San Francisco wants to trade for Rodgers?

Dblbogey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read an article that the 49ers have a strong interest in trading for Rodgers. Probably fake news but I was curious: What would it take in draft picks/players for you to consider trading Rodgers?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Hypothetically, if Stafford merited Goff, two 1st round picks, and a 3rd, I would say...

Brandon Aiyuk, three 1st round picks, and two 2nd round picks.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hypothetically, if Stafford merited Goff, two 1st round picks, and a 3rd, I would say...

Rodgers would wanna go there I think
Still don’t think Green Bay would trade him knowing they would win the Super Bowl. I tend to think it’s just click bait and have nothing to talk about since the season is over expect a lot of nonsense here on out.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Rodgers would wanna go there I think
Still don’t think Green Bay would trade him knowing they would win the Super Bowl. I tend to think it’s just click bait and have nothing to talk about since the season is over expect a lot of nonsense here on out.

They won't trade him.

But if we're talking hypotheticals, I think that haul I mentioned is probably what it would take.

Reaction score
The only players I would even consider trading Rodgers to get are Mahomes, and maybe(with an emphasis on maybe), Baker Mayfield and Deshaun Watson, and the only reason I would even consider it for the last two is that their careers are just getting started and they both have a long career ahead of them. Even going back over Rodger's career, the only person I would have traded him for would be Tom Brady. Of course none of those hypothetical trades would ever happen anyway.

Unless Rodgers just doesn't want to play in Greenbay anymore, trading him would have to be one of the dumbest moves in NFL history.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just because Rodgers mentions he was wondering about his future in GB (and this probably was concern about after 2 more years) we see rumors flying around like crazy. Of course most teams out there would love to get Rodgers even at his age today but Murphy, Gute and MLF have reiterated that Rodgers is our unquestioned QB and leader. I don't know what more they have to say publicly to douse this silly gossip.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wouldn’t be worth it tho.. I bet they hit on 3 players with those picks lol

Stop.

Honestly here are the top picks (1st and 2nd Rounds) for Green Bay over the last 10 years: bold are first rounders.

Bryan Bulaga
Mike Neal
Derek Sherrod
Randall Cobb
Nick Perry
Jerel Worthy
Datone Jones
Eddie Lacy
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Davante Adams
Damarious Randall
Quinten Rollins
Kenny Clark
Jason Spriggs
Kevin King
Josh Jones
Jaire Alexander
Josh Jackson
Rashan Gary
Darnell Savage

Elgton Jenkins
Jordan Love
AJ Dillon

1st Rounders: I see 3 absolute HOME RUNS (Bulaga, Clark, Alexander), two trending to HOME RUNS (Gary, Savage), one solid (Perry), Two NFL worthy guys but not 1st rounders (Ha Ha/ Randall) and one guy that injury wrecked what appeared to be at minimum solid (Sherrod)....and alas one bust (Jones). Love is way too early to judge or guess.

2nd Rounders: I see again 3 absolute HOME RUNS (Cobb, Adams, Jenkins), one trending to be solid at worst HOME RUN at best (Dillon), two solid NFL guys (Lacy, Neal), one borderline solid (King), two NFL worthy guys but not 2nd rounders (Jackson and Worthy....maybe Jones for three). With Spriggs and Rollins as busts - Spriggs to his credit is still in the league.

Over 10 years, not sure you can realistically expect a better swing percentage on first two rounds.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just read an article that the 49ers have a strong interest in trading for Rodgers. Probably fake news but I was curious: What would it take in draft picks/players for you to consider trading Rodgers?

It's not fake news, it's obvious news...of course the 49ers want to trade for Rodgers, who wouldn't? The chiefs and maybe no other team.

I would not consider trading Rodgers until after the 2022 season. Gotta finally go all in with one of these future hall of fame qbs, they never did it with Favre and so far with Rodgers they haven't. Just imagine had the packers gotten Favre tandy moss for a 3rd or Rodgers marshawn lynch for a 3rd...

So for that reason, the dead cap reason, and because love probably won't be ready till then I wouldn't entertain the idea and I don't expect the Packers to either...

Of course this all hinges on love looking so good they have to give him the shot they gave Rodgers

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stop.

Honestly here are the top picks (1st and 2nd Rounds) for Green Bay over the last 10 years: bold are first rounders.

Bryan Bulaga
Mike Neal
Derek Sherrod
Randall Cobb
Nick Perry
Jerel Worthy
Datone Jones
Eddie Lacy
Ha Ha Clinton-Dix
Davante Adams
Damarious Randall
Quinten Rollins
Kenny Clark
Jason Spriggs
Kevin King
Josh Jones
Jaire Alexander
Josh Jackson
Rashan Gary
Darnell Savage

Elgton Jenkins
Jordan Love
AJ Dillon

1st Rounders: I see 3 absolute HOME RUNS (Bulaga, Clark, Alexander), two trending to HOME RUNS (Gary, Savage), one solid (Perry), Two NFL worthy guys but not 1st rounders (Ha Ha/ Randall) and one guy that injury wrecked what appeared to be at minimum solid (Sherrod)....and alas one bust (Jones). Love is way too early to judge or guess.

2nd Rounders: I see again 3 absolute HOME RUNS (Cobb, Adams, Jenkins), one trending to be solid at worst HOME RUN at best (Dillon), two solid NFL guys (Lacy, Neal), one borderline solid (King), two NFL worthy guys but not 2nd rounders (Jackson and Worthy....maybe Jones for three). With Spriggs and Rollins as busts - Spriggs to his credit is still in the league.

Over 10 years, not sure you can realistically expect a better swing percentage on first two rounds.

Just going off gutes picks it's seems loves chances of success are pretty good.

Alexander and jenkins as you said are for sure home runs.

Savage and Gary as you said are well on their way.

And dillon sure looks like he could well be on that same trajectory.

The only guy who hasn't "panned" out thus far is Jackson. And for all we know he could end up staring in 2021 in place of the departed king and performing very well in a contract year. Starting for king because of injury this season, jackson looked the best he has so far...

That leaves love, and if 5 of 6 of gutes 1st and 2nd round picks look like real players so far...idk I'm thinking that's at the very least an encouraging sign that love could very well develop into number 3...

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stafford is 32, Rogers is 37. If I’m looking at Rogers I’m hoping for 2 more good years, probably not at 2020 level (especially with a new team/system were he to be traded) Without evaluating the cap hit, Rogers and Stafford probably have about a comparable value right now to a NEW team. If “we” think Rogers has 3-4 more good years it was STUPID to draft Love.

gatorpack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel Rodgers has at least 4 more good years. I wouldnt be surprise to see him win a couple more MVPs in this offense.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stafford is 32, Rogers is 37. If I’m looking at Rogers I’m hoping for 2 more good years, probably not at 2020 level (especially with a new team/system were he to be traded) Without evaluating the cap hit, Rogers and Stafford probably have about a comparable value right now to a NEW team. If “we” think Rogers has 3-4 more good years it was STUPID to draft Love.

yes, it was.

D

Deleted member 6794

The only players I would even consider trading Rodgers to get are Mahomes, and maybe(with an emphasis on maybe), Baker Mayfield and Deshaun Watson, and the only reason I would even consider it for the last two is that their careers are just getting started and they both have a long career ahead of them.

There's no way the Packers should entertain the idea of trading Rodgers for Mayfield. Not even hypothetically.

Just imagine had the packers gotten Favre tandy moss for a 3rd or Rodgers marshawn lynch for a 3rd...

Just for the record, the Packers won the Super Bowl in the year they didn't trade for Lynch.

JThe only guy who hasn't "panned" out thus far is Jackson. And for all we know he could end up staring in 2021 in place of the departed king and performing very well in a contract year. Starting for king because of injury this season, jackson looked the best he has so far...

Jackson didn't receive any snaps while being healthy for the majority of the games after week 10. I don't expect the Packers to plan with him moving forward.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see Jackson in any future plans. Like Capt. said, wasn't even active. If he had anything to show on the field he would have been on it.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'm sure they want to. People buying lottery tickets want to win the big prize.

I heard someone on the radio put it this way....When the Rams "Made a run" at Aaron Rodgers, he said he had once "made a run" at Jennifer Aniston.

Both were equally successful.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Of course after the 2019 season there were folks who said Rodgers best years were behind him...

I'm not saying Love will be our next great QB but I recall a lot of folks hated the #24 pick back in 2005. Gute saw a chance to get a QB they liked and took it. I would have preferred to stay at #30 and take Higgins but I'm not the GM.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course after the 2019 season there were folks who said Rodgers best years were behind him...

I'm not saying Love will be our next great QB but I recall a lot of folks hated the #24 pick back in 2005. Gute saw a chance to get a QB they liked and took it. I would have preferred to stay at #30 and take Higgins but I'm not the GM.

When Ted Thompson chose Aaron Rodgers, there were a lot of PackerBackers who were outraged.

I don't know how Jordan Love will turn out, but I can't blame Gute for taking the same gamble Thompson did.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When Ted Thompson chose Aaron Rodgers, there were a lot of PackerBackers who were outraged.

I don't know how Jordan Love will turn out, but I can't blame Gute for taking the same gamble Thompson did.

I must have been one of the few who were excited about the pick seeing Aaron was one of the favorites to be taken #1 overall. It is a mystery to me still why he fell like he did.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I must have been one of the few who were excited about the pick seeing Aaron was one of the favorites to be taken #1 overall. It is a mystery to me still why he fell like he did.

I am just glad he did.

Minnesota passed on him twice, and the Bears used the number four pick overall to take Cedric Benson.

It was a beautiful thing.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

I don’t think it’s a gamble if he is alone at the top of your board.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
The only players I would even consider trading Rodgers to get are Mahomes, and maybe(with an emphasis on maybe), Baker Mayfield and Deshaun Watson, and the only reason I would even consider it for the last two is that their careers are just getting started and they both have a long career ahead of them. Even going back over Rodger's career, the only person I would have traded him for would be Tom Brady. Of course none of those hypothetical trades would ever happen anyway.

Unless Rodgers just doesn't want to play in Greenbay anymore, trading him would have to be one of the dumbest moves in NFL history.
I would prefer that if Rodgers is traded, it be to an AFC team. I think after the 21 or 22 season is the most likely time for it to happen. I’d be surprised if Rodgers asked for a trade now. I just don’t believe he is unhappy in Green Bay.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

Woah!!!! That’s at or above Hadl and Walker fiasco territory! That would certainly tempt me. Glad I’m not the GM.

Members online

Latest posts