Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
The Rogers apologists won't read this and if they do, many will probably just skim it, their minds already made up, that it isn't anything but fake news. Reminds me of a few politicians, always wanting to spin the narrative, play the victim and blame others.

Lots of good stuff in that article and as Ben Solak alluded to and TT nailed..."Aaron Rodgers is a complicated fella."

Last edited:

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure why people think the Jets aren't screwed if this falls through

They benched their qb
Packers have theirs
Not a lot of options out there
June 1st is on Packers favor

You're correct that the Jets are all in with Rodgers. No real options left other than maybe a rookie with that #13 pick.

But how's that gonna make the Packers look? Rodgers has already started with the pr campaign "do right by a aging face of the frachise" or whatever he said

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wonder if there is a team lurking out there following all of this and on draft day if things don't fall their way in the 1st round they swoop in and offer a 2nd rounder for AR.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
But how's that gonna make the Packers look? Rodgers has already started with the pr campaign "do right by a aging face of the frachise" or whatever he said
Will make them look like smart businessmen, if they end up getting something more than the Jets are currently offering. Where it blows up in their face, is if the Jets decide to pursue another QB and nobody wants Rodgers, including the Packers.

Gute may have an ace up his sleeve if he has had conversations with other teams and know that there still is a team or 2 that would take Rodgers, at the right price.

Magooch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The threat of not consummating the trade til after June 1st doesnt benefit the Packers much, youre correct. However it sure would throw a wrench in the Jets offseason and I would think it would be enough to get a pick or two in the 2023 draft. Since their time with Rodgers is gonna be limited I'd bet they want to get started right away in order to make the most of it
That's the kicker for me. We have until Sept. 1 IIRC to pay Rodgers' option (if it comes to that). That would suck for us....but it would be just as bad if not worse for the Jets.

They seem to think they are just a QB away from being contenders, they think their "window" is open now. And you want to maximize that window as effectively as you can. IMO the last thing they want is to go through the draft and entire offseason without having any clarity as to who will be their QB1 once the season rolls around.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Rodgers would favor June 1st so he doesn't need to go to ota's
He won't need to go to OTA's he is a veteran and knows everything. Those OTA things are just for rookies and guys who haven't learned the Jets playbook or interacted with other players. What a waste of time for a seasoned vet like Rodgers, won't make a bit of difference in the Jets season, some will even make a guarantee on that. Come on people, don't start bashing the soon to be New Jet, he doesn't need extra work, plus he already knows his #1 target Lazard. :rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::coffee::coffee::coffee:

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean haha yeah thats the game theyre gonna try to play but unfortunately Rodgers has stated he's not willing to play for the Packers any longer

Ultimately they might have to settle for a deal like @tynimiller suggested. Basically post June 1st and all conditional picks
I’d bet if it’s something like a 4th, we just wait. Other teams will have interest at a better level than that. Especially after teams don’t get players in the draft, someone falls off, gets hurt etc.

If not, it’s a chance I take. We don’t owe big buck option until fall. I’m fine playing chicken until then.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You're correct that the Jets are all in with Rodgers. No real options left other than maybe a rookie with that #13 pick.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I been saying this

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wonder if there is a team lurking out there following all of this and on draft day if things don't fall their way in the 1st round they swoop in and offer a 2nd rounder for AR.
I wonder if the Bears signed Tonyan, surely one of Rodgers preferred targets, for a reason... :D

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He won't need to go to OTA's he is a veteran and knows everything. Those OTA things are just for rookies and guys who haven't learned the Jets playbook or interacted with other players. What a waste of time for a seasoned vet like Rodgers, won't make a bit of difference in the Jets season, some will even make a guarantee on that. Come on people, don't start bashing the soon to be New Jet, he doesn't need extra work, plus he already knows his #1 target Lazard. :rolleyes: :rolleyes::rolleyes::coffee::coffee::coffee:
Yeah I mean he’s been so awesome right out of the chute the last two years LOL

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Had to laugh at this NY Post article. It was talking about who had more leverage to get the deal done.

"As this drags on, there also could be pressure on the Packers to do right by Rodgers, who delivered them a Super Bowl and is one of the greatest players in franchise history."

"A prolonged public battle is not going to play well in Green Bay."

I don't see the Packers caving "to do right by Rodgers". They might publicly say that, but I don't see Murphy or Gute saying "Hey, screw getting a 1st rounder, we need to make things right for Aaron."

Nor do I see a prolonged public battle bothering many Packer fans. The decision seems to have already been made, Rodgers isn't playing in Green Bay anymore. Let the Jets fans learn what waiting and wondering is all about when it comes to A-Rod, because this won't be the last time they will be scratching their collective heads, trying to figure out what is up with Aaron.

D

Deleted member 6794

Yeah I mean he’s been so awesome right out of the chute the last two years LOL

True, if Rodgers only showed up for OTAs in 2021 he could have been that much better than throwing for 37 TDs and only two interceptions after that week 1 fiasco against the Saints :rolleyes:

While he played terrible against them the whole team didn't show up for that game for some reason.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Why couldn’t he have stepped up and just said, ‘You know what guys, I know you guys want Jordan to play, and he deserves to play. I’ve been in those shoes. He should play. Let’s find a spot that I want to play at, you can get a little comp back, and let’s move forward with our lives.’

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I mean why cant we say the same thing about the Packers FO? I believe the burden there lies with the employer not the employee. The employee trades time (priceless) for money (printed) while the employer trades money (printed) for time (priceless) Who's always getting the better end of that deal?

MadCat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why couldn’t he have done lots of things? Why couldn’t they FO have done lots of things? Easy to say now.

Ooooooh, he’s soft and nonconfrontational. I can hardly stand the drama.

He’s gone. Why can’t that be good enough? Seriously, who even gives a **** at this point?

thequick12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully Love's gonna be good and I think he will be. Also like Rodgers learned from some of Favres bad habits, ints. Perhaps Love has learned from some of Rodgers bad habits...

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully Love's gonna be good and I think he will be. Also like Rodgers learned from some of Favres bad habits, ints. Perhaps Love has learned from some of Rodgers bad habits...

I’ll say this much Love the man is an excellent source of behavior for young ones, close to his family and for what it is worth a man of much self reflection and spiritual.

I don’t go the religious route here as of course not the place but love and I have shared something in common for more than a decade now. Up till at least last season to on his one wrist you’ll see sometimes one and sometimes two I Am Second wristbands. It’s a life dedicated the acknowledgement and acceptance of placing yourself second to Christ, and that which he places before you daily. I wear mine as a constant reminder because without the reminder I’d be a worse human than I already am.

I am in no way saying Rodgers was a bad man, but Love in every chance I’ve had to observe him from way back in college, old tapes further and his time in GB - he is IMO pursuing a much better version of a man I’d want to be and it isn’t one that enjoys the echo of his own voice quite so much.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I mean why cant we say the same thing about the Packers FO? I believe the burden there lies with the employer not the employee. The employee trades time (priceless) for money (printed) while the employer trades money (printed) for time (priceless) Who's always getting the better end of that deal?
Because rodgers has already said that about the fo. If he is being truthfull, they didn't communicate?

Jason Wilde who has a solid foundation relationship with Aaron has said, he wasn't replying to the fo messages

Both are at fault for this much like Bretts end in Gb

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Because rodgers has already said that about the fo. If he is being truthfull, they didn't communicate?

Jason Wilde who has a solid foundation relationship with Aaron has said, he wasn't replying to the fo messages

Both are at fault for this much like Bretts end in Gb
Agree. I don't think anyone is blameless here. Something that Gute and the Packers didn't recognize is that Rodgers is not your "ordinary" football player, that just rolls with what their employer decides.

Rodgers came into the NFL with a chip on his shoulder, after he was drafted #24 and not #1. As he made his mark and became a top QB in the NFL and proved he should have been the #1 pick in 2005, his ego grew along side his value to the Packers. Really, since the final few years of McCarthy and TT being around, Rodgers decided he had earned enough clout and that he could/wanted to direct and dictate more than what most players are allowed/able to do in the NFL.

I get the feeling that when Gute and then MLF took over, Rodgers suddenly had a different situation and instead of seeing where he was in the franchise, he pressed even harder and began to be critical of how the Packers treated players.

Many ask "Why did Gute draft Love in 2020, when we had Rodgers?" I think we are seeing just why the move was made. Gute and others probably felt the build-up of Rodgers pressing the team and trying to invoke any clout that he had earned as a Packer, they sensed a divorce was imminent. 2020, Covid and 2021 changed that. Love got no preseason games in 2020, very little playing time in his 2 years and Rodgers would end up winning back to back MVP's. Some fans point to that as being "proof" that Gute and the Packers were wrong about Rodgers and should have never drafted Love. I would agree, if you think they based the drafting of Love solely on expecting Rodgers game to decline. What we are seeing off the field over the last 3 years, is why I think Gute and the Packers drafted Love, the marriage has finally gotten past the point where the good things one does for the other, just don't outweigh the negatives.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Not sure why people think the Jets aren't screwed if this falls through

They benched their qb
Packers have theirs
Not a lot of options out there
June 1st is on Packers favor
Absolutely. You can tell be the intensity of Jets supporters being angry that EVERYTHING is screwed this season unless Aaron Rodgers gets signed.
Short of maybe Brady coming out of retirement? Which I don’t think he’s going to step on Aaron’s toes with a Jets deal and he’d be smart to stay a mile away from that team IF a deal with Aaron falls through.

The Jets truly next best option is to start Zack Wilson and hope on a prayer that he improves. Anything short of a playoff run would be humiliating and I don’t believe the #13 overall is going to change a thing for the Jets this season.

That said, the harder Jets supporters push the opinion that Aaron isn’t worth a future Day 3 selection? The more they show in actions how bad they want Rodgers imo.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I think it’s a legitimate chance.

The thing we need to remember is that Sooner or later some other team will be sniffing for a starting caliber QB of Rodger’s stature.

In the meantime if Rodgers gets discouraged and retires? The Packers get what they wanted money wise.

The Jets might be asking for GB to eat a portion of the contract also. In that case, we can eat more money and just not trade him at all right now. All that is really doing is making us buy draft capital with more dead monies and that’s totally idiotic in our situation. It defeats everything we need to accomplish. Wash his contract.

IF that’s their offer I’d rather just give NY some time to either come up with trade value or walk away from this poor offer. In the meantime tell the Jets we’re about to offer Miami a Rodgers AND Aaron Jones offer they can’t refuse. Expect Miami to shoot to a top 5 Offense instantly so don’t say we didn’t warn you first!

Last edited: