Rollins Neck , FA CBs and big DBs merged

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised Randall's rating was that high as he was the one getting beat on the Giants lone touchdown.

Was it Haha or Randall or a combo of both on that play? It looked like Randall thought for sure he had inside help. Haha jumped a crossing route. Now if Haha does not jump that route that guy would have been wide open so maybe it was someone else or just a bad defensive call. Would be interested to know who was at fault.

D

Deleted member 6794

Was it Haha or Randall or a combo of both on that play? It looked like Randall thought for sure he had inside help. Haha jumped a crossing route. Now if Haha does not jump that route that guy would have been wide open so maybe it was someone else or just a bad defensive call. Would be interested to know who was at fault.

It seems like Randall expected to get inside help from Clinton-Dix but there's no reason to allow King to get wide open behind him.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems like Randall expected to get inside help from Clinton-Dix but there's no reason to allow King to get wide open behind him.

I agree with that. In the end all I know is Randall showed up to play and really did have a solid game. He needs 3 more of those

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was pretty obvious early in the Lions game that the offense struggled with Montgomery in the backfield and performed significantly better once Ripkowski got on the field. I'm absolutely fine with McCarthy adjusting the scheme to make it work.

I understand Rip being better in that situation because MM treats Ty like a traditional RB when he should be lining up in the backfield and then motioning outside as often as he actually stays in the backfield. I get it, when Rodgers is the QB pretty much any offense is going to look terrific because he can just run around until the play design breaks down and then make something out of nothing, but the main advantage in having a guy like Ty in the backfield is that it keeps the defense off balance. MM doesn't do that though, defensive coordinators can treat Ty just like they treated Lacy because MM uses him the exact same way.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I actually think MM is doing a good job finding the RB that seems to have the hot hand on any particular day against the defense that day. We have seen it with his use of Monty, Michael and Rip over the past several games. Go with what works and if what is working is just the passing game, then so be it. In that situation, sneak a run in every so often and maybe Monty or Michael break one, but let's not fool ourselves into thinking the Packers have or need a running game.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
McCarthy thinks they do or he wouldn't have said at halftime they need to run more.
He always says that LOL I do think Michael helped a lot. Once he had a few nice runs, it seemed to open the flood gates. Not sure if that was as a result of the Giants changing things or the offense just taking complete control.

D

Deleted member 6794

I actually think MM is doing a good job finding the RB that seems to have the hot hand on any particular day against the defense that day. We have seen it with his use of Monty, Michael and Rip over the past several games. Go with what works and if what is working is just the passing game, then so be it. In that situation, sneak a run in every so often and maybe Monty or Michael break one, but let's not fool ourselves into thinking the Packers have or need a running game.

Mostly I agree that McCarthy is doing a good job of finding the hot running back but I still have a hard time understanding why he used Ripkowski and Montgomery early in the third quarter on those ill advised third and fourth down plays instead of Michael who had previously gained 27 yards on only four rushing attempts on that drive.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with ya capt look like they were play deep 3rds but haha saw the guy cutting accross the middle , miss communication. I think it was more so on randall but he didnt have the recovery speed to catch him. That crossin guy was wide open haha had to pick him up.

lil dicky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm surprised Randall's rating was that high as he was the one getting beat on the Giants lone touchdown.

It was cover 3. He was supposed to play outide leverage with HaHa covering anything inside. Unfortunately Jake Ryan went to cover the flat when that was Hyde's responsibility. When he realized he screwed up he backed off into his zoen but it was too late. Joe Thomas also bit and looked like he was in some sort of spy or delayed blitz, probably the latter with Eli's immobility. HaHa went to cover the crossing route Ryan had turned lose and Eli ripped it deep inside where HaHa should have been and it was a TD. Randall actually did what he was supposed to.

IMO that TD went on Ryan. Randall did what he was supposed to, HaHa had to cover what he turned loose and left Randall to adjust and play trail technique but at that point it was too late. Just a broken play.

D

Deleted member 6794

It was cover 3. He was supposed to play outide leverage with HaHa covering anything inside. Unfortunately Jake Ryan went to cover the flat when that was Hyde's responsibility. When he realized he screwed up he backed off into his zoen but it was too late. Joe Thomas also bit and looked like he was in some sort of spy or delayed blitz, probably the latter with Eli's immobility. HaHa went to cover the crossing route Ryan had turned lose and Eli ripped it deep inside where HaHa should have been and it was a TD. Randall actually did what he was supposed to.

IMO that TD went on Ryan. Randall did what he was supposed to, HaHa had to cover what he turned loose and left Randall to adjust and play trail technique but at that point it was too late. Just a broken play.

After taking another look at the play on coaches film I agree that it seems Ryan messed up forcing Clinton-Dix to cover Shepard. It wasn´t a great play call either though planning on having an inside linebacker matching up with the Giants rookie wide receiver.

OP
OP
G

GreenBaySlacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rollins is supposed to be able to play. But now I hear randall is on the injury report with a foot injury.... Not good.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The is the 2nd week in a row someone got added to the injury list on the damn walk through day. What the hell is going on?

D

Deleted member 6794

The is the 2nd week in a row someone got added to the injury list on the damn walk through day. What the hell is going on?

The Packers practice on Saturday while the injury report published on Friday is based on estimations.

Members online

Latest posts