1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Seems to be official LAVAR wont be a Packer..

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Chamuko, Apr 21, 2006.

1. Chamuko

Chamuko Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  2. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    good. Ive always been against the Lavar move(you can look at my posts if you suspect double talk)

This would mean we're probably getting Hawk, in my opinion.

Good job, Ted.

3. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Either read the articles you post before you post them or think a little bit before you jump to conclusions and blast "Lord Ted Tightwad". Give him a freakin' break. He can't control everything.

4. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    but Bretts indecision isnt affecting free Agency!

im not blasting brett, but the facts are becoming more clear, his indecision is affecting the team.

i wish he could take all the time he wanted without affecting the team, but he has been and continues to affect free agency.

5. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Oh yeah, it's some sportswriter saying it MAY have effected the team but it MAY have been TT was to much of a tightwad.

I don't care about Arrington, either way. I will reserve comment until I see how much the Giants gave him.

6. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    If the Packers were never in the running it would have been because TT was being a tightwad. We were in the running though, so he obviously made a serious attempt to sign him.

7. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Hey douches reread it. In Silverstein's opinion it says it "might" have affected his decision. I notice you didn't mention that he has always stated that he wanted to stay in the East.

8. pyledriver80

pyledriver80 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

I know, but to these guys opinions are worth more than what the people involved actually say, you know, thats never true.

9. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Even though the name calling is uncalled for, he is right.

10. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I'm pretty sure I'm not blaming Brett for this. I just quoted the paragraph that stated that we were in the running until the end.

My point is that TT made a serious offer, and for reasons that TT can't control Lavar signed with another team.

I guess I can see why you would think that I was blaming Brett, but I wasn't.

11. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    My bad with the douche remark Apologies to Tromadz and ahaug. I'm moving too fast from smack to non-smack.

12. DakotaT

DakotaT Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Good point DePack! What's funny is that every time one of these clowns uses the Packers for leverage, we all jump each other and call Uncle Ted a tightwad. Who exactly this year didn't we get that we wanted. We wanted: Kampman, Pickett and Manuel. We got Taylor dirt cheap and we have Brady Popp rehabing like a madman.

I think we have the makings of a young D pissing fire. Our D-line looks stellar, if they figure out how to make up for KGB's run stuffing liability. If we add Hawk or another good linebacker in the draft, I don't think Arrington will even be thought about again.

13. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    I don't blame TT or Brett. I don't think he ever intended to play here.

I have a feeling the Postans are doing the same thing with Woodson.

14. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's ridiculous to blame either one of them for this. It irritates me that when someone doesn't get signed it immediately turns into a TT-blasting fiesta, especially when he made a legitimate effort to sign the guy.

15. JeezusJuice

JeezusJuice Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Close the other two threads made FIVE hours earlier for this one... oooooookay[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

16. DePack

DePack Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Careful Jeezus. Don't question mods.

17. JeezusJuice

JeezusJuice Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I know....

18. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    wow, you guys are unbearable.

19. JeezusJuice

JeezusJuice Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
  20. ahaug82

ahaug82 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Wow, thanks for the 800 emoticons. My computer was stuck for 5 minutes because of that. We don't all have supercomputers you know. :roll:

21. JeezusJuice

JeezusJuice Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    My bad, brah. I deleted half of them. Lost the effect, though. [​IMG]

22. Zero2Cool

Zero2Cool I own a website

Ratings:
    +8
    Didn't care about time. Was going with the one that I felt had the most current update on the topic at hand. If I was wrong, I apologize.

LaVar will be a Packer.

23. porky88

porky88 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    LaVar signed a 7 year deal worth up to 49 Mil and 11 mil up front. That's too much for him. GB put an offer but there was no way LaVar would of turned down that kinda money to play for the Pack. Stinks we didn't get him but on the other hand Kinda glad we didn't overpay for him.

24. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    A frontloaded contract like that? yeah how could he resist.

But damn TT for not getting him..or something.

25. musccy

musccy Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    agreed porky...too much $$$ , but as Trom alluded to, I'm sure tt will be unnecessarily blasted for this move (or lack there of).