Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So the packers brass can trade up and get ANOTHER QB and OLB project?

Or just trade for mich trabitsky, and get 2 or 3 olbs?

So many options when you dont have a star player to build around...
She's leaving you man. You gotta snap out of it. People saw her with another guy. That Elway guy there are plenty of fish in the sea. You have to move on. I know she tells you she still loves you, but her actions say something different. She just doesn't love you anymore man. She moved on and now you have to move on and get on with your life. It will be okay. You knew already it wasn't forever. You knew she was leaving in 2 or 3 years. Now she telling you that you have to disown your dad? Let her go man. It's time to let her go.

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Good article and pretty much covers what most of us have talked about in the way of scenarios that could be in play with Rodgers. I am not a fan of the one in which we purge Love to try and appease Rodgers. On the surface is looks like a great way to tell Rodgers he has the job for as long as HE wants it. I think the damage has already been done and that would be like telling your wife that you won't sleep with the neighbor again, because she just moved across the country.

Will Aaron Rodgers leave the Packers? Six scenarios that could unfold after June 1 | Sporting News

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good article and pretty much covers what most of us have talked about in the way of scenarios that could be in play with Rodgers. I am not a fan of the one in which we purge Love to try and appease Rodgers. On the surface is looks like a great way to tell Rodgers he has the job for as long as HE wants it. I think the damage has already been done and that would be like telling your wife that you won't sleep with the neighbor again, because she just moved across the country.

Will Aaron Rodgers leave the Packers? Six scenarios that could unfold after June 1 | Sporting News
In all of this, I don't see Gute losing his job. I think he is looking like a great GM in most of his personnel moves. If the only issue is communication with the players, that is something he can work on and learn from this experience.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Packers did the same thing to Favre at the end of his career. Got rid of his oline. His receivers were replaced by projects. And they went full rebuild while he was still here. Surprise!!! He has the best year of his career! I mean besides the other best year of his career he had with Minnesota, just to stick it to us....

Same story with rodgers here and now. Give him Mercedes Lewis, and Lazzard. And he wins MVP..... He punked Greenbays strategy of him looking bad enough to justify their moves... now greenbay brass looks like jackasses.

2006 and 2007 starters

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
In all of this, I don't see Gute losing his job. I think he is looking like a great GM in most of his personnel moves. If the only issue is communication with the players, that is something he can work on and learn from this experience.

While I agree with this, I think what could cost him his job is if he doesn't react correctly to the situation as it sits. As much as some of us might want to see him force Rodgers into retirement, just to say "no you can't manipulate us", I think that is too big of a loss of what you are giving up, just to try and make a point and also one that might sit really poorly with his teammates. Those are points you make with players of lessor status and/or trade value. If they are pretty sure Rodgers won't play in Green Bay again, then trade him ASAP, the value will never be higher than it is right now.

I also think Gute would be negligent if he doesn't keep a close eye on the Adams situation. I won't write more about that, been saying it for weeks now.

The Casual fan might be really pissed off at Gute if the Packers lose both Rodgers and Adams, but if they do so and are holding 3 or 4 first rounders, as well as other draft capital as a result of making lemonade out of sour lemons, then I think die hard fans would understand the moves and be excited about what those pics will do for the Packers. Now if Gute has all that draft capital and still the core of a decent team and flops....see ya!

Last edited:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Heard a snip that working on a contract where he will be guaranteed 2 years as a starter maybe 3

That could potentially be good news, the only questions I think we all have would be "at what cost?" and "can Aaron really let the past be the past?".

AR's comments to Kenny Mayne really hit home to me as to where his head seems to be and it really appears to be at major odds with what he calls the Packers philosophy with people. This isn't just saying "I didn't like the way they did this one thing, it is saying "I don't like how they do/did a lot of things." In this case there seems to be several things that Rodgers isn't happy with and those are only the ones we apparently know about. I just don't see how he, a very cognitive guy, could suddenly sell him self on the fact that none of that now matters to him.

His comments to Kenny Mayne reminded me of the old line you use to try and soften a break up blow, "It isn't you, its me" and I think it was Aaron's subtle way of saying "I am done in GB."

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But Amish she is the best piece of tale I have ever had since the last best piece of tale and there is no guarantee the next piece of tale will be any where as good as this piece of tale. I can dis own Dad if I have to but I will definitely drop her if she wants me to dis own Mom.

Reaction score
Heard a snip that working on a contract where he will be guaranteed 2 years as a starter maybe 3
That’s where I think the happy medium is. GB can continue to plan for his successor but give Rodgers some comfort that he’s got a job next season or a couple more. We lose the benefit of the Rookie contract, but we could have a smooth baton QB handoff. A 3 year guaranteed is the RPM limit without fully changing our transmission out.

Plus we could sign Love to a short extension at lower $ (if needed down the pike) being he’s got a 5th year option and he’s unproven. Much of what helps us is Love’s age coming out of school after his Junior season.

Finally we’d have some time to evaluate Love without throwing him to the wolves.

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But Amish she is the best piece of tale I have ever had since the last best piece of tale and there is no guarantee the next piece of tale will be any where as good as this piece of tale. I can dis own Dad if I have to but I will definitely drop her if she wants me to dis own Mom.
Yeah, but at some point, man she is soooo high maintenance.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In this case there seems to be several things that Rodgers isn't happy with and those are only the ones we apparently know about. I just don't see how he, a very cognitive guy, could suddenly sell him self on the fact that none of that now matters to him.
You have to look at everything. Here are some things I believe in this whole situation:

• Gute has done every move he feels is in the best interest of the Packers
  • Gutes goal is to win a superbowl
  • Gute is not perfect and not as communicative as he should be
  • Gute and MLF intended AR to start for 2 more years
  • Rodgers is more interested in what he has to work with (WRs) than building a team
  • Rodgers has a history of not getting along with people (mom/dad/ brother/Gute /MM)
  • Rodgers play was diminishing for several years
  • Drafting Love is the biggest reason Rodgers returned to form
  • Rodgers trade value will never be higher
  • Rodgers leadership skills are lacking

• Rodgers best chance for a SB is with the Packers
  • Packers best chance to win a SB is with Rodgers
  • Both sides understand that
  • The best way for us to win a SB is to improve the defense

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
You have to look at everything. Here are some things I believe in this whole situation:

• Gute has done every move he feels is in the best interest of the Packers
  • Gutes goal is to win a superbowl
  • Gute is not perfect and not as communicative as he should be
  • Gute and MLF intended AR to start for 2 more years
  • Rodgers is more interested in what he has to work with (WRs) than building a team
  • Rodgers has a history of not getting along with people (mom/dad/ brother/Gute /MM)
  • Rodgers play was diminishing for several years
  • Drafting Love is the biggest reason Rodgers returned to form
  • Rodgers leadership skills are lacking
  • Rodgers best chance for a SB is with the Packers
  • Packers best chance to win a SB is with Rodgers
  • Both sides understand that
  • The best way for us to win a SB is to improve the defense

Good summary. I think you, I, The Packers and a lot of fans see things that way, but I doubt Rodgers would agree to all these things as being true. Those being leadership skills lacking, his return to form was in part due to the Love pick and the big one, I don't think Rodgers is fully convinced that his best chance at winning a SB is with the Packers. If it is, it isn't enough reason to stick with an organization that he has philosophical differences with. Also, in his head, it wouldn't surprise me if he feels like he can do what Tom Brady just did and make just about any team a SB contender. Which, if its the right team, I would agree with him on.

Rodgers is an ultra competitive guy. I really just think this is a matter of too many things didn't go his way and after they all started piling up, the Love pick might have finally snapped him. He might have questioned himself as to why he was sticking around with an organization that didn't seem to have the same goals as him, nor were they appearing to be supportive in his goals. He might have had some type of conversation with Gute or MLF about his future after the Love pick and maybe they gave him the impression that if he wanted out, they would figure it out in 2021. Fast forward a year, Rodgers is miffed about 4th and 8 in the NFCCG, Rodgers wins MVP, the one player that is considered to be on the same platform as Rodgers, Tom Brady, wins a Super Bowl. Rodgers says "F this, I have at least 5 good years left, I don't want to keep being second best or taken for granted, I want to be the best and appreciated, trade me now."

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have heard this a lot..

The Def sucks! Fire Pettine, fire Capers

Yet people think the offense sucks?
See I don't think they do. They have complete faith in Rodgers. Because he is a great QB he must know more about building a team than a room full of professionals. Or maybe they just want to make him happy even if it isn't going to help the team much. In support of the first choice, I have seen posters here wanting Favre as our OC despite him never coaching or showing an aptitude for it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Besides the almost 1/2 Billion dollars the organization has paid Rodgers, as well as helping him to cultivate a career that probably has made him double that in other ways, I don't think they have bent over backwards to appease him. Nor do I think they should have had to, but I really think Rodgers feels that they should have.

Like I said in my previous posts, this has been a slow fire building exercise, so really hard to point to one thing that created what appears to now be a bonfire out of control. So help me make a list of all the small logs or kindling that went into the fire and what finally ignited it. I will start.....
  • Rodgers not being drafted #1 in the 2005 draft.
  • McCarthy becoming his coach, the guy who passed him up to take Alex Smith.
  • The way Favre was treated. (maybe a plus in that it gave Rodgers the starting job, but did Rodgers feel Favre was treated fairly?)
  • Greg Jennings attempt to roast Rodgers.
  • Failing in the NFCCG against Seattle, sending them on a bit of a playoff skid.
  • Feeling that he wasn't being given enough weapons on offense.
  • Potentially the way both Sitton and Lang were treated.
  • Seeing how poorly the offense played without him.
  • Media pointing out how negative Rodgers was on field.
  • Jordy Nelson
  • Randall Cobb
  • Questioning of Rodgers and MLF relationship, was Rodgers hijacking the offense and running his own plays?
  • Failure to once again address lack of offensive weapons
  • Jake Kumerow (Amish added, we needed good dry hay for that fire)
  • Jordan Love Pick (match was lit)
  • 4th and 8
  • MVP (Throw match on gas soaked pile)

Last edited:

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score

This, for me, is the bottom line.

Rodgers career in Green Bay had to end eventually. How did we all think it was going to end?

Then he comes on teevee with his greasy hair, strumming his guitar and he doesn't like this and he doesn't like that.

IMO? GTF out.

Let somebody else coddle and pacify him. I expect him to be carried off on a stretcher shortly into the next season.

I've been a hardcore AR12 fan and supporter since Day 1 but this time it's gone too far.

Let's ALL move on.

Shockwave

Last edited:

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides the almost 1/2 Billion dollars the organization has paid Rodgers, as well as helping him to cultivate a career that probably has made him double that in other ways, I don't think they have bent over backwards to appease him. Nor do I think they should have had to, but I really think Rodgers feels that they should have.

Like I said in my previous posts, this has been a slow fire building exercise, so really hard to point to one thing that created what appears to now be a bonfire out of control. So help me make a list of all the small logs or kindling that went into the fire and what finally ignited it. I will start.....
  • Rodgers not being drafted #1 in the 2005 draft.
  • McCarthy becoming his coach, the guy who passed him up to take Alex Smith.
  • The way Favre was treated. (maybe a plus in that it gave Rodgers the starting job, but did Rodgers feel Favre was treated fairly?)
  • Greg Jennings attempt to roast Rodgers.
  • Failing in the NFCCG against Seattle, sending them on a bit of a playoff skid.
  • Feeling that he wasn't being given enough weapons on offense.
  • Potentially the way both Sitton and Lang were treated.
  • Seeing how poorly the offense played without him.
  • Media pointing out how negative Rodgers was on field.
  • Jordy Nelson
  • Randall Cobb
  • Questioning of Rodgers and MLF relationship, was Rodgers hijacking the offense and running his own plays?
  • Failure to once again address lack of offensive weapons
  • Jordan Love Pick (match was lit)
  • 4th and 8
  • MVP (Throw match on gas soaked pile)
Good list. May put Kumerow on there as well.

ShockwaveRider

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ooop, and one final thing I wanted to say about "philosophy".

My "philosophy" would be to honor the contract you signed AR12, and play out your contract before moving on.

How many of you working guys in Green Bay have had to honor contracts you signed and maybe didn't work out the greatest for you?

AR12 plays the crybaby and denounces the "philosophy" of the Green Bay Packers.

His head has gotten too big for his helmet.

I don't want to see twenty years of mediocrity like we had in the 1970s and 1980s.

But I just can't stand the pouty crybaby arrogance anymore.

Let's move on, shall we?

Shockwave

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Didn't see this anywhere so https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...st-sent-out-a-very-interesting-packers-tweet/

Who the heck is Miles Teller? The article says he some sort of actor but I've never heard of him so I looked him up on IMDB. He's got 34 acting credits and I've not seen a single thing he is in. Apparently he has been running around Hawaii with his wife, Aaron Rodgers and Shailene.

If you look closely enough, you will see this reflection in Miles sunglasses....

This was Bahk's reaction to Miles:

David Bakhtiari
@DavidBakhtiari

Replying to
@Miles_Teller

10:41 PM · May 27, 2021·Twitter for iPhone

That could be big news, Miles suddenly seems to be in the Hawaiian spotlight with this one too....

Miles Teller Punched in Face at Maui Restaurant Over Wedding Dispute (tmz.com)

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't see any way in heck Gute loses his job either but I don't think he would have to for Rodgers to finish his career in Green Bay as the article says (scenario #6). In fact if Rodgers does come back I think its more likely they work out a deal that he finishes his career here (or at least finishes up the last three years of his current deal) than it is he comes back for one more year.

I'm also not sure how much of Gutes inability to communicate with players is real and how much is imagined fueled by 1 players' apparent assertions. I've not seen any other players come out against Gute although I really wouldn't expect any current one to do so. I think it was TJ Lang who said he was a consummate professional.

That could be big news, Miles suddenly seems to be in the Hawaiian spotlight with this one too....

Miles Teller Punched in Face at Maui Restaurant Over Wedding Dispute (tmz.com)

I saw that headline but didn't read the article. I its just another guy saying stuff that people are going to read way too much into. It could be big but at this point we have no reason to think it is any more significant than anything else written on the subject. In other words just more clickbait BS.

Someone sent that tweet to my buddy at work and he went ballistic. First he thought it was Rodgers in the picture with Shailene instead of Teller and his wife. AThen, after spending 20 minutes trying to find any corroborating information and finding none, he became convinced Rodgers told Teller to send it so he's more than ready to send Aaron packing. Of course he is also convinced that Aaron will be a Denver Bronco by June 2nd. The deal is done, and was done on draft day and they are just waiting to announce it.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I saw that headline but didn't read the article. I its just another guy saying stuff that people are going to read way too much into. It could be big but at this point we have no reason to think it is any more significant than anything else written on the subject. In other words just more clickbait BS.

I think I figured it out. Teller was trolling. The Packers signed WR DeAndre Thompkins that day. He is an ex-Eagles and Miles Teller is an Eagles Fan. So Miles decided to lay out a nice Tweet to congratulate the Packers on the signing, while everyone knew he was the one in Hawaii hanging with Rodgers. So while Teller on a normal day doesn't Tweet that out, but being a Philly fan and with Rodgers, he knew how to try and blow up Twitter. "What? I was just congratulating the Packers on the Thompkins signing." I might have done the same if I were Miles. :cool:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I figured it out. Teller was trolling. The Packers signed WR DeAndre Thompkins that day. He is an ex-Eagles and Miles Teller is an Eagles Fan. So Miles decided to lay out a nice Tweet to congratulate the Packers on the signing, while everyone knew he was the one in Hawaii hanging with Rodgers. So while Teller on a normal day doesn't Tweet that out, but being a Philly fan and with Rodgers, he knew how to try and blow up Twitter. "What? I was just congratulating the Packers on the Thompkins signing." I might have done the same if I were Miles. :cool:

So what you are saying is that the Packers signed DeAndre Thompkins thinking that Aaron would be so into his vacation he would think they signed DeAndre Hopkins and come running back and sign a new deal before he could figure it out. Interesting take Poker. You should tweet that.

Here's another development. Aaron Jones says he didn't talk to Aaron Rodgers before he resigned and it wouldn't have made a difference if he had. Now the media is trying to play this as evidence that Rodgers never contacted would be free agents but is it really. The problem with stuff like this is you never know the exact questions asked or the exact response given. You read Aaron Jones never talked to Aaron Rodgers before he resigned. The doesn't mean Rodgers never contacted the free agents. That doesn't mean he didn't' contact some and not others. Maybe he knew Jones was going to resign so he didn't include him.

As far as the report goes the reporter could have asked "Did you talk to Aaron Rodgers before you resigned with the Packers?" and if all Rodgers did was send a text then Jones could absolutely truthfully answer "No, I didn't talk to Aaron Rodgers before I resigned" I never read in any of hos articles that Rodgers talked to anyone. Everything I read said it was either a text or some similar form of communication and not direct contact. If Rodgers did send a tweet I could see Jones taking the diplomatic route by saying "I didn't talk to him." As far as I know he didn't say "Aaron never contacted me"

Its just another way that shows you can't really believe what you read.