Rodgers wants a new contract

OP
OP
GreenNGold_81

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
apparently, he alludes to having a new contract in the mix on PM show. He also says he hopes for more help on offense. I'll have to watch it when I'm off work. This is per twitter.

Anyone else actually watch the McAfee show?

GleefulGary

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol @ the retirement idea.

Rodgers is just gonna up and quit because he didn’t get his “way”? Gonna pass up, what, 40-50 million dollars? That seems super realistic.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
apparently, he alludes to having a new contract in the mix on PM show. He also says he hopes for more help on offense. I'll have to watch it when I'm off work. This is per twitter.

Anyone else actually watch the McAfee show?

I am entertained by the McaFee show. To me he does a better job of being entertaining by sheer comedy or poking the bear whenever able instead of manifesting BS like Bayless and such. I was actually just pulling up the Aaron Rodgers interview now to listen to it.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Florio is mesmerized with what the Packers are paying Aaron Rodgers. So after the Pack and Aaron did the existing contract, Flirio then moved onto the next "underpaid" QB ... And then the next, and then the next ... and so forth and so on. He's just cycled back to the start ... skipping over Cousins... for some reason. :roflmao: :sneaky:

Packnation

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Mike Florio is a Vikings fan... that’s all that needs to be said! He’s starting rumors.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
AR doesn't hold any cards...except with fans. where did "force AR to come back" come from? rodgers is under contract. he can retire if he wants. he screws the team a bit if he does it after a certain date. even a trade has some negative cap consequences. this is money and ego driven if the story's even true. it won't affect the cap situation appreciably going forward...$8-10m. look...they're $25m over the cap right now. so they need to clear cap just to get to that 175m point. they only have 36+- guys under contract for next year so they've got to clear additional room just to sign enough guys to make the 53 man roster. you want quality guys filling out the roster? that's going to require additional room. if they don't restructure rodgers contract they've got to clear additional room to fit the extra $12m that his hit is going up. do you guys see the daunting task ahead? how good do you really think next year's team is going to be? yesterday i said it wasn't going to be boring. it took one day. lol
How good do you think the other 31 teams will be? Are they in great shape with talent and cap situation? It’s all relative. We aren’t the only team in the league with this situation going into next season. Four of our six all pro’s are under contract. As usual, it will be the performance of the young 1st contract guys that will be a major factor in next season’s level of success. I think there is plenty of reason for optimism.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I am entertained by the McaFee show. To me he does a better job of being entertaining by sheer comedy or poking the bear whenever able instead of manifesting BS like Bayless and such. I was actually just pulling up the Aaron Rodgers interview now to listen to it.

A-Rod is pretty good at speaking his mind in most situations, but on the McAfree show, he takes it up a notch and just lets it all hang out. I think he trusts Pat and AJ (Hawk) and the product they put out. Probably the most entertaining Sports show on the air IMO.

Jerellh528

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AJ hawk likely had a big hand on getting Rodgers on that show weekly. He and Hawk are really close

D

Deleted member 6794

How good do you think the other 31 teams will be? Are they in great shape with talent and cap situation? It’s all relative. We aren’t the only team in the league with this situation going into next season. Four of our six all pro’s are under contract. As usual, it will be the performance of the young 1st contract guys that will be a major factor in next season’s level of success. I think there is plenty of reason for optimism.

According to Over The Cap only four teams find themselves in a worse situation regarding the cap than the Packers.

While I agree the team does have enough talent to make another run there will be some tough decisions to make this offseason.

It's true that young players need to step up next season, hooefully Gutekunst concentrates on actually improving next year's squad in the draft this time around.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Make PFT a banned website on this forum and prevent anything from there being shared here ....

Lol no just kidding

I mean I know there are a few writers there who do have some good insights around the league and do offer a some interesting thoughtful opinions. But I'd say overall that place along with Bleacher Report are much more National Enquirer type online magazines with the good old clickbait that just wastes Internet space.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol @ the retirement idea.

Rodgers is just gonna up and quit because he didn’t get his “way”? Gonna pass up, what, 40-50 million dollars? That seems super realistic.

Yeah, at worst he'd go the Deshaun Watson route and force a trade (probably by claiming some kind of hamstring injury or something that prevented him from playing for the Packers while letting him collect a paycheck).

Members online

Latest posts