rodgers the hypocrite v2.3

OP
OP
D

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i think Washington is bad match up...besides we know minny better

But it doesnt matter, its up to the coaches to decide..and I would be willing to bet if you asked 10,000 players coaches, fans who they want to play and 99.95% would say Minny only .05 % would say Washington

and how is washington a bad matchup against us? you stop jackson then who is number two in general in the pecking order? remember they played the nfc twice so the competition wasnt overyly great

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
james jones with carr in his first year? and jennings with cassel and tannehill throwing to him?? your point is making no sense. they are not even mentioned with rodgers, eli, brady, big ben etc

Its not making sense to you? Sorry bout that. You missed bridgewater btw

Great QBs make other players around them better, and thats been the case with Rodgers as well.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
and how is washington a bad matchup against us? you stop jackson then who is number two in general in the pecking order? remember they played the nfc twice so the competition wasnt overyly great

Jordan is on fire as of late 86 catches

Garcon averaging 10 yards per 69 catches

jackson---30 catches this year

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
So back on 8/28/15 when I originally called Rodgers a hypocrite for not playing during preseason games and i was lambasted for such an atrocious thought due to concerns about him being a true team player and trying to help the team where do all of the responders stand now??
I don't know if I responded then but are you seriously saying Rodgers is a hypocrite because the HC didn't want him playing in a preseason game? You think that has something to do with what happened today? Did you notice the play of the OL? In sum, you were wrong then and you still are.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Preseason games mean literally nothing ... Except to test those players that are on The "border" ... How many times have you Seem teams go 4-0 in The preseason only to see those same teams go 2-14 to 6-10 or similar in The regular season ?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how do you even talk football with someone that can't see the difference between playing in January, for a #3 seed, a division title, and better positioning for the playoffs and a preseason game used for player evaluation?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
See my prev post, being at home for playoffs is much better than being on the road..

To be very frank..sitting anyone next week is a horrible idea

Devil's advocate here, but is a 3 seed home game vs. Minnesota necessarily any more preferable than a 5 seed game at Washington? Our performance this season and home losses vs. Chicago and Detroit might suggest it's really not. One might also suggest that our biggest playoff run in recent memory (albeit a different team) all came on the road.

I get that we want to win the division, it's an accomplishment, pride thing, bragging rights in the division, whatever you want to call it. Nice for the community and local economy to play another home game too. I'm just not sure it actually does give us an easier route through the playoffs.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Devil's advocate here, but is a 3 seed home game vs. Minnesota necessarily any more preferable than a 5 seed game at Washington? Our performance this season and home losses vs. Chicago and Detroit might suggest it's really not. One might also suggest that our biggest playoff run in recent memory (albeit a different team) all came on the road.

I get that we want to win the division, it's an accomplishment, pride thing, bragging rights in the division, whatever you want to call it. Nice for the community and local economy to play another home game too. I'm just not sure it actually does give us an easier route through the playoffs.

I agree...

You play like they did yesterday in Arizona, does it necessarily matter who you play and where? It was basically a neutral field with the Packers fans and yet it was a curb stomping.

In fact I would rather play Cousins, he is prone to mistakes which Capers is very good at. His defenses are known to take full advantage of sub-par quarterback play especially those prone to mistakes. (look at his record vs cutler). At least teddy is athletic and protects the ball. Only 8 ints all year. Plus Peterson is a headache if he gets going.

The only thing that worries me about Washington is their strength in Jordan reed is our weakness with Ryan out there playing. The guy is beginning to get picked on quite a bit lately.

Last edited:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I know you're being the devil's advocate, but playing to lose at this point in the year is a terrible mindset to have. I don't care what route it gives you. You either play to win or you become the Detroit Lions. Losers play for draft positions and "easier" games.

OP
OP
D

Dieseljunkie12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know if I responded then but are you seriously saying Rodgers is a hypocrite because the HC didn't want him playing in a preseason game? You think that has something to do with what happened today? Did you notice the play of the OL? In sum, you were wrong then and you still are.

That is not what I am saying at all, I am merely stating the fact that back then Rodgers should have played to build "trust" but fear of him getting hurt in pointless preseason games trumped the trust issues. And what I am saying now is it does not matter if we are home or away honestly this season so why not rest the starters for a week?

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Devil's advocate here, but is a 3 seed home game vs. Minnesota necessarily any more preferable than a 5 seed game at Washington?
Is there any real difference between winning the first playoff game and losing the second vs. losing the first playoff game. Is there anyone here still operating under the illusion that this team can somehow contend for a title this season?

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know you're being the devil's advocate, but playing to lose at this point in the year is a terrible mindset to have. I don't care what route it gives you. You either play to win or you become the Detroit Lions. Losers play for draft positions and "easier" games.

Sure, I agree.

I'm just saying from a purely tactical standpoint..say we did the unthinkable, rested all our starters at a time when we really need it, conceded the division, gave ourselves 2 weeks to rest up and prepare for Washington and try to figure out what's wrong, would we be any worse off?
I realize it's a terrible mindset and that we won't do it, but the more we've been trying, the worse we've become and more banged up we've become. We'll keep on fighting, but we're most likely walking into our own doom.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there any real difference between winning the first playoff game and losing the second vs. losing the first playoff game. Is there anyone here still operating under the illusion that this team can somehow contend for a title this season?

Well, I'd hope no matter how true that may be, we still hope to go as far as we can. Crazy things happen. I know yesterday's game wasn't close, but after the Daniels pick, if we converted that 3rd down, we're probably looking at 10-7 instead of 17-0 at the half despite how bad we played.

You just really never know. Every game is its own animal. We really had no business winning in Detroit. Nor would we have had any winning in Carolina but almost pulled a similar miracle there.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You may be shocked! But I 100% agree...

The only plausible scenario I see for the Packers making it. (Not even sure if it could work out this way) Play Washington, Carolina then Seattle at home.

Still have to play a billion times better than yesterday... BUT I could see it as plausible. Sadly I still won't feel like they are the best team. Just got the best matchups.

Sky King

Reaction score
Perhaps they have a puncher's chance to win a game or two. Anything more than that would be a pleasant surprise.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there anyone here still operating under the illusion that this team can somehow contend for a title this season?

We're in the playoffs now whether we like it or not lol. Might as well keep on hoping.

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're in the playoffs now whether we like it or not lol. Might as well keep on hoping.

Exactly, we're fans, we have to at least keep hoping we have a chance as long as we're still alive, no matter how slim the chances appear to be, don't we?

Put it this way, at the beginning of the season we were 1 of 32 teams with a chance to win the Super Bowl. No sense giving up now that we're 1 of 12.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly, we're fans, we have to at least keep hoping we have a chance as long as we're still alive, no matter how slim the chances appear to be, don't we?

Put it this way, at the beginning of the season we were 1 of 32 teams with a chance to win the Super Bowl. No sense giving up now that we're 1 of 12.

If only the odds were truly 1 of 12... Vegas has us 20/1 behind teams that haven't locked a playoff spot yet... And I think that is being generous after last night lol

But I agree when the game comes on... I'll be cheering GPB. But likely at a bar, just in case.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If only the odds were truly 1 of 12... Vegas has us 20/1 behind teams that haven't locked a playoff spot yet... And I think that is being generous after last night lol

But I agree when the game comes on... I'll be cheering GPB. But likely at a bar, just in case.

Well yeah, our chances don't look great, but we're in the playoffs. No way out of it now. It's too late to tank for a draft pick or anything. We're just in. There's no point in giving up now when the only way out of this crap season is forwardddddd!!!!!

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
[caution personal anecdote approaching] Before the game yesterday I told my wife and a couple of friends that goal #1 for the Packers, the Badgers basketball team (they play Purdue Tuesday) and the Badgers football team (they play the Trojans Wednesday) is to not get embarrassed.[/personal anecdote] That’s a very unusual circumstance for these three teams over the last decade or so and I bring it up because that was the level of my expectations for the Packers as they were about to play one of the three best teams in the NFC. Of course ‘lightening could strike’ and everything could have gone the Packers way but that was very unlikely and it didn't so they failed in that goal yesterday. In the playoffs of course they could have a miraculous game but after watching this season IMO anyone who believes they can string three such games together is fooling themselves.

Of course I’ll be cheering them on and I’ll watch the games to the end no matter what, as I have for the last 55 years or so (believe it or not, I’ve missed one game over that span). That includes every game during the post Lombardi, pre Wolf era. So it’s not a question of being a fan or hoping they’ll win. It’s a question of expectations. For example, look at the OL. The way they played at the end of last season was one of the reasons for the championship expectations going into this season. But lingering injuries have decimated the unit and exhibit A for that is Josh Sitton: He hasn't missed a game and is the rock of the OL: He's the best, most consistent of the unit. But lingering injuries have limited him to the extent he’s holding far more than usual. Those lingering injuries and the lack of even one adequate backup OT won’t be cured in the next month. So of course cheer like crazy and hope for the best. But there’s nothing wrong with recognizing the odds of three consecutive miracles happening…

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
[caution personal anecdote approaching] So of course cheer like crazy and hope for the best. But there’s nothing wrong with recognizing the odds of three consecutive miracles happening…

Would you really see it as a miracle to beat Washington away? Or Seattle or Minnesota at home (both of whom we have beat)? I don't even see beating Carolina as a miracle realistically. AZ on the other hand... I think would truly be a miracle.

Cobbosanlucas

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is not a QB in the NFL that would be effective behind the swinging gates OL we are trotting out on the field. Not to mention the pathetic receiving corps. AR still makes throws no other QB in the league can make or would even try to make. Look at the QB's this weekend with astronomical stats like Cousins,Bortles and Fitzpatrick..would you take any of those guys over Rodgers? I wouldn't..but I would take their OL's and receiver corps over GB's in a nanosecond

Members online

Latest posts