bring in every veteran that gets cut. First it was Bob Sanders and now Jeremy Shockey. Need we be reminded we just won the friggin Super Bowl WITHOUT any of those guys? With very few exceptions, there just aren't any veteran free agents who can actually help us and would be an upgrade, especially when you have talent the caliber of Jermichael Finley returning.

I agree with you guys that we don't need him and we don't always need threads on "So-and-so gets cut. Should GB take him?"

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
He was released for being such a disappointment this year. Shockey had a career low in receptions and yards. Next on the list they'll be cutting Sharper and Reggie Bush for barely doing anything last year.

I don't think we really need him, but I do think the Saints just gave up on him. There's no way you can have the same season stats back to back, that's something Sean Payton don't understand. But I would not be shocked if they cut him the same way they did Scott Fujita but keep Reggie Bush to make as much money as Brees to only gain one yard every rushing attempt and fumble the ball and drop passes.

2411t

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He was released for being such a disappointment this year. Shockey had a career low in receptions and yards. Next on the list they'll be cutting Sharper and Reggie Bush for barely doing anything last year.

I don't think we really need him, but I do think the Saints just gave up on him. There's no way you can have the same season stats back to back, that's something Sean Payton don't understand. But I would not be shocked if they cut him the same way they did Scott Fujita but keep Reggie Bush to make as much money as Brees to only gain one yard every rushing attempt and fumble the ball and drop passes.

Reggie Bush... whatta bust. Remember the NFC playoff game against AZ? I thought he found the light... but what a let down. I think his greatest accomplishments is having a highlight real for getting hit hard.

YouTube - reggie bush got hit hard

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Reggie Bush... whatta bust. Remember the NFC playoff game against AZ? I thought he found the light... but what a let down. I think his greatest accomplishments is having a highlight real for getting hit hard.

YouTube - reggie bush got hit hard

The reason he exploded in that playoff game is because they were threatening to cut him before that game by what I heard. May not be true, but not a big coincidence considering he has done nothing since then.

Reggie Bush's moment to shine was in that playoff game vs Seattle, but along with failing to have another 100 yard rushing game (as I don't remember him ever having) they just depended on Brees 100% of the game as he had to throw the ball 60 times and rack up 3/4's of their yards with his arm.

OP
OP
OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like this topic should be closed as the tribe has voted a resounding NO!

Besides, with Quarless at TE, we probably have enough tattoo's at the position already.

Members online

Latest posts