Same old Packers

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Have a great or a good enough season to get us into playoffs.
Lose.
Repeat for the next decade or longer.

How else can I expect them to win when losing has been the norm the last few years?
A first round bye and all playoff games at Lambeau would be great.
Then I will feel like they got the best shot at the Super Bowl.
Until then and as long as they got the same ones in charge expect more playoff losses.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked this Packers team. Another year of strategically devastating injuries maybe. But this team is stacked.

This game is one of those games where all the little things go the other teams way.

CowboysFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay has made it to the playoffs every season since 2009 which I believe was Rodgers first full season as a starter.

For comparison sake Atlanta has made it four times, missed the postseason the other four times.

Dallas has only made it three times since then, missed five times.

Not saying you shouldn't be disappointed because like any team it's a missed opportunity.

I'm still really jealous of you guys because you've all seen a Super Bowl run somewhat recently. In 2010. My team hasn't won since 1996.

Just saying things could be worse.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Green Bay has made it to the playoffs every season since 2009 which I believe was Rodgers first full season as a starter.

For comparison sake Atlanta has made it four times, missed the postseason the other four times.

Not saying you shouldn't be disappointed because like any team it's a missed opportunity.

I'm still really jealous of you guys because you've all seen a Super Bowl run somewhat recently. In 2010. My team hasn't won since 1996.

Some think you should win the SB every year?

My thing is that to get there you need to be in the playoffs.. Then anything can happen..

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing? I think playoffs is winning..
This team was projected to make it to the SB this season was a loss in the same fashion as the past few years. Not making the play offs should be unacceptable. The defense is so bad that Aaron rodgers has to play a perfect game every game. Its crazy.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Forget Favre

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Yeah, at least we aren't Clowns fans. Right?

Still, I want my team to go and win it all. Not fall up short.
It's frustrating because each time it looks like this will be the time. And then it isn't. And now we have to wait for another full year only to be let down yet again (But hopefully not.)

CowboysFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Some think you should win the SB every year?

My thing is that to get there you need to be in the playoffs.. Then anything can happen..
Yep and after last week the Cowboys could be 16-0 and Green Bay could just squeak in at like 9-7 and I'll still be terrified of that team.

Think how far Rodgers took them with no run game and a decimated defense.

That should make any GB fan optimistic.

CowboysFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, at least we aren't Clowns fans. Right?

Still, I want my team to go and win it all. Not fall up short.
It's frustrating because each time it looks like this will be the time. And then it isn't. And now we have to wait for another full year only to be let down yet again (But hopefully not.)

Everyone wants their team to win it all.

Only one fan base gets to see that.

As a fan I think all you can do is support your team and hope for the best.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
I'm greedy I just want to make NFC championship games maybe every other year, I don't think we get back here or to a SB w/o some painful wheeling and dealing, (I apologize we don't do that).

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I am proud of this year's team. Tbis team had heart, guts and determination. Today's game bore that out more than the final score. I got a hat and t-shirt which is a helluva lot more than a lot of people here believed in in November. Great year.

Packer96

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not proud or happy, we have possibly the best QB in the league and year after year we surround him with inferior players and coaches. Our team is loaded with practice squad players. Clean House.

TomBrownFan40

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It a way, the macro packer problem is similar to the micro packer problem.
The macro packer problem is getting yourself in a position where you have to run the table. This team has got to start playing as well in September and October as it does in December and January.
The micro packer problem is getting yourself in a position where an early three and out or missed field goal puts you in a deep hole you cannot get out of because the D cannot even slow down the opposition. We cannot depend on hail marys every week.
My first wish for the 2017 season is a 1st round pick that steps right in and contributes right away. I'm getting a little irritated at all the accolades lauded on our undrafted free agents. A Joe Hadenish corner would be my first choice.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just frustrated at seeing our team blow it in the big games for the last few years.
I would expect a good number of other Packers fans to empathize or relate.

OK I'll give it a read.
I don't know FF, the Falcons have a damn good team. I wouldn't call that blowing it. I will agree with you the first half mistakes dug us a hole too deep to crawl out of (I know I am contradicting myself here), but you have to give the Falcons their due as they played some excellent football. Too many injuries that put bad players in the game that shouldn't have been in the game.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Losing? I think playoffs is winning..

Read jared cooks blog.. Yoy may see it differently

Certainly subjective, and if you're happy with making the playoffs, more power to you. For me, with AR, the playoffs should be a given, and WINNING in the playoffs is winning.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think there is something to this injury thing. I know all teams suffer injuries every year, but it's amazing how the Packers seem to end up with more decimating injuries than every other team, every year. I could see once in a while being just the luck of the draw, but the Packers are consistently the most banged up team in the league every year. I'm starting to wonder if this team is causing this to themselves with poor game prep and poor training routines. I think they need to take a long, hard look at WHY they end up with so many injuries EVERY year. I don't think it's just bad luck. This team, if healthy, can beat any team, but they can't be expected to march through the competition every year playing their 2nd and 3rd stringers...

D

Deleted member 6794

I think there is something to this injury thing. I know all teams suffer injuries every year, but it's amazing how the Packers seem to end up with more decimating injuries than every other team, every year. I could see once in a while being just the luck of the draw, but the Packers are consistently the most banged up team in the league every year. I'm starting to wonder if this team is causing this to themselves with poor game prep and poor training routines. I think they need to take a long, hard look at WHY they end up with so many injuries EVERY year. I don't think it's just bad luck. This team, if healthy, can beat any team, but they can't be expected to march through the competition every year playing their 2nd and 3rd stringers...

The numbers don´t support the impression that the Packers have been the most injured team in the league over the past few seasons.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The numbers don´t support the impression that the Packers have been the most injured team in the league over the past few seasons.

Maybe not, but you can't deny they have more than their fair share every year, and it absolutely impacts their ability to get to/through the play offs...I don't believe it happens just out of sheer bad luck...it happens way too often for that to be the case...

D

Deleted member 6794

Maybe not, but you can't deny they have more than their fair share every year, and it absolutely impacts their ability to get to/through the play offs...I don't believe it happens just out of sheer bad luck...it happens way too often for that to be the case...

I think that a lot of fans mostly following the Packers get the impression the team suffers a higher number of injuries than most other teams. As I´ve posted above the numbers don´t support that though.

Claymaker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In 2014 they hardly had any injuries. They were the best team and the coaching staff choked in the worst way possible, costing the team a SB championship. I honestly thought MM should have been fired after that debacle. You can't just give away championships like that.

This year they had injuries but if I'm not mistaken 10 out of the 11 starters on defense yesterday were week 1 starters, with Sam Shields being the one guy missing. Injuries obviously hurt the depth though.

I don't know how many playoff meltdowns the Packers can have on defense before they eventually identify and fix the problems. Their last 5 1st round picks have been defensive players and the defense continues to be awful. So it's either the guy picking the players or the guy picking the plays.

In their last 6 playoff losses the Packers have given up over 40 points 3 times and at least 37 points 4 times. By comparison, the most points a Brady/Patriots team has given up in a loss was 38 points in 2006 vs the Colts. In 33 playoff games the Pats D has given up 30 points only 3 times.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that a lot of fans mostly following the Packers get the impression the team suffers a higher number of injuries than most other teams. As I´ve posted above the numbers don´t support that though.
I think you're missing my point by focusing on whether they have the most or not...that's not my point...my point is, whether they have the most injuries every year, or just a lot of them, I think they have too many, and I don't think it's just by dumb luck....it happens far too often for it to be just coincidental...I think the team trainers are doing something wrong, or not doing something they should be doing and that is either causing them to have more injuries, or it's contributing to it...

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
If you cant get off the field more times then not on 3rd down and long you dont deserve to go to Superbowl. Its that simple.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts