Rodgers Rips Mark Sanchez

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Are these the photos he is referring to?

http://blacksportsonline.com/home/2...cover-of-gq-says-he-wanted-to-fight-rex-ryan/

To be fair, the photos are, in fact, terrible. Though these type of things come with the territory of being the face of a franchise. Why hasn't Rodgers found his way onto the cover of GQ and other magazines following a Super Bowl winning season?
"It's just not my style. I like my anonymity, I like my privacy. I like to be the quarterback during the week and, in the offseason, be able to do what I want to do and not be in the public eye."
Dig it.

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Now let's be honest, those pictures DO look terrible!

Rodgers gets a 2 thumbs up for not doing that dumb ****, and also he don't date 17 year old girls.

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"It's just not my style. I like my anonymity, I like my privacy. I like to be the quarterback during the week and, in the offseason, be able to do what I want to do and not be in the public eye."

Good. I have all of the respect in the world for him when he made that statement. Rodgers goes out and plays football, not pose for GQ, throw a tantrum over his coach and obsess over teenage girls.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It wasn't quite like this. I was listening to the interview.

What happens is Wilde was interviewing Rodgers, and then he starts talking about how he, reading GQ, kept thinking this Packers team didn't do much commercials after winning the SB, Rodgers in particular, to which Rodgers responder that he was appalled Wilde thought of it while reading GQ. That THAT was embarassing.

He didn't rip Sanchez in specific, though that certainly came with the remark.

GreenBayGal

Cheese Goddess
Reaction score

What happens is Wilde was interviewing Rodgers, and then he starts talking about how he, reading GQ, kept thinking this Packers team didn't do much commercials after winning the SB, Rodgers in particular, to which Rodgers responder that he was appalled Wilde thought of it while reading GQ. That THAT was embarassing.

Ha! Funny how the press will twist situations for entertainment value.

okcpackerfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Mark Sanchez acts like an immature, cocky, little boy that doesn't have the talent to back it up. I have never liked him to be honest, I think he is a Mat Leinhart clone with slightly better ability. They never seem to put in the work ethic (from what i see and hear) and just want to goof around and apparently try to fight coaches. In the article it says "thats what you want to see out of your quarterback" - no. You don't want to see someone trying to shove the other QB out of a huddle and trying to fight the head coach, :sigh the media is just sad.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Wonder if Rodgers was jealous? lol

But that one pic of Mark is stupid...The one in the black shirt way up in the stadium..

I can hear all the "Rodger" haters now...Blasting him for speaking the truth

OP
OP
Bogart

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I think it's funny, but at the same time ridiculous.

Sanchesse may be a pretty boy, but he won't ever get what Rodgers has; a ring!

Maybe it's just me but if I was an NFL quarterback, won a Super Bowl I'd go knock up a super model too like Brady which is why I give him the exception i normally never give to NE lol

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There must be something in the water the Jets QB drinks that effects them every 30-40 years or so.
First you had Broadway Joe even wearing pantyhose for corn's sake!
And now you got this guy.
Maybe it's just me but I see history repeating itself here.

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am definitely in the minority, but i don't see what other women see in Brady? To me, he is not good looking. I am not trying to be biased , because i am a Packer fan. I just don't he is good looking. Mark isn't that good looking either.

I know i am going to catch heat for this , but I always thought Favre is hot. Aaron to. Kurt Warner and Mark Burnell were kinda cute too.

Mr. StyleZ

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

I lost a little bit of respect for Wilde on this. He kinda set Aaron up. He knows Aaron well enough to know how he would respond. Wilde can act surprised all he wants at the reaction this is getting, but he knew what he was doing. I bet the shows gonna get a TON of listeners next week eh?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I lost a little bit of respect for Wilde on this. He kinda set Aaron up. He knows Aaron well enough to know how he would respond. Wilde can act surprised all he wants at the reaction this is getting, but he knew what he was doing. I bet the shows gonna get a TON of listeners next week eh?
Never thought of him as being able to do such thing...

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This whole situation reminds me of when ARod(yankee's) posed for a magazine and got heat for it. Especially when he kissed a mirror, if i remember that right.

Members online

Latest posts