1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

rodgers the hypocrite v2.3

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by Dieseljunkie12, Dec 27, 2015.

1. Dieseljunkie12

Dieseljunkie12 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +21
    So back on 8/28/15 when I originally called Rodgers a hypocrite for not playing during preseason games and i was lambasted for such an atrocious thought due to concerns about him being a true team player and trying to help the team where do all of the responders stand now?? You all did not want him to play because it was pointless games, now come playoff time and the lambeau mystique all it gone why is he even playing and not resting??? This of course is assuming he is not benched errrr i mean rested.What is the rationale for him playing??? Our playoff seeding is all but pretty much determined at this point so why are we not starting tolzien, crockett janis abbrederis quarless walker barclay banjo goodson bradford thomas etc. Please..... those that responded and told me how wrong i was for such a negative opinion of our fearless leader tell me why he is and all of the regular starters are playing next week against the vikings??

2. thisisnate

thisisnate Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +507
    Since you presented your case in such an objective, non-argumentative way, and since I totally couldn't hear your back patting, I am sure you'll get a lot of good responses.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. azrsx05

azrsx05 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    Um. Because we are either 3rd or 5th seed. After what happens next week

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Quientus

Quientus Oenophile

Ratings:
    +33
    Take a step back, pause, go out - enjoy The nature, go to a party - Then come back and repost ...

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. Dr.Jackanapes

Dr.Jackanapes Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    What does AR playing next week or not have to do with him being a hypocrite? I have to imagine that decision isn't in his job description.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. red4tribe

red4tribe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +437
    Seeding isn't determined yet, win next week and we're #3, lose and we're #5.

However, I can agree to an extent that Rodgers' demeanor has been disappointing this year, although I wouldn't go as far as to call him a hypocrite. There has been a little bit of finger pointing, and his body language on the field has been awful.

7. Darryl Tincknell

Darryl Tincknell Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +24
    There is not a QB in the NFL that would be effective behind the swinging gates OL we are trotting out on the field. Not to mention the pathetic receiving corps. AR still makes throws no other QB in the league can make or would even try to make. Look at the QB's this weekend with astronomical stats like Cousins,Bortles and Fitzpatrick..would you take any of those guys over Rodgers? I wouldn't..but I would take their OL's and receiver corps over GB's in a nanosecond

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +3,485
    here is his link

https://www.packerforum.com/threads/aaron-rodgers-the-hypocrite.61731/#post-620510

Diesel is claiming Rodgers wanted all WR to play as much as possible..But Rodgers didnt play in a pre season game..So Diesel was wondering why Rodgers could sit out but others couldnt.

But now--Rodgers and the Packers have a chance at a home game or a away playoff game..

I am guessing, Rodgers and team want a home game, so Rodgers plays..

Not sure where you are going with this Diesel

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Quientus

Quientus Oenophile

Ratings:
    +33
    Favre skipped some OTAs late in his last years with GB ... Didn't Seem to effect that much ... Rodgers skipping preseason games means zero ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. LarrysCrookedFinger

LarrysCrookedFinger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +115
    It was a COACHING DECISION.

11. Dieseljunkie12

Ratings:
    +21

I have taken many a step back, I just got to enjoy my first christmas with my 5 month old daughter,i recently started talking to my brother again (this is a lifetime movie apparently) and realized packers football is something i cannot control. However in the past 5-10 posts in response to my original thread not one person has given me a valid argument of why come next sunday we start all of our 1st teamers. I specifically asked what the difference is between games that dont matter (preseason) and postseason where home field has lost of its muster?

12. Dieseljunkie12

Ratings:
    +21
    And, longtimefan when I said all but determined i was taking into account the aforementioned fact that home field is not really home field for us this season especially. Based on records and stats it does not matter at all of we are home or away first round of the playoffs.

13. Dieseljunkie12

Ratings:
    +21
    Darryl, as much as i hate the patriots and EVERYTHING they stand for you cant sit there and tell me brady has not won with no names or no o line. Or even eli manning for that matter, they made their teams better

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,485
    The valid argument is we play at home if we win---the worse losses came on the road...so at home is better odds to win

15. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,485
    See my prev post, being at home for playoffs is much better than being on the road..

To be very frank..sitting anyone next week is a horrible idea

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. Dieseljunkie12

Ratings:
    +21
    it doesnt matter if we lose by 1 or 100 home or away longtime, a loss is a loss. you are valid in the fact we are 5-2 home and 5-3 away. winning percentage sure we are better but as far as good team playing not so much.

17. Dieseljunkie12

Ratings:
    +21
    not a horrible idea at all, you guys all said i was special in my thoughts that savior should play during the preseason but fear of him getting hurt over rode that. got it, i was severely out numbered. we as whole are just about as good away as home, 1st round bye is gone so why not rest some guys at this point?

18. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,485
    because we have a better chance at home.. you know we do...would you rather play at Washington or have Vikings come to GB 2 weeks in a row?

Ill take my chance at home

not sure anyone would want GB to travel

19. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,485
    because we have a better chance at home.. you know we do...would you rather play at Washington or have Vikings come to GB 2 weeks in a row?

Ill take my chance at home

not sure anyone would want GB to travel

20. Twiddlemylobes

Twiddlemylobes Fat Tuesday Orleans

Ratings:
    +522
    You're obviously inferring that Brady could've replaced Aaron today and somehow turned the tide into our favor?? Really???? I don't buy that for one second

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. Dieseljunkie12

Ratings:
    +21
    im not saying brady today, im saying brady as a whole. look at his whole career,he has ALWAYS made people better around him. and please no matter how much we are all packer backers we cannot deny that.

22. Dieseljunkie12

Ratings:
    +21
    i think matchups matter more than location, washington is a better matchup for us in green bay, washington or new zealand. there are just some teams we struggle against and it does not matter where or when.

23. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,273
    I would say that about all great QBs. Rodgers can say that. James Jones and Greg Jennings come to mind

24. longtimefan

Ratings:
    +3,485
    i think Washington is bad match up...besides we know minny better

But it doesnt matter, its up to the coaches to decide..and I would be willing to bet if you asked 10,000 players coaches, fans who they want to play and 99.95% would say Minny only .05 % would say Washington

25. Dieseljunkie12

Ratings:
    +21
    james jones with carr in his first year? and jennings with cassel and tannehill throwing to him?? your point is making no sense. they are not even mentioned with rodgers, eli, brady, big ben etc

26. PackerDNA

PackerDNA Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +942
    It doesn't matter , period . This team is going nowhere.