Saints Fans Hoping Rodgers Gets Injured?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Ive always been respectful on this board as a visitor, but some of Rodgers smug remarks after the game rubbed Saints fans wrong. Regarding offseason workouts mostly. STILL, being a Saintsreport.com member myself, it is embarrasing for one of our own to post that they wish harm or injury on any player. This is an isolated incident and I can assure you that our mods took care of it quickly.
Rodgers remarks didn't cause your fans to be rubbed the wrong way. They didn't know the full story and misinterpreted who he was making the comments to.

deuce4pres

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers remarks didn't cause your fans to be rubbed the wrong way. They didn't know the full story and misinterpreted who he was making the comments to.

Regardless, the "wishing injury" shouldnt have ever happened. I think you missed the pt.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
We all agree, wishing injury is bad. Those threads as far as I can tell have been deleted off their forum. Group hug Packers/Saints fans. Are we good? I'm good, You good? That's Good.

Lance Salazar

LV Saints Fan
Reaction score
I just joined this forum because I felt the need to post on this subject (Saintsreport member, and we have a link to this thread). 99% of people on our forum would never wish hurt on another player, and most of the negativity directed at Rodgers are posters that made a quick reaction to a comment that can be misconstrued an hour after a tough loss. All that aside, the OP really cherry picked that thread. Most of our posters are griping about our own problems. The Pack played a great game, and I'll be the first to say it. Good luck on the rest of your season, and hope we see each other in late Jan.

NME25

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very few Saints fans actually would wish harm on another player. It's a small sample size and an inappropriate emotional response. You guys are right for being irritated.

I disagree with only one thing being said here and that's we have to understand where Rodgers is coming from. Rodgers has to communicate where he is coming from, or people will interpret it the way that they want.

Another thing. Brees was accused of organizing off season workouts for show only and other players and some media criticized him for that. Rodgers remarks can come off to Saints fans as mocking Brees's efforts, because Rodgers won without having "staged" workouts. I'm positive Rogers was not directing it at Brees, but indirectly, Brees becomes the target.

Either way, I'm not really that sensitive to that kind of stuff. My philosophy is if you want to shut the other team up, beat them. Packers played a great game. Saints made mistakes and couldn't come up with stops when we needed it. Packers were near flawless and I was impressed. Hope to see you guys in the playoffs.

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
Very few Saints fans actually would wish harm on another player. It's a small sample size and an inappropriate emotional response. You guys are right for being irritated.

I disagree with only one thing being said here and that's we have to understand where Rodgers is coming from. Rodgers has to communicate where he is coming from, or people will interpret it the way that they want.

Another thing. Brees was accused of organizing off season workouts for show only and other players and some media criticized him for that. Rodgers remarks can come off to Saints fans as mocking Brees's efforts, because Rodgers won without having "staged" workouts. I'm positive Rogers was not directing it at Brees, but indirectly, Brees becomes the target.

Either way, I'm not really that sensitive to that kind of stuff. My philosophy is if you want to shut the other team up, beat them. Packers played a great game. Saints made mistakes and couldn't come up with stops when we needed it. Packers were near flawless and I was impressed. Hope to see you guys in the playoffs.
I believe most of us understand it's only a few idiots who post the injury stuff but it still is pretty irritating.
You can disagree on that Rodgers has to explain where he's coming from. No, he doesn't! His fans know that it's been a nagging question from reporters. His fans know he's sarcastic at times. The jab at the reporters doesn't have as much sting if he blatantly says it to them, it's razor sharp because he says it but not directly.
Watch America's game, you see him talk about Clay being ridiculous with his hair and loving the camera. They are friends, he's taking a shot at Clay. I do it to the people I work with too.
As for Brees being accused of organizing off season workouts for show... screw the media. I like Drew Brees and if he wants to have workouts for show or otherwise, it's his leadership that counts. Not what anybody else thinks of it. It's what the other players on his team think.
Yes, I wish I could say I hope to see your team in the playoffs, I don't wish for anything of the sort. I wouldn't be surprised if it happened though. I'd rather our team play any other team in the NFC besides the Saints.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lets look at this in a different light. I'm by no means justifying their actions but when you have haters and people wishing you injury, it's a sign that you've made it. It's a sign that you are playing so well that people notice you to begin with. When people stop hating on you, that's when you have to start to worry. I know this is an odd perspective, but think on it for a bit. It means you're primo.

As for those Saints fans, I think some of them are getting a bad rap. I will not judge every Saints fan by what I read on a forum. Most of the Saints fans who post on this forum are decent, honest fans that I would be proud to call friends. Just not when our teams line up opposite each other. All bets are off then.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive always been respectful on this board as a visitor, but some of Rodgers smug remarks after the game rubbed Saints fans wrong. Regarding offseason workouts mostly. STILL, being a Saintsreport.com member myself, it is embarrasing for one of our own to post that they wish harm or injury on any player. This is an isolated incident and I can assure you that our mods took care of it quickly.

good to hear. And Im 99.9% sure that was directed at the media. Its not like the saints were saying they were better bc they had offseason workouts.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
What was ticking me off was how the media was setting up a Brees versus Rodgers competition and was really trying to make the two clash. Now I don't know if Rodgers and Brees consider themselves friends or what not, but I think certain parts of the media were hyping an issue that Rodgers got negative light in. Reminds me of the cancer patient last year, and Rodgers snarky comments are just his way of trying to shut up the critics.

OP
OP
Mr. StyleZ

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Can we lock this thing now? I think we've settled it. Both sides emotional after game.

I don't categorize an entire fan base by a few bad seeds... unless you're the Vikings (that's more of a worm filled apple).. sorta.

Much <3 for Saints fans.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can we lock this thing now? I think we've settled it. Both sides emotional after game.

I don't categorize an entire fan base by a few bad seeds... unless you're the Vikings (that's more of a worm filled apple).. sorta.

Much <3 for Saints fans.
Absolutely. Will do.

Status
Not open for further replies.