Round 7 Pick #238 - RB Devante Mays

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Utah State

5-11, 225-pound

"A big, bruising running back prospect with some durability concerns but he´s 21st all time in rushing at Utah State."

Sounds like Eddie Lacy V2?

Wonder how the 20 guys ahead of him on that list fared in the NFL? Doesn't look like he ran the ball much last year (injury?) but had a solid 2015 season (165 carries, 966 yds, 5.9 ave. and 9 TD's)

Looks like there WILL be some competition in the backfield as McCarthy eluded to.

Another Pre-draft visit guy the Packers land.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'm thinking the Packers weren't 100% sold on the trio of Monty, Michael and Jackson AND that the running game is important to the Packers. :whistling:

mongoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Say waaaaaaa? Damn! Someone is going to get the pink slip this season! Williams, mont, micheal, jones, rip? Holy lorda

PackFan2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I heard you fans wanted a running back. So we got a running back, another running back and one more running back. lol

OP
OP
Pokerbrat2000

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
He likes to put his head down and lay some wood!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

mongoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ted might bring mont back to wr and let williams take the lead. Davis and janis andmontcan fight for the last spot.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's the most intriguing from an athletic standpoint. Prototypical size, speed, and explosiveness. I haven't seen any game tape to see if that translates.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i do like the thought of these 3 guys with a ton to prove going all out, giving it everything throughout TC and the preseason trying to make the roster

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Monty will play both, he's a matchup nightmare.

I think if these 3 rookie backs turn out to be a triple threat(getting chills), mont might be put back at slot, IF micheal and jackson do the moon walk and prove to the coaches they belong. if micheal and jackson can't prove they will beat it and mont will be back again. just sayin', ya'll!

mongoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just saw some highlights of may. Might be hit or miss with this one. Not much power but seems quick. Not sure he will fare up the middle.

Einstein McFly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He seems to like contact but there are a lot of plays there where he gets nice and low and smashes into someone up the middle...and gets tackled on the spot. Dishing it out is all well and good if it means extra yard the way it did with Lacy, but for a guy with his numbers it didn't seem like he was breaking a lot of tackles.

Still, at least we now they'll have someone big to take a look at in training camp.

Members online

Latest posts