rodgers throw awayS explained

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Consistent Pressure up the middle allowed by our OL and receivers that can't get open other then Adams.

There is your "throw away problem"

You starve your offense of talent long enough and there no QB that can make it work.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Consistent Pressure up the middle allowed by our OL and receivers that can't get open other then Adams.

There is your "throw away problem"

You starve your offense of talent long enough and there no QB that can make it work.
To be fair there have been times where Rodgers has had an open receiver and neglected to throw it to them in favor of the big throw. Case in point go look at the game of Seattle this year. Rodgers was the reason we lost that game.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
To be fair there have been times where Rodgers has had an open receiver and neglected to throw it to them in favor of the big throw. Case in point go look at the game of Seattle this year. Rodgers was the reason we lost that game.

McCarthy is the reason we lost that game not going for it on 4th down.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy is the reason we lost that game not going for it on 4th down.
There were several instances, one of which would've resulted in a walk in touchdown had Rodgers dumped it off to Aaron Jones, and this was the occasion on several plays. Yes McCarthy's decision may have hurt us, but Rodgers was the reason we lost that game. That is one game he deserves a boatload of the blame.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
There were several instances, one of which would've resulted in a walk in touchdown had Rodgers dumped it off to Aaron Jones, and this was the occasion on several plays. Yes McCarthy's decision may have hurt us, but Rodgers was the reason we lost that game. That is one game he deserves a boatload of the blame.

Blame Rodgers if you want. Last season is over now and there is a new coaching staff in place. If they start loading up the offense around him and solidify the O-Line then we won't be having these discussions next year.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blame Rodgers if you want. Last season is over now and there is a new coaching staff in place. If they start loading up the offense around him and solidify the O-Line then we won't be having these discussions next year.
lol he is one of the last posters I would ever accuse of blaming Rodgers. If he is willing to say those things.. i’d say it’s a good idea to consider them.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look dude, I like Rodgers as much as the next guy and I will defend him when the situation calls for it. I agree that the play calling as well as the O-line needs to improve, but let's not pretend Rodgers needs to improve as well? Especially to his standards. As bad as the coaching, the oline, and injuries were (Rodgers included) there were games that he did not perform to standards. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but I feel it's important to remain objective, and know that he isn't above criticism if he doesn't perform.

With that being said, Rodgers is rarely the reason we lose games so I do understand in regards to other factors such as as the stuff you mentioned, but the way I see it Rodgers is being paid to perform and he knows what's at stake for him. I have faith he'll come through, but again he isn't above being critiqued in regards to his game and performance on the field.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Look dude, I like Rodgers as much as the next guy and I will defend him when the situation calls for it. I agree that the play calling as well as the O-line needs to improve, but let's not pretend Rodgers needs to improve as well? Especially to his standards. As bad as the coaching, the oline, and injuries were (Rodgers included) there were games that he did not perform to standards. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt, but I feel it's important to remain objective, and know that he isn't above criticism if he doesn't perform.

With that being said, Rodgers is rarely the reason we lose games so I do understand in regards to other factors such as as the stuff you mentioned, but the way I see it Rodgers is being paid to perform and he knows what's at stake for him. I have faith he'll come through, but again he isn't above being critiqued in regards to his game and performance on the field.

I have been critical myself about him but the reality is he missed an entire season and then played hurt last season. On top of that the play calling sucked and the overall talent on offense was bismol.

If people put as much effort into rebuliding this offensive roster as they do blaming rodgers and questioning his new contract we would of never had this problem to begin with.

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have been critical myself about him but the reality is he missed an entire season and then played hurt last season. On top of that the play calling sucked and the overall talent on offense was bismol.

If people put as much effort into rebuliding this offensive roster as they do blaming rodgers and questioning his new contract we would of never had this problem to begin with.
I share you sentiments in regards to Rodgers coming off the injury and potentially not being completely upright, as well as the play calling and Oline. But nothing is going to be perfect for any player unfortunately. When I something Rodgers could've done better I'll call him out on it. For example holding on to the ball too long. That doesn't mean I think he's as toxic as people are portraying him as nor does it sway my thoughts that he's earned every penny of that contract deal.

We will see what happens this year. I believe we can win it all, but at the end of the day it's up to the team to prove me right.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To be fair there have been times where Rodgers has had an open receiver and neglected to throw it to them in favor of the big throw.
I was wondering if they included that in their study.

On top of that the play calling sucked and the overall talent on offense was bismol.
I know it gave me indigestion a few times.

I believe we can win it all, but at the end of the day it's up to the team to prove me right.
I was optimistic last year. They're going to have to prove it to me. At this point there's no one left to fire, except maybe Murphy.

Reaction score
What I find curious is those throws were completely uncharacteristic of our QB. There’s zero question in my mind that Aaron’s decreased mobility was a part of that.. call it forced errors or whatever you want to name it. I also believe he was playing a just a few % shy of his previous collarbone injury arm strength. Combine that with the gimpy knee and it’s a recipe for error.

IMO the biggest factor of the roughly 30 additional sideline throws was injury recovery (both mental and physical) on the part of the QB. That was also accompanied by his obvious reluctance to throw to guys he hadn’t fully gained trust AND there were some moderate degree of not coming back to finish the play.

I expect... 1. the combination of Aarons improved to full recovery. 2. the experience gained in the rookie year of the WR group and 3. just the overall awareness of the issue (addressing WR schematic/coaching adjustments) making it a focus to reduce those missed opportunities... the solution.

We’re obviously not the only ones who are discussing this and I am fully confident we see a dramatic reduction in throwaways this season. Spending resources on improving our OL and a more seasoned WR/RB/TE group will make us better by default.

Last edited:

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We’re obviously not the only ones who are discussing this and I am fully confident we see a dramatic reduction in throwaways this season. Spending resources on improving our OL and a more seasoned WR/RB/TE group will make us better by default.
There's almost nowhere for them to go but down. I want to see if LeFleur will do better at scheming WRs open. Again, it almost can't help but improve.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's also because we've come to expect far too much from Rodgers over the years, and we see that he's constantly getting hit and injured, his supporting cast is deteriorating, and his play has suffered as a result of that. Even elite QBs like Brady and Brees have great play callers who scheme things open on 3rd down (It's not as difficult as you think) . But Rodgers has little faith in his play caller, as well as the young players around him, resulting in him being uncomfortable and missing things. But his ability to overcome poor coaching and supporting players is underappreciated as well.

Favre>Rodgers259

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The majority of the throwaways were due to pressure, which is why I keep mocking no less than 3 OL in the Draft. If the Draft Class can cut that number in half I'd say that accounts for 1-2 more wins next season in close games.

The other part of no one being open accounts for the inexperience at WR and coaching deficiencies. Our WR Corps will be better this year so all that needs to happen is LeFleur dialing it up right in the playbook. I think that can cut the other throwaways down by at least a third, because at the end of the day, opposing defenses are still going to play hard too. I think that adds another 1-2 wins next season in close games.

So next year, I only expect 26-32 throwaways from Rodgers.

Members online

Latest posts