Rollins Neck , FA CBs and big DBs merged

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
None will come in and totally play awesome but 3 CBs that are talented imo that are on other teams PS. 1.Doran Grant
2.Charles Gaines
3.Jacoby Glenn
If anything they are bodies to play when worst comes to worst.

Hawkins as well. I expect to see at least one of these guys called up. A "strength" coming into the season is a major weakness. Randall is hurt every other series on top of that.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think you can write him off as a bust just yet. The young man has very limited experience and has flashed on occasion. I am not going to argue the merits of TT snagging him in the 2nd but I do think he could still end up being a fine player for us. Time will obviously tell but I am not ready to "move on" from this talented youngster just yet. I hope and pray he is fully restored and can continue his career sooner rather than later. G P G !

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So we can go back to dumping on TT's player acquisition? :)

Can't some things just be bad luck? Nick Collins wasn't a bust but bad luck shortened his career; you don't think this defense would be better if Collins was still back there? It's football, guys get hurt. It's not necessarily anyone's fault.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wasn't sure where to put this but just thought it deserved mentioning: Reason #372 why the Pats are the best run franchise in the NFL, if Michael Floyd signs with another team this offseason, the Pats get a compensatory pick.

D

Deleted member 6794

Wasn't sure where to put this but just thought it deserved mentioning: Reason #372 why the Pats are the best run franchise in the NFL, if Michael Floyd signs with another team this offseason, the Pats get a compensatory pick.

In addition the Patriots get some production out of him for the rest of this season as well. Floyd caught three passes for 36 yards and a touchdown in the regular season finale at Miami and had a terrific block on a defender on another Patriots TD.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In addition the Patriots get some production out of him for the rest of this season as well. Floyd caught three passes for 36 yards and a touchdown in the regular season finale at Miami and had a terrific block on a defender on another Patriots TD.

Just about winning over there. They will sign who they need to sign...even if it's for a couple games..,or just 1 season. The ultimate goal is a championship at the end of the season and that's it. TT wants SB's around here but the approach by TT is way different than BB and Kraft. The TT approach is not aggressive at all...imo that's the reason why he only has 1 SB and 1 appearance. His approach is overly cautious and not aggressive at all when it comes to building. A SB team.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodell what was your opinion on him last year? Has your opinion on Davante Adams changed lately?

May opinion on Rollins last year, was he had no business going in the 2nd round. I stand corrected. He showed flashes that he could be a decent corner in the league..but he's definitely not starting material by a long shot. I also stand corrected in with that comment as well.

As for Adams? Once again...he's got potential to be a solid #2...but not a #1. He's way to inconsistent. He will have a good game and then dissapear the next. Hes shown flashes...but that's it. If Jordy got hurt and he had to carry a bigger load? Even healthy I do t see it happening.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just about to say the same thing. Rollins just isn't that good...point blank. I hope it isn't anything serious, and that he can continue to play. Just not here. He reminds me of Jarett Bush in coverage. It's like when you see the ball thrown his way you hold your breath. I don't see anything in his game that warranted him being a 2nd rd draft pick....or even a starting caliber player in the NFL.

Outside of Bush, I have never seen a guy look so completely lost in coverage at times.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone suguesting we don't need both Randell and Rollins for this PO run is out of their freaking minds.

Have they both had sophomore slumps? Of course

Have they both gotten beat alot? Yes

Did some people forget just truly horrific our CBs looked when both were out? Apparently

Just remember guys. Just because they've played bad this season doesn't mean that it can't get oh so much worse again. The moment they both came back into the lineup the D took a HUGE step forward from where they were without them

Hopefully Rollins gets better quick. Can't wait for him and Randell to be this offseasons Adams on this board

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
While I don't think Sam Shields will be back in Green Bay next year, unless he is able to continue playing football and willing to re-do his current contract to reflect his injury situation, I would like to know the complete details on Sam Shields. More specifically, would he have been able to play by now? I am guessing not, since they used the 1 IR return on Dorleant, but man it would have been nice to have had Sam back right about now, that is if they think he will ever play again.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you realize Adams ranked second in the NFL in touchdown catches this season??? It´s true he´s still inconsistent but there´s absolutely no doubt in my mind that he´s a very talented receiver.

Adams was massively improved this season. Effort, running after the catch, across the board. There's still the 'high profile' drops, but I'd bet he improved there too.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do you realize Adams ranked second in the NFL in touchdown catches this season??? It´s true he´s still inconsistent but there´s absolutely no doubt in my mind that he´s a very talented receiver.

Man I swear people don't read:rolleyes:

We are 100% in agreement that he's a very talented wr receiver...that's 100% true. I just showed you his stats didn't I? So yes, I'm fully aware of where he's ranked. I'm going to put it this way...#'s lie in football more than in any other sport. My eyes see dozens of very talented WRs in the league....DOZENS. They also see those guy's underperform, or dissapear for stretches. I watch EVERY Packer game, and I see Adams is one of those guy's. I trust my eyes.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone suguesting we don't need both Randell and Rollins for this PO run is out of their freaking minds.

Have they both had sophomore slumps? Of course

Have they both gotten beat alot? Yes

Did some people forget just truly horrific our CBs looked when both were out? Apparently

Just remember guys. Just because they've played bad this season doesn't mean that it can't get oh so much worse again. The moment they both came back into the lineup the D took a HUGE step forward from where they were without them

Hopefully Rollins gets better quick. Can't wait for him and Randell to be this offseasons Adams on this board

Ive always hated the term "sophomore slump". These guys are ranked 111 and 116 in their respective position! You can't be that bad and just have it be a sophmore slump!! The secondary actually played better when Rollins went out due to injury. It also looked better when Randall was benched against the Bears and they put Hyde in his place. Facts man. Facts.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ive always hated the term "sophomore slump". These guys are ranked 111 and 116 in their respective position! You can't be that bad and just have it be a sophmore slump!! The secondary actually played better when Rollins went out due to injury. It also looked better when Randall was benched against the Bears and they put Hyde in his place. Facts man. Facts.
Did Randall look this bad to you last year? Yes or no? what did he rate last year? why do you think he's struggling? He just sucks? or been battling injuries all year long? Hyde struggled early this year too, though the past 5 weeks he's picked up his game to where he looks like he usually did. Did he just decide to suck at the beginning of the year? Or was something else going on?

You say you watch the game with your eyes, but I don't think you see much.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Did Randall look this bad to you last year? Yes or no? what did he rate last year? why do you think he's struggling? He just sucks? or been battling injuries all year long? Hyde struggled early this year too, though the past 5 weeks he's picked up his game to where he looks like he usually did. Did he just decide to suck at the beginning of the year? Or was something else going on?

You say you watch the game with your eyes, but I don't think you see much.

I see guys getting beat vs man to man ...and giving up chunk yards looking confused when they are in zone. Not rookies...second year guys. I think I see just fine. I guess 100,000 ppl can't see either.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
does he look like he did last year?

what did he rate last year?

do you think he just decided to suck this year or is something else going on?

Same with Hyde. Did he just decide to suck the first half of this year despite being a regular and solid contributor on defense and then just decide not to suck over the past 5 weeks?

Maybe my questions were too mashed up the first time?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Tramon Williams looked horrible one year, but had shoulder issues.. Following year was lot better..

Members online

Latest posts