1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Ryan Clark

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by NYPacker, Mar 7, 2010.

1. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Would've been great for TT to at least make a run at him but I don't see it happening. Mainly because he's currently visiting with the Dolphins and it's reported that they're close to getting a deal done.

2. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Yeah. This is a guy that should be getting interest. At least get him to visit!

3. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Looks like its too late. TT can pick the phone right now to make it happen but I doubt you can compete with someone like Bill Parcells when it comes to getting the right player.

4. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    But like I said in the other thread, Parcells don't have to worry about upsetting anyone in the locker room.

TT has to watch out for Woodson and Collins in the secondary...

5. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    Looks like this move isn't happening. Clark just agreed to a new deal with the steelers.

6. Ghost of Billy Mays

Ghost of Billy Mays Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +10
    Not that it matters now, but I read yesterday on USA Today that Clark said he did get interest from other teams, but for cities he had zero interest in going to. Now, its debatable if Green Bay was one of them, as unfortunate as it is, GB isn't a hot spot for players, only until they play for the Pack do they realize it's worth.

7. NYPacker

NYPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +38
    That's true. A lot of people like to blame TT for not playing a bigger part in free agency. However they also have to remember that it takes 2 to tango. Not only does the GM have to pursue the player but that player has to like where he is going. Last season buried under all the TT hate was the fact that he actually tried to sign Chris Canty for the same amount of money that the Giants were offering. However Canty chose a more avid scenery to be in NY.