Running Back situation

H

HardRightEdge

Yes, but effectively means getting first downs. Too often its three runs and punt.
The Packers remain at the top of the league in 3rd. down conversions, 3rd. at 48.2%, which goes against that assertion.

It just seems that way because until the Giant's game the defense wasn't getting off the field in bend-don't-break fashion.

H

HardRightEdge

Ripkowski might excel occasionally rushing the ball but he for sure shouldn't be counted on as a bell cow.
While his few power runs have been impressive, I don't think he's been given enough credit for his run blocking. It's been very good.

Matt39

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly, we have to make a move mine as we'll be sooner than later. Now we have a short week again so are we going to be stuck with this group for better or worse? Very bad planning if that is the case.

I think most of us were ok with just Lacy and Starks assuming they had a legit plan B for injuries, I mean they had to know there was a very significant chance one or both backs would miss significant time right?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Spotrac must be wrong:
- Callahan's release opened a spot for D. Goodson.
- Price was released to make a spot for Pennel.
- Shields was IR'd for the roster spot for K. Davis.
No mention anywhere else about Jackson being signed so am assuming TT was planning to elevate him but then pulled the trigger on the trade.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I wonder why they didn't call up Brandon Burks instead of giving up the conditional pick for Davis

Packers cut Burks from the 53 when they signed Jhurell Pressley. They didn't seem to like Pressley much either, since they cut him as well. Seems like Don Jackson was the winner of the ugliest dog contest.

D

Deleted member 6794

According to Spotrac Don Jackson was signed to the active roster, yesterday. http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/green-bay-packers/don-jackson-19453/

Price was cut on 10/18 and Shields was IR'd on 10/18 - did K Davis and Jackson claim those roster spots?

Price and Callahan were cut last week to make room for Pennel and Goodson. Shields was put on injured reserve with Davis taking his spot. Jackson hasn't bern promoted to the active roster so far and the Packers would have to release another player to do it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Will be interesting to see if they promote Jackson after signing Davis. My vote would be yes, if they feel there is a guy on the 53 that is expendable, IR worthy or can be slid to the PS, but we saw how that went with Callahan. Why not audition them both, have some depth and when both Lacy and Starks can play, one is gone, the better one stays and gives us needed depth and insurance if Starks doesn't get better.

Last edited:

Latest posts