San Francisco wants to trade for Rodgers?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If “we” think Rogers has 3-4 more good years it was STUPID to draft Love.
Well that's the thing isn't it. To me it was looking like Rodgers was regressing. He was not throwing the ball really well two seasons ago, coming off injuries. Even ARod said he noticed and changed some things for this year that helped his throwing. Exactly why he has to discover it instead of the QB coach, I don't know.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stop.

Honestly here are the top picks (1st and 2nd Rounds) for Green Bay over the last 10 years: bold are first rounders.

Bryan Bulaga
Mike Neal
Derek Sherrod
Randall Cobb
Nick Perry
Jerel Worthy
Datone Jones
Eddie Lacy
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Davante Adams
Damarious Randall
Quinten Rollins
Kenny Clark
Jason Spriggs
Kevin King
Josh Jones
Jaire Alexander
Josh Jackson
Rashan Gary
Darnell Savage

Elgton Jenkins
Jordan Love
AJ Dillon

1st Rounders: I see 3 absolute HOME RUNS (Bulaga, Clark, Alexander), two trending to HOME RUNS (Gary, Savage), one solid (Perry), Two NFL worthy guys but not 1st rounders (Ha Ha/ Randall) and one guy that injury wrecked what appeared to be at minimum solid (Sherrod)....and alas one bust (Jones). Love is way too early to judge or guess.

2nd Rounders: I see again 3 absolute HOME RUNS (Cobb, Adams, Jenkins), one trending to be solid at worst HOME RUN at best (Dillon), two solid NFL guys (Lacy, Neal), one borderline solid (King), two NFL worthy guys but not 2nd rounders (Jackson and Worthy....maybe Jones for three). With Spriggs and Rollins as busts - Spriggs to his credit is still in the league.

Over 10 years, not sure you can realistically expect a better swing percentage on first two rounds.
Yeah I know they some useful players in there for sure but I wouldn’t trade rodgers hof qb for someone u have no clue about . I would trade Rodgers for Lawrence tho he is gonna be punishing I would take that risk I would also trade 10 first round picks right now for mahomes wouldn’t even think twice about it either.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's not fake news, it's obvious news...of course the 49ers want to trade for Rodgers, who wouldn't? The chiefs and maybe no other team.

I would not consider trading Rodgers until after the 2022 season. Gotta finally go all in with one of these future hall of fame qbs, they never did it with Favre and so far with Rodgers they haven't. Just imagine had the packers gotten Favre tandy moss for a 3rd or Rodgers marshawn lynch for a 3rd...

So for that reason, the dead cap reason, and because love probably won't be ready till then I wouldn't entertain the idea and I don't expect the Packers to either...

Of course this all hinges on love looking so good they have to give him the shot they gave Rodgers
Me and my friend were just talking about how absolutely STUPID they were for not doing that with both players Jeremy Thompson who was the packers 4th round pick they got instead of moss... cough cough saweeeeeett jermichael Finley was there 3rd rounder there comp pick was Josh Sitton in the 4th I believe they traded up for Thompson too.

Marshawn lynch year
They drafted 3rd round Alex green RB
And then davon house with the 4th...
DISGUSTING ugh makes me sick lol

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me and my friend were just talking about how absolutely STUPID they were for not doing that with both players Jeremy Thompson who was the packers 4th round pick they got instead of moss... cough cough saweeeeeett jermichael Finley was there 3rd rounder there comp pick was Josh Sitton in the 4th I believe they traded up for Thompson too.

Marshawn lynch year
They drafted 3rd round Alex green RB
And then davon house with the 4th...
DISGUSTING ugh makes me sick lol

Stop, you literally can play this "genius now" about a draft after it has passed with nearly every pick.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stop, you literally can play this "genius now" about a draft after it has passed with nearly every pick.

Except I certainly 100% thought they should of traded those picks for those guys well before the deals or the draft happened. They were the type of no brainer trades you just don't pass up. For the precise reason stated in your quote. You just never know about the draft really, moss and lynch you knew...

And I get the Packers still won the super bowl in the season they refused to offer above a 4th for Lynch even after a glowing recommendation from Rodgers due to their time together at cal. But I'm thinking they would of won more than that had they paired prime lynch with Rodgers just a hunch

D

Deleted member 6794

When Ted Thompson chose Aaron Rodgers, there were a lot of PackerBackers who were outraged.

I don't know how Jordan Love will turn out, but I can't blame Gute for taking the same gamble Thompson did.

The Packers found themselves in a way different situation in 2005 compared to last year though. Favre had already threatened to retire at that point and it was pretty obvious the team was headed towards a rebuild entering the season.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers found themselves in a way different situation in 2005 compared to last year though. Favre had already threatened to retire at that point and it was pretty obvious the team was headed towards a rebuild entering the season.

I never claimed the situations were identical. They were not entirely different either.

The worst time to draft a quarterback is when you're desperate to find one.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never claimed the situations were identical. They were not entirely different either.

The thing that makes them different is very significant. Every team that passed on Rodgers knew they were passing on a guy that many believed was going to go number 1 overall... This is not true for Jordan Love.

D

Deleted member 6794

While there might be some truth to it, last year's draft definitely wasn't a good time for the Packers to use their first round pick on a quarterback either.

Members online

Latest posts