serious question from rival fan

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Any word if this is Favre's last season? Just wondering if there will be another soap opera like last year or if he has already said one way or another. thanks.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
First, where's the rival fan? Lions fans are not rivals, my lord they haven't been good in nearly a century!! lol

According to Mike and Ted and Brett the decision will be made this month.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After Sunday night's game, Favre said he will announce his decision within the next couple weeks. I doubt whether it will happen that quickly, but the point is that it probably will be much quicker than last year. The coach has asked him to make the decision sooner. From what Favre said Sunday night, and the way he said it, it sounds like he is leaning toward retirement, but he has not yet made his final decision.

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why, are the Lions hoping/wishing for a new QB? Not gonna happen! :)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
serious question but yet calls it a soap opera?

and I am guessing the guy knows how to do a search online, or watch espn highlights
:p

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suppose it's tough for Lions fans to understand how a player could be so torn up over the idea of leaving his team, when Barry Sanders couldn't wait to get out.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
be nice people, big3 is a decent guy. besides, do Lions fans need any MORE aggravation?

well its gonna be like 5 months till we can rip into lions and vikes fans again, so we're getting it in now.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
be nice people, big3 is a decent guy. besides, do Lions fans need any MORE aggravation?

well its gonna be like 5 months till we can rip into lions and vikes fans again, so we're getting it in now.

i wonder if mineral will ever show his face here again. i'm going with no.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:

I don't think I have ever ripped into a Lions fan! I feel the same sort of empathy for them as I have for fans of the Cleveland Browns. The only time I get mad at the Lions is when the league forces us into the Litter Box on Thanksgiving.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
I try not to rip into Lions fans. I give'em a rib'n here an there. I always felt bad for the Lions. They had the greatest runner in NFL history, Barry Sanders and the front office couldn't do crap to get players on the team to succeed.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why, are the Lions hoping/wishing for a new QB? Not gonna happen! :)
And even if we do get another one(which i hope to god Favre doesnt retire!!!!!!) A-rod will give the Lions hell just as Brett :)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I try not to rip into Lions fans. I give'em a rib'n here an there. I always felt bad for the Lions. They had the greatest runner in NFL history, Barry Sanders and the front office couldn't do crap to get players on the team to succeed.

Funny Zero, you also think Sanders was the best runner in NFL history.

I liked Barry Sanders. I'm still bummed we got Tony Mandarich over Sanders. I've never recovered from that.

Big3 - He said within 2 weeks, he'll let us know.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:

Funny Zero, you also think Sanders was the best runner in NFL history.

I liked Barry Sanders. I'm still bummed we got Tony Mandarich over Sanders. I've never recovered from that.

Big3 - He said within 2 weeks, he'll let us know.

I'd go with Barry Sanders as the best runner over anyone. He wasn't the best RB. He didn't block the best or catch out of the backfield too well. When it came to pure running and vision, I think he was the best.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think by the end of this month we will know. I think he will stay for at least one more year. (Hope i'm right!)
Now.....with the running back thing.......Jim Brown was the best of HIS time, i think Sanders was the best of HIS time. Its really had to compare, cause the players were so much different then to now. A 300 pound lineman was almost unheard of in the 1960's. Now, almost ALL are 300 or more. I always wonder how Brown would have done against todays defenses, and Sanders back then.

vegOmatic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The truth is we already know if Brett is going to retire or not. But we can't tell you since it's a secret.

OP
OP
B

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
thanks for the info on favre. sounds like Kitna is the lion's man next year.

OP
OP
B

big3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:

You've got AT LEAST the last six years to have material for making fun of the lion's. You don't think that is going to get you through the offseason? LOL

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts