Rollins Neck , FA CBs and big DBs merged

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rushed to the hospital.... hope he isn't the latest great young talent to leave GB because of a neck injury....

Anyone know how he is doing?

IluvGB

I <3 Packers!!!!
Reaction score
Came here as well to see if there was any updates...

D

Deleted member 6794

Rollins was released from a Detroit hospital yesterday and flew to Green Bay. He walked through the locker room but didn't talk to the media. McCarthy said that everything is progressing in a positive manner.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rollins was released from a Detroit hospital yesterday and flew to Green Bay. He walked through the locker room but didn't talk to the media. McCarthy said that everything is progressing in a positive manner.

Probably just a mild stinger. Hard to say how much of this was injury versus medical caution.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The fact that he's out of the hospital and walking around is very, very good news. I cannot imagine that he would be walking around if the doctors thought his spinal cord was at risk.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I assume that regardless of the prognosis, the mere fact that he spent the night in the hospital will spur the Doc McKenzie to be cautious. We all know about former Packers that have suffered neck injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if they sit Rollins for the season just to be safe, of course depending on the injury itself. His health and career future are certainly more important than whatever happens to the Packers this season.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I assume that regardless of the prognosis, the mere fact that he spent the night in the hospital will spur the Doc McKenzie to be cautious. We all know about former Packers that have suffered neck injuries. I wouldn't be surprised if they sit Rollins for the season just to be safe, of course depending on the injury itself. His health and career future are certainly more important than whatever happens to the Packers this season.
I think it's all but a certainty he's done for the year. I don't want to seem cold about this, but it's probably a good thing he doesn't play anymore as he's been a weak link.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's all but a certainty he's done for the year. I don't want to seem cold about this, but it's probably a good thing he doesn't play anymore as he's been a weak link.

I was just about to say the same thing. Rollins just isn't that good...point blank. I hope it isn't anything serious, and that he can continue to play. Just not here. He reminds me of Jarett Bush in coverage. It's like when you see the ball thrown his way you hold your breath. I don't see anything in his game that warranted him being a 2nd rd draft pick....or even a starting caliber player in the NFL.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was just about to say the same thing. Rollins just isn't that good...point blank. I hope it isn't anything serious, and that he can continue to play. Just not here. He reminds me of Jarett Bush in coverage. It's like when you see the ball thrown his way you hold your breath. I don't see anything in his game that warranted him being a 2nd rd draft pick....or even a starting caliber player in the NFL.

Rodell what was your opinion on him last year? Has your opinion on Davante Adams changed lately?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly..

And that's my point.. People want Dom to be fired, but it isn't his fault if he doesn't have the talent to work with.

You cant paint a Mona Lisa if you don't have the talent no matter who is teaching you

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If there is a month until the SB and we keep losing defensive backs, I fully expect us to keep him active and on the injury report. We kept Goodson on the roster until nature finally did him in.

Sky King

Reaction score
It seems like he's always late trying to keep-up with the receiver thanks to his extended peeking into the backfield. And without the make-up speed needed to compensate he always seems to be trailing his guy by a too-great margin. If he ever had football instincts to begin with they may be on the verge of becoming extinct. If he's truly better than the guys behind him on the roster (if there are any left to play during the next contest) pray for us.

Don't you just wish that a Montgomery or Allison type player would emerge on this defense like real soon?

Djepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Does anybody know of any decent corner or safety free agents that might be able to help the team out now??

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If TT does anything he will call up Herb Water or Jermaine " stay the **** off the kickoff team" whitehead off the PS.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if they don't bring at least another corner in. They basically had Brice and Burnett playing some corner in Dime packages Sunday night. What's the word on Dorleant? Or Hawkins? How about Antonio Cromartie? I mean at least for the playoffs. Can't be any worse off at corner.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd be shocked if they don't bring at least another corner in. They basically had Brice and Burnett playing some corner in Dime packages Sunday night. What's the word on Dorleant? Or Hawkins? How about Antonio Cromartie? I mean at least for the playoffs. Can't be any worse off at corner.
Dorleant wasn't walking well after the game and had crutches but apparently refrained from really using them. Hawkins is fine...just was inactive last week. Randall sounds like he is being held together with glue and a few threads.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
None will come in and totally play awesome but 3 CBs that are talented imo that are on other teams PS. 1.Doran Grant
2.Charles Gaines
3.Jacoby Glenn
If anything they are bodies to play when worst comes to worst.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly..

And that's my point.. People want Dom to be fired, but it isn't his fault if he doesn't have the talent to work with.

You cant paint a Mona Lisa if you don't have the talent no matter who is teaching you

So we can go back to dumping on TT's player acquisition? :)