Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm reading that Matthew Stafford was a possible QB for the Jets to trade for as well. However, his guaranteed money ($57M) all kicked in on Friday, so he most likely is a Ram for another season. In this situation, maybe it was a good thing Rodgers dragged his heels until last Friday on making his decision.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im not saying Rodgers wouldnt agree to play for rhe Dolphins or the Dolphins wouldn't trade for him.

But obviously that cant even begin to happen til Rodgers agrees to it. And I dont think he would at this point. Especially after Lazard signed to play with him. Could the Dolphins tradeca puck and then hope to convince him to show up, I guess so but that wouldn't be a wise move to bet against Rodgers stubbornness

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Im not saying Rodgers wouldnt agree to play for rhe Dolphins or the Dolphins wouldn't trade for him.

But obviously that cant even begin to happen til Rodgers agrees to it. And I dont think he would at this point. Especially after Lazard signed to play with him. Could the Dolphins tradeca puck and then hope to convince him to show up, I guess so but that wouldn't be a wise move to bet against Rodgers stubbornness
Cobb is still unsigned, he'll follow ARod to Miami and Lazard is just a casualty of doing business. They will see each twice a season.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

The wild card is Hackett. if he wasn’t a jet does Rodgers really want to go there?

I say he doesnt

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I have seen numerous people here and elsewhere make snide comments that Gute and Ball shouldn’t have gave him that contract

Those SAME people are complaining that they shouldnt take less then so and so

Of Rodgers wouldn’t been re done last year, then how would those people feel?

D

Deleted member 6794

Wait a moment, Tauscher is suggesting that Rodgers should have gone to the front office and told them to play Love. That's utter nonsense.

What we are seeing off the field over the last 3 years, is why I think Gute and the Packers drafted Love, the marriage has finally gotten past the point where the good things one does for the other, just don't outweigh the negatives.

I believe the Packers drafting Love resulted in the relationship between Rodgers and the front office turning for the worse.

In the meantime tell the Jets we’re about to offer Miami a Rodgers AND Aaron Jones offer they can’t refuse. Expect Miami to shoot to a top 5 Offense instantly so don’t say we didn’t warn you first!

The Dolphins will be picking up Tagovailoa's fifth year option. They aren't in the market for a quarterback.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tua is a concussion away from being out of the league...the Dolphins could absolutely have been one of the teams Rodgers implied were interested along with the Raiders and Jets.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Haha there's no way dude, that ship has sailed. Well at least I believe there is no way Rodgers would do that

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Haha there's no way dude, that ship has sailed. Well at least I believe there is no way Rodgers would do that
Why is there no way that Rodgers could become a Dolphin, or for that matter, a Raider or a member of a team other than the Jets or Packers? The trade with the Jets hasn't happened and there are no guarantees that it will. So, if the 2 teams can't come to an agreement, another team makes a better offer or the Jets move on and sign another QB, Rodgers wouldn't be a Jet in 2023.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is there no way that Rodgers could become a Dolphin, or for that matter, a Raider or a member of a team other than the Jets or Packers? The trade with the Jets hasn't happened and there are no guarantees that it will. So, if the 2 teams can't come to an agreement, another team makes a better offer or the Jets move on and sign another QB, Rodgers wouldn't be a Jet in 2023.

Packers aren't an option either. The only team he is willing to play for at this point is the New York Jets

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Did you watch/listen to his appearance on Macafee?
I did. However, I didn't hear him say that the only team he will play for is the Jets. What I did hear him say was this: "I made it clear my intention was to play and to play for the New York Jets." Your statement and his are not the same.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I did. However, I didn't hear him say that the only team he will play for is the Jets. What I did hear him say was this: "I made it clear my intention was to play and to play for the New York Jets." Your statement and his are not the same.

Ok...I bet you they are

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Ok...I bet you they are
Bet me that the Jets are the ONLY team Rodgers will play for? How do you intend to prove that?

Again, there is a difference between Rodgers saying he intends to play for the Jets and you saying that the Jets are the only team he is willing to play for.

Now if you are taking bets on what team Rodgers ends up playing for in 2023, what odds are you giving?

I could be wrong, but I think during the Pat M. show Rodgers said it would have been fun to play with the Raiders.

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bet me that the Jets are the ONLY team Rodgers will play for? How do you intend to prove that?

Again, there is a difference between Rodgers saying he intends to play for the Jets and you saying that the Jets are the only team he is willing to play for.

Now if you are taking bets on what team Rodgers ends up playing for in 2023, what odds are you giving?

I could be wrong, but I think during the Pat M. show Rodgers said it would have been fun to play with the Raiders.

Youre correct in political speak saying you "intend" to do something leaves the door open for you to not do it and then say, well I intended to, it just didn't work out.

But if Rodgers did that to Lazard after talking about the Packers not doing things the right way...idk

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Youre correct in political speak saying you "intend" to do something leaves the door open for you to not do it and then say, well I intended to, it just didn't work out.

But if Rodgers did that to Lazard after talking about the Packers not doing the things the right way...idk
Might not be Rodgers choice, if the 2 teams can't agree on a trade.

You are correct though he is definitely immunized from being wrong. ;)

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It'll always be Rodgers choice, could some team trade a conditional pick for him in hopes they can convince him to show up. Sure, anythings possible but the reality is Rodgers has all the leverage in this situation. Unless you really think they're gonna allow another Favre situation to occur

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts