Running Back situation

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as calling running plays when it is obvious...I usually see run, run, pass and punt. The pass play needs to get mixed in on 1st and especially 2nd down at times.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely agree that it's a rare occurrence.

The Packers running the ball with either Cobb and Montgomery has been extremely unsuccessful this season though. There's absolutely no way Cobb should carry the ball 10 times a game.

Ripkowski might excel occasionally rushing the ball but he for sure shouldn't be counted on as a bell cow.

It doesn't make sense with the way the Packers offense are using the receivers behind the top three on the depth chart though.
Cobb and Montgomery need to combine for a total of 0 carries for the remainder of the year. A WR in the backfield could be used creatively, but you would need a creative OC in order to do so.

Reaction score
Cobb and Montgomery need to combine for a total of 0 carries for the remainder of the year. A WR in the backfield could be used creatively, but you would need a creative OC in order to do so.
Agreed. I'm not sure having Cobb getting crushed as a RB would be very prudent after how he was punished on his last reception

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy (ankle) and Starks (knee) are both hurting. Maybe we will see Don Jackson called up from the practice squad. Personally, I think MM calls too many running plays especially when they have a big lead. It gets Rodgers out of his rhythm. Let him throw the ball often and when the safeties play deep..then run the ball. Use the pass to set up the runs.

I feel like this is a lot more manageable than the mess with our cornerbacks... holy crap we're down to our 4th 5th and 6th corners if either Randall or Rollins can't go tomorrow.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT is going to have to use his open roster spot on that PS RB now. I can't imagine you go into the game with a banged up Lacy and The Ripper as your only RB's. Starks has always been injury prone. Rolling the dice on 2 rb's with injury histories looks really bad on TT right now. I'm fine with them being the 1 and 2 guys but you need a 3rd to back them up.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
F-ing TT. He activated both Pennel and Goodson, released Price and Callahan and is going to roll into this game with 1 single running back who is broken and a huge question mark.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Everybody can relax, if Lacy is unable to go tomorrow, Jacob Schum will be splitting duties between punter and RB, this way the Cowboys will have no clue what we are doing either. :coffee:

Reaction score
I still don't understand why we let Crockett go, then picked up a RB from MN, then we cut him too? That seems very wishy washy at a position that is known for injuries.
I think there should be 3 half backs and 3 QBs on the 53. With the injuries each team has it would've made sense fir the league in the past to go from 6 practice squad players to 8 and from a 53 to 55 roster (rather than the change they made from 6 to 10 practice players)

Last edited:

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crockett is on IR. They could have given him the injury settlement but I think you have to wait until like week 10 or something to re-sign him. What about Lacy's partner in crime last year? Dial that guy up for a game.

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wimm....
"The Packers running the ball with either Cobb and Montgomery has been extremely unsuccessful this season though. There's absolutely no way Cobb should carry the ball 10 times a game."

Me...
"Cobb has 7.0 ypc on 45 career rushing attempts"

Last edited:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wimm....
"The Packers running the ball with either Cobb and Montgomery has been extremely unsuccessful this season though. There's absolutely no way Cobb should carry the ball 10 times a game."

Me...
"Cobb has 7.0 ypc on 45 career rushing attempts"
Which amounts to how many attempts per game? One half?

Besides, he said this season. He's averaging 2.4 YPC per carry this season. But maybe you'd like to call Trent Richardson as well, since you think that's the type of production we should go with.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Getting by for 1 week is ok but Starks is out for a long time. You can't roll with Big Ed and a fullback and nothing else. TT has to do something.....I wouldn't be surprised to see Starks on IR and someone signed/ activated before the game. Meniscus damage is 3-6 weeks.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I think if the Packers had been planning on bringing Jackson up, they wouldn't have activated Goodson. Unless, they are trying to totally knock Dallas on their heels by surprising them with having a second running back behind an injured Lacy. :rolleyes:

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thats true. They got the exemption to not have to activate Goodson. TT looks like an idiot right now. He has 14 or so hours to figure it out but I would rather have signed a RB just in case and saved Goodson for next week since it was an easy option that involves cutting no one.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I'd LOVE to see Ripkowski unleashed into the heart of that Dallas defense - I mean run the beast right at them - 10-15 times. Cowboys' fan websites seem to think that the Packers aren't tough enough to out "smash mouth" the Cowbags.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The plan is seriously to give Monty and Cobb snaps at RB? MM should drop a log on TT's desk this morning. Absolutely ridiculous. What about next week and the 4 after that in which Starks can't play?

Members online

Latest posts