1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Saints Fans Hoping Rodgers Gets Injured?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Mr. StyleZ, Sep 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bensalama21

Bensalama21 Ben

Ratings:
    +606
    Rodgers remarks didn't cause your fans to be rubbed the wrong way. They didn't know the full story and misinterpreted who he was making the comments to.

• Like Like x 1
  2. deuce4pres

deuce4pres Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Regardless, the "wishing injury" shouldnt have ever happened. I think you missed the pt.

3. Murgen

Murgen MechaPackzilla

Ratings:
    +584
    We all agree, wishing injury is bad. Those threads as far as I can tell have been deleted off their forum. Group hug Packers/Saints fans. Are we good? I'm good, You good? That's Good.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Lance Salazar

Lance Salazar LV Saints Fan

Ratings:
    +1
    I just joined this forum because I felt the need to post on this subject (Saintsreport member, and we have a link to this thread). 99% of people on our forum would never wish hurt on another player, and most of the negativity directed at Rodgers are posters that made a quick reaction to a comment that can be misconstrued an hour after a tough loss. All that aside, the OP really cherry picked that thread. Most of our posters are griping about our own problems. The Pack played a great game, and I'll be the first to say it. Good luck on the rest of your season, and hope we see each other in late Jan.

• Like Like x 1
  5. NME25

NME25 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Very few Saints fans actually would wish harm on another player. It's a small sample size and an inappropriate emotional response. You guys are right for being irritated.

I disagree with only one thing being said here and that's we have to understand where Rodgers is coming from. Rodgers has to communicate where he is coming from, or people will interpret it the way that they want.

Another thing. Brees was accused of organizing off season workouts for show only and other players and some media criticized him for that. Rodgers remarks can come off to Saints fans as mocking Brees's efforts, because Rodgers won without having "staged" workouts. I'm positive Rogers was not directing it at Brees, but indirectly, Brees becomes the target.

Either way, I'm not really that sensitive to that kind of stuff. My philosophy is if you want to shut the other team up, beat them. Packers played a great game. Saints made mistakes and couldn't come up with stops when we needed it. Packers were near flawless and I was impressed. Hope to see you guys in the playoffs.

• Like Like x 2
  6. bozz_2006

bozz_2006 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +645
    We'll be sure to bring our defense next time!

7. DevilDon

DevilDon Inclement Weather Fan

Ratings:
    +445
    I believe most of us understand it's only a few idiots who post the injury stuff but it still is pretty irritating.
    You can disagree on that Rodgers has to explain where he's coming from. No, he doesn't! His fans know that it's been a nagging question from reporters. His fans know he's sarcastic at times. The jab at the reporters doesn't have as much sting if he blatantly says it to them, it's razor sharp because he says it but not directly.
    Watch America's game, you see him talk about Clay being ridiculous with his hair and loving the camera. They are friends, he's taking a shot at Clay. I do it to the people I work with too.
    As for Brees being accused of organizing off season workouts for show... screw the media. I like Drew Brees and if he wants to have workouts for show or otherwise, it's his leadership that counts. Not what anybody else thinks of it. It's what the other players on his team think.
    Yes, I wish I could say I hope to see your team in the playoffs, I don't wish for anything of the sort. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened though. I'd rather our team play any other team in the NFC besides the Saints.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,427
    Lets look at this in a different light. I'm by no means justifying their actions but when you have haters and people wishing you injury, it's a sign that you've made it. It's a sign that you are playing so well that people notice you to begin with. When people stop hating on you, that's when you have to start to worry. I know this is an odd perspective, but think on it for a bit. It means you're primo.

As for those Saints fans, I think some of them are getting a bad rap. I will not judge every Saints fan by what I read on a forum. Most of the Saints fans who post on this forum are decent, honest fans that I would be proud to call friends. Just not when our teams line up opposite each other. All bets are off then.

9. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,014
    good to hear. And Im 99.9% sure that was directed at the media. Its not like the saints were saying they were better bc they had offseason workouts.

10. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +416
    What was ticking me off was how the media was setting up a Brees versus Rodgers competition and was really trying to make the two clash. Now I don't know if Rodgers and Brees consider themselves friends or what not, but I think certain parts of the media were hyping an issue that Rodgers got negative light in. Reminds me of the cancer patient last year, and Rodgers snarky comments are just his way of trying to shut up the critics.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ Banned Banned

Ratings:
    +376
    Can we lock this thing now? I think we've settled it. Both sides emotional after game.

I don't categorize an entire fan base by a few bad seeds... unless you're the Vikings (that's more of a worm filled apple).. sorta.

Much <3 for Saints fans.

12. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Really? Was there the necessity of saying he was a lawyer?

I mean, just hit me on the nads already... ;)

13. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +979
    Absolutely. Will do.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.