Schefter Says We May Move Up In the World

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
Adam Schefter's Twitter said:
Packers, Eagles have expressed interest in trading up to 10-12 range. But it could depend on how board falls. Good prospects everywhere.
C.J. Spiller. Please God, C.J. Spiller.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to the "experts" this is a deep draft, so I would expect TT to trade down for additional picks. As long as he gets another pass rusher to complement Matthews, whatever he does is fine with me. If we don't put more pressure on opposing QBs you can forget about going much further in the playoffs.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would be the happiest guy in Wisconsin if we have CJ Spiller on our team come Friday morning.. Ohh the thought of it...

Chances are though, if TT is going to trade up, he would probally be moving up to snag one of those Tackles..

OP
OP
Jess

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I would be the happiest guy in Wisconsin if we have CJ Spiller on our team come Friday morning.. Ohh the thought of it...

Chances are though, if TT is going to trade up, he would probally be moving up to snag one of those Tackles..
Rolando McClain was an idea thrown around on the radio today. Along with Joe Haden. Either of those ideas makes me happy, but I love C.J. Spiller. More than a guy should love another guy. :lol:

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rolando McClain was an idea thrown around on the radio today. Along with Joe Haden. Either of those ideas makes me happy, but I love C.J. Spiller. More than a guy should love another guy. :lol:

I don't blame you, I have a bit of a man crush on Spiller as well. But I also would be cool with McClain (Beast) or Joe Haden.. but if we were thinking about going corner, we could almost wait to see if Kyle Wilson falls to us... Many say he's better than Haden.. I'm up in the air on that one however

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers Want To Jump Up In Draft? | Cheesehead TV

Franklin Hillside said:
If you think I’m going to tune in before :15 are left on the clock for Patriots, you’re wrong Schefter.
Dead wrong.

Fine, I’ll watch the late teens…well, maybe just from pick 10 on, but no earlier…

OKAY! Jeez, Adam, you win, I’ll tune in for the whole damn night. Are you happy now?!?!

You’re a sneaky bastard, Schefter.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would think they would move up only for a tackle, as every other position you can find depth in this draft, tackle though gets a little dry past the top 12 teams.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If we move up..........its going to be a O-Tackle or.....OLB. My opinion anyhow. 2 areas that are desperatly needed the most. Not that we can't pick up some other guys in later rounds to help out in other areas. We can get a crackhead to sign up to replace Jarrett Bush for the price of a six pack of old style and quarter pounder w/ cheese! (sorry guys....just had to say it) lol

y5nthon5a1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
***** @ Turbo. But I'd have to agree on either an OT or OLB.

We get a top-notch OT and hopefully he progresses to be a starter after Clifton.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey... What about a "Jarrett Bush Thread" on the smack area? I know it's funny as hell to take cheap shots at him, but what about all in one place???

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe that this is all a hoax to get viewership up. They know that TT never really does anything on the first day meaning a lot of people won't tune in on Thursday. In an attempt to get ratings up they'll supply us with a rumor that TT will trade up toward pick #10. The whole point of the new draft format is to get their ratings up. But really, do they think that we're that stupid not to notice? Ok maybe this would've worked on Vikings fans....

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I believe that this is all a hoax to get viewership up. They know that TT never really does anything on the first day meaning a lot of people won't tune in on Thursday. In an attempt to get ratings up they'll supply us with a rumor that TT will trade up toward pick #10. The whole point of the new draft format is to get their ratings up. But really, do they think that we're that stupid not to notice? Ok maybe this would've worked on Vikings fans....

You speak the truth. If TT was willing to trade as many picks and players it will cost to get up to the 10th spot, he would have done something in free agency.

I believe a few players will fall to the 23 spot and the fact that Tebow may have a team or two interested in moving up to get him, means the Packer's phone will be ringing for a trade.

lancer84

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would think they would move up only for a tackle, as every other position you can find depth in this draft, tackle though gets a little dry past the top 12 teams.

I'd hope so... C.J. Spiller would be amazing.. but honestly I think Grant would have a hell of a year if we'd have a great o-line. C.J. Spiller wont be anything without a good line...imo, hes not Barry.

I sure as hell hope we do this w/o losing someone good.... Raiders trading up for 1st and 3 or 4th round picks sounds great.

lol ^^^ probably, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it is just a hoax...

A1MEANGREEN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i like the way you think i couldnt agree more but i guess anything can happen just dont see it & you hit the nail on the head when it comes to the queens :to_keep_order:

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see the Packers moving up in the first round, but I can also see the Packers trading for an additional pick in the 2nd round as well, keeping their 23rd over all pick.

Players I think the Packers have to this are Colledge and AJ Hawk. Both are starters over the years and may be better with a change of scenery and a new system.

Hawk with this years 4th round pick may get the Pack an additional 2nd round pick. At this point after we see who has dropped to the second round I may be in favor of trading both Colledge/Hawk for an additional high 2nd round pick.

Other players to Package the deal may be Bush,Poppinga and D. Lee. or even Havner.

Another player that I feel might be there because he is in his last year with his contract is Cullen Jenkins. Not sure if we can keep both Jolly and Jenkins so a decision has to be made, why not deal him now while we can get something for him. With the signing of Pickett, this is even more likely because Raji can play both positions. I would have to believe that Jenkins would rather play a DE position in a 4-3.

turbo69

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see the Packers moving up in the first round, but I can also see the Packers trading for an additional pick in the 2nd round as well, keeping their 23rd over all pick.

Players I think the Packers have to this are Colledge and AJ Hawk. Both are starters over the years and may be better with a change of scenery and a new system.

Hawk with this years 4th round pick may get the Pack an additional 2nd round pick. At this point after we see who has dropped to the second round I may be in favor of trading both Colledge/Hawk for an additional high 2nd round pick.

Other players to Package the deal may be Bush,Poppinga and D. Lee. or even Havner.

Another player that I feel might be there because he is in his last year with his contract is Cullen Jenkins. Not sure if we can keep both Jolly and Jenkins so a decision has to be made, why not deal him now while we can get something for him. With the signing of Pickett, this is even more likely because Raji can play both positions. I would have to believe that Jenkins would rather play a DE position in a 4-3.

Everyone seems to want to trade or get rid of Hawk. Although he has not met expectations, I think he is one of those guys that does the dirty work and also think loosing him right now is not a good idea. I am sure we could get something for Jenkins or Jolly. Although Jolly is having his personal issues in Houston, I would really hate to get rid of him and then have his charges dismissed a month later. Don't know if its just me but I seem to hear Jolly's name called more than Jenkins........and I'm not talking about penalties. Colledge on the other hand..........can go for a 3rd round pick for all I care.

I really don't think we will be moving up to the 10th or so pick. Ted Thompson pulled that Clay Matthews trade deep out of his ***. No one had a clue. I think its some sort of smoke screen.

Mack_20

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to keep Hawk around as well, I know he has not lived up to what we all expected out of him, but hopefully he can turn it around, he has glimpses every now and then that show us what we thought he could be, then he dissapears. Hopefully this season he shows us why we drafted him so early..

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dont get carried away!
CJ would be awesome BUT TT could just be doing his smoke n mirrors trick....
Given TT's track record AND this deep of a draft dont be suprised if we trade outta the 1st or 2nd rounds to get more picks.

But CJ would be GREAT....

DILLIGAFF

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to keep Hawk around as well, I know he has not lived up to what we all expected out of him, but hopefully he can turn it around, he has glimpses every now and then that show us what we thought he could be, then he dissapears. Hopefully this season he shows us why we drafted him so early..

I would agree with you if this was his 3rd year, but he is what he is in his 5th year. He just does not have the speed to play, and he just getting slower.

packers020802

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PS
as for Hawk.....
He isnt great but he gets the job done... kinda like Nick Barnett.

If I woulda known Ernie Sims was on the trade block I woulda tried make a deal... but now the Eagles got um

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PS
as for Hawk.....
He isnt great but he gets the job done... kinda like Nick Barnett.

If I woulda known Ernie Sims was on the trade block I woulda tried make a deal... but now the Eagles got um
My opinion, but...

Barnett is a complete player. He anchors the run, covers well (when he's healthy, Minn game vs. Shiancoe isn't example) and blitzes well.

Hawk holds blocks fairly well. But he's TERRIBLE in man coverage, and blitzing.

As far as Ernie Sims, he's just too small to play in the 3-4. All he's fit to do is play the Cover 2, really. He's very good at pass coverage and man coverage. But he's too small to play the run and to beat any blockers...

Who I'd like us to take a look is Keith Bulluck. I know he's old, and has only played the 4-3, but he seems like the ideal fit for a 3-4 ILB. He's strong, holds the point well, is instinctive to cover...

supermancc0386

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hawk is good enough to stay. He maybe hasn't lived up to the 5th overall status, but how many guys actually do? He's a good linebacker and getting rid of him without anything behind him is too risky.

But, what about looking at this from a different angle. What about a team looking to trade back? The Jaguars might be. They may not want to spend the money on a Top 10 pick and may want to take Tebow late in the first. They could be a likely trade partner if it all goes down and we may only have to give up a 2nd with the swap of 1sts. We could then move Colledge for a late 2nd or early 3rd and end up in pretty good shape.

Granted, the only way I would do this is if Berry or Williams falls. Anyone else that would likely be there wouldn't be worth two picks. Williams has a huge upside for a zone blocking team and Berry is arguably the best player in the draft (I would agree with this argument). I can't see either of them falling out of the top 10 though.

As for Spiller, I like him but there are plenty of guys close enough to him a little further down the board. I don't think you can justify using two picks for a #2 RB.

I don't remember who said it (I believe it was an NFL GM), but draft picks are extremely valuable every day of the year except for draft day. Then things get crazy and their value drops. I think that's mainly due to the fact you already know whats left. Before the draft, you're bidding for the chance to take a guy. At the first pick, you can pick anyone you want. During, you know who you are taking and you know who is already gone.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not a fan of hawk at all but I do think he needs to stay for the depth.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts