rodgers the hypocrite v2.3

Cobbosanlucas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hi guys. I'm a new member from Canada and would just like to weigh in with a few points.
I really feel for Aaron Rodgers. He looks demoralized. He's playing behind an injury-prone and inconsistent O-line. He has the worst receiving corps in the NFL. They cannot get open, and on those rare occasions whenthey do, they drop balls or let them pass right through their fingers. No quarterback in history could be successful in the same situation Rodgers finds himself in.
On a positive note, Clay Matthews is having another great season. Mike Daniels and the D-line have played quite well. Considering we have two rookie CB's, the pass defense hasn't been too bad.

I would really like to see Jeff Janis and Jared Abbrederis get more playing time as receivers. They can't possibly be worse than Davante Adams.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im not saying brady today, im saying brady as a whole. look at his whole career,he has ALWAYS made people better around him. and please no matter how much we are all packer backers we cannot deny that.

I thought the myth Brady has won with no talent was "debunked"? My bad.

Had one of the best Oline in the league for years. Check

Had a record setting WR. Check

Record setting TE. Check

Best slot WR in the league for years. Check.

Good defenses year in year out. Check

How did Brady win with no names?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought the myth Brady has won with no talent was "debunked"? My bad.

Had one of the best Oline in the league for years. Check

Had a record setting WR. Check

Record setting TE. Check

Best slot WR in the league for years. Check.

Good defenses year in year out. Check

How did Brady win with no names?
Moss came around in 2007, and Gronk in 2010. So he's has two of the most dominant players of their respective positions in league history for most of his career. No talent, what a joke.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Darryl, as much as i hate the patriots and EVERYTHING they stand for you cant sit there and tell me brady has not won with no names or no o line. Or even eli manning for that matter, they made their teams better

Neither has played behind an o line as bad as our was Sunday.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is not what I am saying at all, I am merely stating the fact that back then Rodgers should have played to build "trust" but fear of him getting hurt in pointless preseason games trumped the trust issues. And what I am saying now is it does not matter if we are home or away honestly this season so why not rest the starters for a week?

You're acting under the assumption we all automatically agree it doesn't matter if the Packer are home or away.

There's no doubt in my mind it's better for the Packers to be at Lambeau wildcard weekend, regardless of opponent, than in Washington.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Moss came around in 2007, and Gronk in 2010. So he's has two of the most dominant players of their respective positions in league history for most of his career. No talent, what a joke.

How long was Moss there (and what was the result)? How many SBs did he win before Gronk got there? Let's get all the cards on the table. Also, need some objective, rather than subjective, evaluations of the Oline and defense before getting into that.

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How long was Moss there (and what was the result)? How many SBs did he win before Gronk got there? Let's get all the cards on the table. Also, need some objective, rather than subjective, evaluations of the Oline and defense before getting into that.
If you win 3 SBs during your first 4 years as a starter, it's unlikely that it is because you are "The Best QB ever". It is because he had an excellent supporting cast and everyone did their job when it mattered.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

How many SBs has he won while being anything more than a game manager?

He's a great QB but the idea he's elevated all these teams to championships that lacked talent is silly. It's like saying Rodgers elevated everyone in 2010 neglecting our #2 overall D, ignoring how good Jennings, JJ, and Jordy were during the PO run, how Starks was the key to the Philly game and how he played poorly against Chicago.

NOBODY wins a SB with a weak supporting cast

desertdog55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not really sure of the point the OP is trying to make...but my guess is, that he is not a fan of AR.
1. I'll take my chances at home verses on the road, REGARDLESS of who we play....(common sense)
2. AR has had a down year....but I would absolutely have him over any QB in the league.....even BRADY.
3. This is just a silly topic, and I just wasted 3 minutes of my valuable time to bother to post a response.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you win 3 SBs during your first 4 years as a starter, it's unlikely that it is because you are "The Best QB ever". It is because he had an excellent supporting cast and everyone did their job when it mattered.

Darn, here I always thought Starr was the best QB ever because of the 5-for-7. Now I guess I have find who really is the GOAT. Please let me know the criteria.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How many SBs has he won while being anything more than a game manager?

He's a great QB but the idea he's elevated all these teams to championships that lacked talent is silly. It's like saying Rodgers elevated everyone in 2010 neglecting our #2 overall D, ignoring how good Jennings, JJ, and Jordy were during the PO run, how Starks was the key to the Philly game and how he played poorly against Chicago.

NOBODY wins a SB with a weak supporting cast

Wait, wasn't I addressing the specifics of Moss and Gronk? If we're looking at other aspects, please list, and I'll try to address those, too. By the way, as I asked of another poster, if the argument is that Brady isn't near the top of the GOAT list, who is, and what puts them there?

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Darn, here I always thought Starr was the best QB ever because of the 5-for-7. Now I guess I have find who really is the GOAT. Please let me know the criteria.
Right, let's discount the other 21 starters.
Not really sure of the point the OP is trying to make...but my guess is, that he is not a fan of AR.
1. I'll take my chances at home verses on the road, REGARDLESS of who we play....(common sense)
2. AR has had a down year....but I would absolutely have him over any QB in the league.....even BRADY.
3. This is just a silly topic, and I just wasted 3 minutes of my valuable time to bother to post a response.
People are so fickle about the QB position. Rodgers has been the clear cut best player in the league the past few years, then Brady's team wins the SB with the best TE in league history off of an odd goal line interception, and now he is the best. Whoever wins the next SB will have the best QB in the league. People just can't seem to accept that there is more to a football team than just the QB.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wait, wasn't I addressing the specifics of Moss and Gronk? If we're looking at other aspects, please list, and I'll try to address those, too. By the way, as I asked of another poster, if the argument is that Brady isn't near the top of the GOAT list, who is, and what puts them there?

Never said Brady wasn't one of the best ever. Just that the argument that" he's won so many games with little talent around him" is false

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there any real difference between winning the first playoff game and losing the second vs. losing the first playoff game. Is there anyone here still operating under the illusion that this team can somehow contend for a title this season?
I'm not so sure we can't. We have tape on these teams. If we see their weakeness and exploit them and correct our own mistakes we can beat all of them all, if the health of line improves a bit. We did WIN 10 games.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well that the cheating the video taping.......

net

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your original post is laughable and the gloating today is even more so. Rodgers doesn't make the decision to play, if healthy, THE COACHING STAFF MAKES THE DECISION. THEY didn't want him to play. Rodgers has had a mediocre season. But folks like you seem to think you have some great insight, when in reality, your statements are based in zero knowledge of the facts. Rodgers is having a lousy year because his offensive line is having a lousy year. Also, as good as Rodgers is, he can't do it alone. He has had little support from the tight end position(save a couple of plays), Adams isn't much, and Cobb has been double-teamed all season. Lacy is one buffalo chicken wing away from another career and James Starks thinks fumbling will get you in the Hall of Fame. You can tell Aaron's spirit is down, but it's like trying to build a house with only one hand, a hammer and a saw.
P.S. Yet again, the defense sucks, but Capers won't pay the price.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
I was going to wait and see if this thread had any foundation before gracing it with my presence. However, we could get well into Rodgers' 3rd retirement before something gurgled to the surface...so...here I am, all dressed up and nowhere to go. Guys like me, you can dress 'em up, they clean up nicely, but you still can't take 'em anywhere.

How about the woman who damn near beat her boyfriend to death with a lamp for farting in bed?

Sky King

Reaction score
I was going to wait and see if this thread had any foundation before gracing it with my presence. However, we could get well into Rodgers' 3rd retirement before something gurgled to the surface...so...here I am, all dressed up and nowhere to go. Guys like me, you can dress 'em up, they clean up nicely, but you still can't take 'em anywhere.

How about the woman who damn near beat her boyfriend to death with a lamp for farting in bed?
You may have fired-up many a woman and caused severe paranoia for men on this forum with that newsy bit. :unsure:

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Thank you, your majesty :roflmao:

Rick 12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let's face it this is not the best team we had the last 5 or 6 years !

Members online

Latest posts