Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I said Indy yesterday whe no one else mentioned it here
Neither Indy or San Fran own first round picks this year. So it would be tough to compete with Denver and Pittsburgh. Denver has the 9th pick, that is a pretty good opening for them.

I don't see a deal happening with the 49's at all. They just drafted Trey Lance, no 2022 first round and an NFC team.

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're only getting a 2-3% ROI, you're not using your money properly to be honest. If you have millions, that's fine, because the total available is high at that figure.

With $5 mill, I can guarantee you that I would be pulling down over 10% without batting an eye. It's all in where you put the money to work. To me, owning rental property is a good deal at this point. Buy low, renovate, rent high, and after it's showing huge profitability, sell for an arm and a leg, and watch how you made over 25% a year on the investment. The trick is to not become too attached to those nice rental payments, because they can end with a down swing.

With $1 mill, I can buy an old warehouse with good bones, and turn it into a yuppeeville paradise, and walk away doubling that money in just a short period of time.
Like I said you’ve got to avoid the snake oil salesmen LOL. Wanna know how all the athletes and lottery winners who wind up broke happened? They listened to “this”…. Sounds good… works fine… til it doesnt… your ROI should be more than 2-3% but you have to do this thing called inflation proofing your portfolio. You draw 10% you’ll be out of money in short order. But what do I know, that’s just my outlook from the beach in Hawaii LOL

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Look at all the contracts in the NFL with guaranteed money and get back to me. The Packers list just in itself is nuts.

In case you didn't know where to look or you think I am not telling the truth. Here is a site to look at....look under the column "G-Teed @sign". That is the guaranteed money. Be sure to scroll way down...past 600 players.

I understand why teams use them, but the fact that this kind of money can be guaranteed, shows you just how perverse the money has gotten in the NFL.
Yup a portion of their contracts are signing bonuses up front and at the 600 level it’s about $750K a year, and you’re looking at the top 1/3 of players good enough to be on an NFL roster. People saying “well yeah but they could go do something else after”…. Exactly… that’s why they have to grab every nickle they can right now.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Yup a portion of their contracts are signing bonuses up front and at the 600 level it’s about $750K a year, and you’re looking at the top 1/3 of players good enough to be on an NFL roster. People saying “well yeah but they could go do something else after”…. Exactly… that’s why they have to grab every nickle they can right now.
You took this from my discussion of how crazy $20M guaranteed is, to trying to tell me it's just a few guys getting guarantees. When I show you that you aren't correct, you change it to "the lower tier players have to grab every nickle while they can." Which not only isn't really what this discussion was about, but there is a big difference between $750k and a few nickles.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Big Ben officially retires....yet another potential Rodgers destination.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not new. I discussed them as my third option spot IMO the other day and many had discussed this in the media when Steelers fell in playoffs

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Not new. I discussed them as my third option spot IMO the other day and many had discussed this in the media when Steelers fell in playoffs
Yup....was just making it official, since if Ben had decided to stay, Rodgers is probably no longer a possibility.

Steelers have the 20th pick in the draft. I still put Denver as the team with the highest chances.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Rodgers will be going East. I think he's now more than likely a candidate that could end up in Denver. I say that because Hackett is now their HC. He'll bring Getsy along, I'd guess.... possibly???

At least it won't be quiet out here for the next couple of months.

Canadian Cheddar

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Recent quote from a friend: "Rogers went on the radio to say that people want him to lose because he's unvaccinated, which isn't true; they want him to lose because he has morphed into a passive aggressive little ***** that no one wants to listen to anymore."

I agree, although it is pretty hard to pin down what AR's verbage actually means sometimes... and so, the situation just keeps getting more and more tiresome.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Rodgers will be going East. I think he's now more than likely a candidate that could end up in Denver. I say that because Hackett is now their HC. He'll bring Getsy along, I'd guess.... possibly???

At least it won't be quiet out here for the next couple of months.
Has a QB ever left a team and followed a coach to another one?
Not saying it wouldn't happen here.
I just wonder where these ideas come from that A-Rod will leave and follow a coach.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just wonder where these ideas come from that A-Rod will leave and follow a coach.

To me its not an illogical conclusion to jump to although it is jumping to a conclusion. It would all depend on his relationship with Hackett I suppose. We all know that AR is very supportive of his coaches and teammates that he has a good rapport with and he respects. He was very critical of the Packers after they let go of some of the people he liked.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We've called in a special investigator to get to the bottom of the Rodgers next gig issue. He has been working on it for a week now, and will tell us how things are going.

Inspector? Can you give us an update?

AKCheese

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You took this from my discussion of how crazy $20M guaranteed is, to trying to tell me it's just a few guys getting guarantees. When I show you that you aren't correct, you change it to "the lower tier players have to grab every nickle while they can." Which not only isn't really what this discussion was about, but there is a big difference between $750k and a few nickles.
My point is that very very few get big garaunteed bonuses. Most players get nothing if they’re cut at the end of the year. $750K for 3 years is not going to set you up for life. Very very few NFL contracts are garaunteed. I’m not taking your discussion anywhere. You make your points I make mine, that’s how this works. I don’t know you and I’m not trying to convince you of anything, “win”, or get you to be my friend. Actually the statistics you cite make my arguement - thank you

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
My point is that very very few get big garaunteed bonuses. Most players get nothing if they’re cut at the end of the year. $750K for 3 years is not going to set you up for life. Very very few NFL contracts are garaunteed.

Again, you are back to implying that very few NFL players get large guaranteed money. You are wrong, hundreds of players do. You obviously either didn't look at the stats I referred to or you consider 6 figures and up to what....$15M to be chump change?

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I think the Denver rumor started last year and it was because of a lot of factors concerning the Broncos needs and what they had to give in trade value. Also, because Rodger's Fiancé lives in Colorado, it was believed to be an even bigger possibility he would want to be there. Now you have the Broncos hiring the Packers OC as their head coach, rumors that the Broncos are also interested in the Packers QB/passing game coach (Getsy) and their OL/run game coordinator Adam Stenavich.....things add up to make those rumors/ideas that Denver is a place Rodgers might end up very plausible.

I know what you are saying though, if you Google "Rodgers to _____________" fill in the name of a random team in need of a QB upgrade....there is probably articles about the potential of him being that teams QB.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Denver rumor started last year and it was because of a lot of factors concerning the Broncos needs and what they had to give in trade value. Also, because Rodger's Fiancé lives in Colorado, it was believed to be an even bigger possibility he would want to be there. Now you have the Broncos hiring the Packers OC as their head coach, rumors that the Broncos are also interested in the Packers QB/passing game coach (Getsy) and their OL/run game coordinator Adam Stenavich.....things add up to make those rumors/ideas that Denver is a place Rodgers might end up very plausible.

I know what you are saying though, if you Google "Rodgers to _____________" fill in the name of a random team in need of a QB upgrade....there is probably articles about the potential of him being that teams QB.
And in the meantime no one has any idea what he is going to do.
We are all just guessing because what else is there to talk about?
I think it also comes from the rumors/reports/speculation that he was even just thinking of leaving GB before the start of the season and so we/media somehow think that carries on over even though he had one of his best seasons with the Pack.
We just have to be patient and wait and see.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts