Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

Reaction score
I know folks got mad when I said he is everything everyone hoped Ty Monty would have been and then some...but it is true. He is much more a pure WR than Ty ever was or will be, soft hands and above average route running. He literally is a slot WR, with intense ball skills and burst - that happens to look like a RB.
Yes. Personally I never thought Ty was that bad either. I understand he didn’t follow instructions very well :whistling:
I feel in hindsight that Ty just got yanked around position wise and wore too many hats to try to accommodate the teams’ positional deficiencies they were undergoing at the time (he started as a WR, RB and KR in the space of a season).
It’s called wearing too many hats and TY’s athletic ability wasn’t at that level needed. He’s not Hester here.

Thankfully, Rodgers can’t be upset with this draft. We could have completely alienated him, but finally we got this one right. We drafted 3 consecutive selections that have a shot at starting on Offense in rounds 2-4. In addition, Gute also drafted a CB in Stokes that can put the ball back in our Offenses hands more regular or sooner.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes. Personally I never thought Ty was that bad either. I understand he didn’t follow instructions very well :whistling:
I feel in hindsight that Ty just got yanked around position wise and wore too many hats to try to accommodate the teams’ positional deficiencies they were undergoing at the time (he started as a WR, RB and KR in the space of a season).
It’s called wearing too many hats and TY’s athletic ability wasn’t at that level needed. He’s not Hester here.

Thankfully, Rodgers can’t be upset with this draft. We could have completely alienated him, but finally we got this one right. We drafted 3 consecutive selections that have a shot at starting on Offense in rounds 2-4. In addition, Gute also drafted a CB in Stokes that can put the ball back in our Offenses hands more regular or sooner.

I tend to not try to think someone CAN'T be upset about something... Rodgers could be upset that the team drafted yet another corner in the first rather than a receiver. I'm not arguing for that interpretation but it's not far-fetched.

Reaction score
I tend to not try to think someone CAN'T be upset about something... Rodgers could be upset that the team drafted yet another corner in the first rather than a receiver. I'm not arguing for that interpretation but it's not far-fetched.
Ah yes. I see what you mean about the literal semantics of my use of the word “can’t”. Taken literally it could surely twiddle ones mental fiddle. Formerly that word “can’t” was a formality of the family of familiarity to the relatively “surely he couldn’t”.
I didn’t mean “can’t” to be taken so literal.
It isn’t how I meant it at all.
I didn’t mean “can’t as it isn’t or couldn’t.. Rather the type of “can’t” that is shan’t.. or maybe shouldn’t or more that he surely wouldn’t.

That said, I can agree. I can’t not see what you meant by... ..............he could

Last edited:

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ah yes. I see what you mean about the literal semantics of my use of the word “can’t”. Taken literally it could surely twiddle ones mental fiddle. Formerly that word “can’t” was a formality of the family of familiarity to the relatively “surely he couldn’t”.
I didn’t mean “can’t” to be taken so literal.
It isn’t how I meant it at all.
I didn’t mean “can’t as it isn’t or couldn’t.. Rather the type of “can’t” that is shan’t.. or maybe shouldn’t or more that he surely wouldn’t.

That said, I can agree. I can’t not see what you meant by... ..............he could

Tbh, I am unable to comprehend the thrust of this post. It may not be immediately apparent to me but perhaps you could explain further? Your phrasing has rendered me incapable of internalizing your response. Hopefully this response will not find you powerless to help elucidate your point.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just in case you are grouping me in this "ship Rogers out of here group", I would love to see him stay. You and I just disagree on some of the nuances of the situation.

No I wasn't referring to you. I just decline to mention the names, but I think most posters know who they are.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm sure you're joking, but Rodgers doesn't give a crap about the Packers bringing in a washed up has been. But trading up in the 1st round of the draft to select his apparent successor is totally different.

Like I said, no problem with poking some fun. I actually think it's funny.

The whole thing has got me wondering though. Does Gute or MLF just prefer having 3 QBs on the roster? Or did they sign him because they're no longer confident Rodgers will return?

Maybe I listen to Captain WIMM too much, but I don't like carrying 3 QBs on the roster. We didn't do that under the last regime and I don't think we should be doing that now.

Sure hope Love does beats BB out either for number 2, or number 1 if need be because that's not any confidence booster if he can't.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The whole thing has got me wondering though. Does Gute or MLF just prefer having 3 QBs on the roster? Or did they sign him because they're no longer confident Rodgers will return?

Maybe I listen to Captain WIMM too much, but I don't like carrying 3 QBs on the roster. We didn't do that under the last regime and I don't think we should be doing that now.

Sure hope Love does beats BB out either for number 2, or number 1 if need be because that's not any confidence booster if he can't.
I like carrying 3 QBs when one of them is so young and we want him to sit awhile. Now if Love knocks it out of the park in preseason; well I might, could, maybe change my mind. But Rodgers played very good against the cowboys when Favre was having a bad day and of course Rodgers remained on the bench. So I'm hoping Love does very well in preseason but still stays on the bench. Hopefully Rodgers will be starting. For me, Bortles is an unknown at this point. Clean slate. And until he shows he is lousy; he has my support. The guy from San Fran that people have been talking about. I only saw him in one game as a starter and he sure did not impress.

Reaction score
Tbh, I am unable to comprehend the thrust of this post. It may not be immediately apparent to me but perhaps you could explain further? Your phrasing has rendered me incapable of internalizing your response. Hopefully this response will not find you powerless to help elucidate your point.
I said I agree with you... in long form of Dr. Seussian.
naw. Just having fun with you picking on the word can’t. It was a figure of speech is all. Like this sentence..

“You really can’t blame me for missing your party.. I was at a relative’s funeral”

You still have the right snd ability to blame me ...
but it wouldn’t be supported by a logical or popular argument, or not the right thing to do etc..

Anyway. The FO has drafted 4 consecutive Offensive players that can help this current O be successful during consecutive Draft Day 2 selections. We are about to see more of Dillon and Deguara and Myers and Amari should both have a significant chance of contributing. That should give #12 a better outlook going forward.
If Rodgers gets his restructure, don’t be surprised to see us go after an Offense player earlier in a 3rd consecutive draft or even trade for one. From an objective standpoint, I’m hearing that we are still more likely to restructure Rodgers than not. I could see us doing a 4 year deal with a “hard out” in year 4 just in case the sky falls.

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like carrying 3 QBs when one of them is so young and we want him to sit awhile. Now if Love knocks it out of the park in preseason; well I might, could, maybe change my mind. But Rodgers played very good against the cowboys when Favre was having a bad day and of course Rodgers remained on the bench. So I'm hoping Love does very well in preseason but still stays on the bench. Hopefully Rodgers will be starting. For me, Bortles is an unknown at this point. Clean slate. And until he shows he is lousy; he has my support. The guy from San Fran that people have been talking about. I only saw him in one game as a starter and he sure did not impress.

Yeah, now after thinking about it I can see why they signed him. A win-win situation for both Rodgers scenarios.

1. If Rodgers leaves, you still have a veteran option and one that Hackett is familiar with and wouldn't have all the rookie or 1st time starter jitters.

2. Even if Rodgers stays, if he ends up injured for a lengthy period like 2013 or 2017, you can still buy Love some more development time by sticking in Bortles instead.

Basically, you got yourself a decent placeholder for either scenario

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, now after thinking about it I can see why they signed him. A win-win situation for both Rodgers scenarios.

1. If Rodgers leaves, you still have a veteran option and one that Hackett is familiar with and wouldn't have all the rookie or 1st time starter jitters.

2. Even if Rodgers stays, if he ends up injured for a lengthy period like 2013 or 2017, you can still buy Love some more development time by sticking in Bortles instead.

Basically, you got yourself a decent placeholder for either scenario
In our situation with an older starting QB, and untested prospect, I think it’s important to have 3 QB’s available for every game day. The active roster is expanded to 48 as long as at least 8 of them are offensive linemen. Assuming that Amari Rodgers is active, you only need to carry 3 RB’s and probably 4 other WR’s. It’s very doable.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
The character of a man is not to be controlled by their successes or failures, they are not intertwined as many lie to themselves to believe.
It's just the reality of it. Doesn't just happen in football. Big CEO's and people at the top of their professions all have egos and attitudes. Any thought to the contrary isn't living in reality.

Reaction score
It's just the reality of it. Doesn't just happen in football. Big CEO's and people at the top of their professions all have egos and attitudes. Any thought to the contrary isn't living in reality.
I wouldn’t stop there. Id say nearly everyone I’ve ever met fits that statement, to a degree. Of course, those guys are in the spotlight more than us peons.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Reality is what I stated is fact. Societal norms are not always what is right, nor true...I don't need to start listening the items over time which indicate this.

Premontre1969

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m ready to see what he’s got. Get what you can for Rodgers and let’s go!!

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-north/g...mous-nfl-exec-has-bold-jordan-love-prediction

Aaron Rodgers was lucky he had a few years to develop in the NFL behind Favre. Too many first round quarterbacks are thrust into a starting role without that kind of preparation. It can set a bad tone for their development. Bortles was thrust into a starting role the third week of his rookie season. Bortles then had 72 straight regular season starts for the Jaguars. His Offensive Coordinator was Nathaniel Hackett the year the Jaguars made it to the AFC playoffs. So if our Offensive Coordinator has that kind of experience with Bortles I have to believe he has a good shot for playing ahead of Love. I think it would be a blessing for Love if he were to have a couple more years of professional preparation.

I still think Aaron Rodgers starts and that all this is stinky smoke from contract negotiations. But it is so off-putting to Packer fans that Rodgers loses face, even if we win the next Superbowl with him. I believe all these “leaks” are coming from Rodgers and that most fans are sickened by the antics. “They promised me a trade”, etc. So uncool. So sickening.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers was lucky he had a few years to develop in the NFL behind Favre. Too many first round quarterbacks are thrust into a starting role without that kind of preparation. It can set a bad tone for their development. Bortles was thrust into a starting role the third week of his rookie season. Bortles then had 72 straight regular season starts for the Jaguars. His Offensive Coordinator was Nathaniel Hackett the year the Jaguars made it to the AFC playoffs. So if our Offensive Coordinator has that kind of experience with Bortles I have to believe he has a good shot for playing ahead of Love. I think it would be a blessing for Love if he were to have a couple more years of professional preparation.

I still think Aaron Rodgers starts and that all this is stinky smoke from contract negotiations. But it is so off-putting to Packer fans that Rodgers loses face, even if we win the next Superbowl with him. I believe all these “leaks” are coming from Rodgers and that most fans are sickened by the antics. “They promised me a trade”, etc. So uncool. So sickening.

I'm perfectly fine considering Rodgers an all-time Packers great regardless of whether they win another Super Bowl. Players are employees and I've never understood the desire that an employee should treat the employer with the reverence fans treat the team.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
After taking a step back for a bit and thinking this over heres my take on all of this yet again. If all this boils down to him wanting re assurance that after this season they wont cut him loose is crazy. Why would they trade him and dump him on a drop of a hat? All of this could be extreme paranoia on his part.

Does he realize how much **** the FO would get if they just one day trade him for no reason? Why would he get very upset at the FO for cutting a WR that just isnt that good?

Premontre1969

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm perfectly fine considering Rodgers an all-time Packers great regardless of whether they win another Super Bowl. Players are employees and I've never understood the desire that an employee should treat the employer with the reverence fans treat the team.

No question that Rodgers is an all-time Packers great. That’s why I’m disgusted by the use of these ‘leak’ tactics to influence private negotiations. Seems like he is trying to leverage his fan base to get whatever it is he wants. And that makes me feel angry as a fan. It’s manipulative, desperate, unbecoming; it’s foul. It’s beneath the Aaron Rodgers that I’d come to love.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No question that Rodgers is an all-time Packers great. That’s why I’m disgusted by the use of these ‘leak’ tactics to influence private negotiations. Seems like he is trying to leverage his fan base to get whatever it is he wants. And that makes me feel angry as a fan. It’s manipulative, desperate, unbecoming; it’s foul. It’s beneath the Aaron Rodgers that I’d come to love.

Only if he hasn't tried other things and decided this was the only way to get the FO to do something. It's not ideal but no FO is "clean" and very few players are. Sure, I'd prefer if this was all behind closed doors too but I'm not going to get upset when professional sports turns into normal business since professional sports is first and foremost a business.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After taking a step back for a bit and thinking this over heres my take on all of this yet again. If all this boils down to him wanting re assurance that after this season they wont cut him loose is crazy. Why would they trade him and dump him on a drop of a hat? All of this could be extreme paranoia on his part.

Does he realize how much **** the FO would get if they just one day trade him for no reason? Why would he get very upset at the FO for cutting a WR that just isnt that good?

Pretty sure there's more to it than just cutting Kumerow.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m ready to see what he’s got. Get what you can for Rodgers and let’s go!!

https://thespun.com/nfl/nfc-north/g...mous-nfl-exec-has-bold-jordan-love-prediction
How bold a prediction can it be if he's remaining anonymous lol?

I hope Rodgers comes back (and I think he will). But I'd be curious to see how Love does, if only to see how effective LaFleur's system is without the golden boy running it. McCarthy's definitely didn't do too well when Rodgers was out.

And if Rogers does come back, how far are we going to get with him sucking up 30% of the cap, or whatever it's going to be?

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.