rodgers the hypocrite v2.3

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your original post is laughable and the gloating today is even more so. Rodgers doesn't make the decision to play, if healthy, THE COACHING STAFF MAKES THE DECISION. THEY didn't want him to play. Rodgers has had a mediocre season. But folks like you seem to think you have some great insight, when in reality, your statements are based in zero knowledge of the facts. Rodgers is having a lousy year because his offensive line is having a lousy year. Also, as good as Rodgers is, he can't do it alone. He has had little support from the tight end position(save a couple of plays), Adams isn't much, and Cobb has been double-teamed all season. Lacy is one buffalo chicken wing away from another career and James Starks thinks fumbling will get you in the Hall of Fame. You can tell Aaron's spirit is down, but it's like trying to build a house with only one hand, a hammer and a saw.
P.S. Yet again, the defense sucks, but Capers won't pay the price.
The defense is not very good, but they have nothing to build around like the offense does with Rodgers. You wouldn't think it would be that hard to get people who can get open and catch balls, or a line when you have something worth protecting, but that's the issue we're facing this year.

Matthews is good, but these players seem ill fit for a 3-4 scheme when we don't even have 1 good ILB. There nobody to elevate the play of others and make plays on a consistent enough basis. If you look at the best defenses around the league, they have excellent players. We don't.

D

Deleted member 6794

The defense is not very good, but they have nothing to build around like the offense does with Rodgers. You wouldn't think it would be that hard to get people who can get open and catch balls, or a line when you have something worth protecting, but that's the issue we're facing this year.

Matthews is good, but these players seem ill fit for a 3-4 scheme when we don't even have 1 good ILB. There nobody to elevate the play of others and make plays on a consistent enough basis. If you look at the best defenses around the league, they have excellent players. We don't.

The defense has played well enough for the team to be considered a Super Bowl contender although I agree that they lack talent compared to other teams. BTW I don't think the players are better suited to play in a 4-3.

There!s no doubt in my mind that the offense is to blame for the Packers struggles this season.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The defense has played well enough for the team to be considered a Super Bowl contender although I agree that they lack talent compared to other teams. BTW I don't think the players are better suited to play in a 4-3.

There!s no doubt in my mind that the offense is to blame for the Packers struggles this season.
With Shields in, they are certainly good enough. I never thought it would happen, but the defense is carrying this team this year. I just meant they are playing better than they have any right to, considering they don't have the quantity of special players like Seattle, Denver, Carolina, etc.

D

Deleted member 6794

With Shields in, they are certainly good enough. I never thought it would happen, but the defense is carrying this team this year. I just meant they are playing better than they have any right to, considering they don't have the quantity of special players like Seattle, Denver, Carolina, etc.

I agree that the defense is playing better than I expected them to based on the talent level of the unit. Maybe Capers isn't such a terrible coach after all as many posters here believe.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think fans here are overestimating the defense a wee bit. Have they played pretty well overall? Yes. Are they improved over recent years? Considerably.
But they are still inconsistent, and tend to get gouged pretty good by better offences. Still a work in progress.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think fans here are overestimating the defense a wee bit. Have they played pretty well overall? Yes. Are they improved over recent years? Considerably.
But they are still inconsistent, and tend to get gouged pretty good by better offences. Still a work in progress.

Nobodies saying they're the 01 Ravens. The biggest thing said was that they're the main reason we've won 10, going on 11, games this season and that it's been the passing game that's holding this team back this year at this point

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heh, do you live to take slaps at my posts? Count me among those not comparing them to the '01 Ravens. I agree with your points, but they're different than mine.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

If someone would have said that to me before the season, I probably would have broken a couple of ribs laughing.

D

Deleted member 6794

Before the season I was mainly concerned with the defensive side of thr ball. Nobody is saying the unit has been dominant but they currently rank 10th in points allowed. If somebody would have told me that before the season I would have expected the Packers to wrap up the #1 seed in the NFC weeks ago.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree that the defense is playing better than I expected them to based on the talent level of the unit. Maybe Capers isn't such a terrible coach after all as many posters here believe.
Maybe he isn't. I never thought they were littered with talent, but I thought they could play better in big situations. They sure have seemed to improve in that regard this year as well. But the offense has to really get things together or they will still have no shot.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I will not get off the fire Capers wagon until his defense can constantly get off the field against better offenses on 3 + 8. Tired of seeing a basketball court sized hole where his MLB oughta be and a crossing route gets 10-15 yards. (Yes I know there is no MLB in a 3-4)

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will not get off the fire Capers wagon until his defense can constantly get off the field against better offenses on 3 + 8. Tired of seeing a basketball court sized hole where his MLB oughta be and a crossing route gets 10-15 yards. (Yes I know there is no MLB in a 3-4)
Yeah, I don't understand that. It looks amateurish. I've been on the bandwagon since 2011, so I didn't jump off all of a sudden. The entire team looks in disarray against great teams, so I wouldn't put just him on the hot seat.

D

Deleted member 6794

I agree that I hate seeing teams convert long third downs against the Packers but great offenses make that work against other defenses as well.

The Packers defenses is average is conversions allowed on 3rd-and-5+ yards but leads the league in interceptions in those situations.

I'm not saying the defense has been dominant by any means but with the available talent Capers has done a nice job this season.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Yes, in this ‘up is down’, ‘through the looking glass’ season, the defense and STs have performed pretty well.
I will not get off the fire Capers wagon until his defense can constantly get off the field against better offenses on 3 + 8.
It’s more frustrating when the Packers allow a first down on 3rd and 10 vs. 3rd and 2 but overall the Packers’ D is pretty good on third down. In addition to what captainWIMM posted, according to nfl.com, they’re 10th in third down percentage. (In 2009 and 2010 they were 9th.) The D is also 10th in scoring and 9th in Football Outsiders’ DVOA rating. Pro Football Focus has a story up this week which lists the Packers secondary as third best in the league. None of this and no stat is absolutely definitive but the Packers’ D has done its part this season and I think it's reasonable to say the D is in the top third of NFL defenses. And yes, they’re not as good against very good offenses but in those games this season the Packers offense has not done its job in keeping up. How would the D, and the team overall have performed against the Broncos, Panthers, and Cardinals if the Packers offense would have played to its average over the past several seasons?

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the thing, TJV. If someone would have told me before the season that the defense would be top ten in points allowed, then with the offence even reasonably approaching expectations I'd have thought we'd be at least 13-2.

Members online

Latest posts