Same old Packers

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you cant get off the field more times then not on 3rd down and long you dont deserve to go to Superbowl. Its that simple.

the packer's d couldn't be a better example of what a poor defense does during a championship game.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know FF, the Falcons have a damn good team. I wouldn't call that blowing it. I will agree with you the first half mistakes dug us a hole too deep to crawl out of (I know I am contradicting myself here), but you have to give the Falcons their due as they played some excellent football. Too many injuries that put bad players in the game that shouldn't have been in the game.
I agree that we were outplayed.
Just tired of us losing playoff games no matter how it happens.

OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the packer's d couldn't be a better example of what a poor defense does during a championship game.
I don't get it how the same defense was better prepared and beat Dallas and not Atlanta.
I guess Atlanta just has a better offense than Dallas and us.

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't get it how the same defense was better prepared and beat Dallas and not Atlanta.

Not sure how much of a factor brice was during the dallas game but his game ending injury after the first damn play didn't help the secondary much in the Falcons game.

Ryan just took apart our secondary.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Bryce is an all pro but he has good range and speed and can deliver a hit. We had been using the three safety look with success at times but when he was held out after the first play, that was no longer an option. Couple that with losin Hyde in the first half and then Ryan In the second half, our D was on fumes. They barely had gas the way it was.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem I have with this Packer team is that they are good enough to make it to the playoffs but then they always get blown out by some massive failure, usuallly on defense.

2011 -- the Giants
2012 -- Kaepernick and the 9ers
2014 -- the unbelievable defensive collapse in Seattle
2017 -- getting literally run over by Atlanta.

These are not just defeats in which the Packers fought hard until the end, they were slaughters, humiliations, and the Packers' season ends on one almost every year.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers had a 21-3 lead vs Dallas late in the 2nd quarter. From that point until the mid-point of the 3rd quarter yesterday they were outscored 59-13.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I am at the point where if nothing changes then nothing changes. In fact if things stay the same maybe they wont be able to make a historic run next year to get in playoffs. The other teams in our division are getting better.

Ive been one of the more optimistic fans about all these guys. The sample size of playoff failure has simply become to big to look the other way considering they have what i believe the best QB in the NFL.

If Packer fans are happy with squeeking in playoffs every year and making exits with no rings then keep doing the same thing and so be it.

I am convinced with whats in place that we wont win another Super Bowl and if thats gonna be the case I would bet against it. Thats just how I feel.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am at the point where if nothing changes then nothing changes. In fact if things stay the same maybe they wont be able to make a historic run next year to get in playoffs. The other teams in our division are getting better.

Ive been one of the more optimistic fans about all these guys. The sample size of playoff failure has simply become to big to look the other way considering they have what i believe the best QB in the NFL.

If Packer fans are happy with squeeking in playoffs every year and making exits with no rings then keep doing the same thing and so be it.

I am convinced with whats in place that we wont win another Super Bowl and if thats gonna be the case I would bet against it. Thats just how I feel.
Yep, this defense has been bad for years, but nothing ever changes...they keep fielding the same players with the same Capers' run schemes and expecting better outcomes...ridiculous! I guess they just expect Rodgers and the offense to outscore the opponents no matter how much they score!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Yep, this defense has been bad for years, but nothing ever changes...they keep fielding the same players with the same Capers' run schemes and expecting better outcomes...ridiculous! I guess they just expect Rodgers and the offense to outscore the opponents no matter how much they score!

If these guys were getting these kind of results with lets say Brett Hundley I would be like wow there so amazing but thats not the case. The reality is there all still in the organization because of Aaron Rodgers and everyone gives them a pass becasue there afraid to take a step back. IT WONT BE A STEP BACK! How could the defense get any worse really?

Now they will draft some 5'10 corner that runs 4.5 and a defensive front player from the pac 12 and bring in a couple bargain free agents and do the same dam thing all over again. Sooooo exciting.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If by "Same old Packers" you mean making it to the NFCCG every year and having a chance to go to the Super Bowl, by all means sign me up.

No, I'm pretty sure he means the team that starts the year as a reasonable SB favorite, makes the playoffs, and exits in anything from a embarrassing to soul-crushing manner.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Of course Packer fans are not happy to squeak in and lose.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Packers defense struggled against the Cowboys starting late in the second quarter as well. The unit just lacks talent to compete with above average offenses.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If these guys were getting these kind of results with lets say Brett Hundley I would be like wow there so amazing but thats not the case. The reality is there all still in the organization because of Aaron Rodgers and everyone gives them a pass becasue there afraid to take a step back. IT WONT BE A STEP BACK! How could the defense get any worse really?

Now they will draft some 5'10 corner that runs 4.5 and a defensive front player from the pac 12 and bring in a couple bargain free agents and do the same dam thing all over again. Sooooo exciting.
You hit the nail on the head. That's exactly what we can expect.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have made the playoffs eight straight years ( 09-16). More than Favre, Montana, Young, Elway, Aikman, Marino did. Pretty remarkable right?

Here's the flip side: Rodgers has made the playoffs six ( 11-16) straight seasons. He is the first QB to make it six years consecutively without one of those trips being a SB berth.

Here is what I take from that: The Packers have the best QB in NFL, nevermind the North. When you play a 16 game schedule, there are going to be teams you beat becaue of (A): Said team is mediocer to bad. (B): You have Rodgers. When the playoffs arrive, you are going to play a good team regardless. They realize Rodgers will make plays. However, they likely have the personell to expose your weaknesses. Maybe even a D that can contain your HOF QB.

Basically I think Ted Thompson has made this team a legitimate NFC North Powerhouse year in and year out. I don't think he's set this team up to be a SB contender.

Are we the Browns, Jags, Jets? No. We can want a SB berth yearly. Should it be expected in a salary cap era? No. Should we expect no key players to ever get injured? No. Should we expect the front office to do everything possible to surround a HOF QB with the best cast possible to reach a SB? Yes. Have they done that? No.