Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wanna see MLF and Gutey on a plane to get this $hit sorted out. Stuff like this is poison to a locker room. Not only that, imagine how F'd Jordan Love is feeling right now. Am I the starter? I guess he should be preparing like he will be anyway.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Your point? We've seen McCarthy make some questionable play calls in the past, and look how well he's doing in Dallas. More times than not those plays usually worked. And let's not sit here and pretend McCarthy didn't give Rodgers permission to do so. So it's annoying when someone sits here and tries to imply that Rodgers "changed the play" around 90 percent of the time when he probably changed it a few times. Geez.

Not to mention McCarthy is old news now and not in any way connected to this current situation. No sense in getting lost in those weeds again.

In this current moment, I would say Rodgers should be smart enough to realize he's not going to get four or five year deals at his age. And right now I definitely think the FO is trying to offer olive branches, and his refusal to accept them is his problem.

But still, the FO did their part to start the rolling of this runaway train, and while they were high on Love the moment when they drafted him, you definitely shouldn't be grabbing a QB that high up who you are currently saying "has a long way to go"

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I doubt Rodgers would ***** out like that. He is way too much of a competitor and it would hurt his legacy if he did that. And he's all about legacy.

That wasn't really my question though. Let me clarify, I was asking if it was possible for a player to do that.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Besides being a **** move on his part and he himself would know that he did it, it really wouldn't serve his apparent desire and that is to be traded, so he can play. All it would do is cost the Packers his salary and land him on IR, still under contract as a Packer for 2022 and 2023.

I get that, I'm not advocating for it, I was just curious if it was possible.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A new villain every 24 hours.

Maybe the story was just Aaron wanted an extension to guarantee that he would be the long term answer in Green Bay and if they couldn't commit long term to trade him to a team that would commit long term.

Of course, that is more understandable and pretty much a non-story and not as juicy a story than Aaron flame throwing everything, getting upset over street free agents, blowing up draft day and texting teammates...

PackerRyche

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will say the problems still exist and that if Gute and MLF are flying out to convince him to return there's definitely something there but it would absolve Rodgers of leaking it hours before the draft (which was the big trigger point for alot of people)

That said how the **** does Shefter get to stay employed and be called a journalist if he did that? ESPN should (they wont) fire him so he can be what he is. A blogger
And now Florio sh**ting on Shefter. Kind of funny.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/adam-schefter-seems-change-tune-165859418.html

Ogsponge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I basically have always said that all “NFL insiders” are nothing more than glorified gossip columnists even if they get it right sometimes. The only thing they care about are ratings, views, clicks and retweets, factual information and quotes from the actual parties involved be damned.

Reaction score
Rodgers needs to speak up.

If not true...wouldnt you want to clear your name?

But wo speaking, it looks like its true
There are multiple sources of multiple stories of multiple angles of Rodgers expressed displeasure with Krause (cough cough) I mean .. Gutekunst

but the evidence that’s more compelling for me is this is like episode 7 of drama encircling Rodgers. He’s playing games with our franchise and I’m telling you the relationship with Rodgers is going to get worse if we entertain him. If winning is more important than ethical behavior or how we treat one another? then I’m a fan of the wrong sport. This behavior is trending and it’s not just Rodgers or the GBP or football.

Last edited:

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Maybe the story was just Aaron wanted an extension to guarantee that he would be the long term answer in Green Bay and if they couldn't commit long term to trade him to a team that would commit long term.

Of course, that is more understandable and pretty much a non-story and not as juicy a story than Aaron flame throwing everything, getting upset over street free agents, blowing up draft day and texting teammates...

Which is why this already mentioned story sounds closer to the truth

https://www.packersnews.com/story/s...ink-rodgers-packers-beyond-repair/4974730001/

What I'm wondering is if the reports that Gute and Murphy just offered to up his salary again are true, did they want to do that but still have the "sets up for a clean break at the end of the 2021 season" part left in it?

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
*****. Like I said, people shoving Rodgers off a cliff for no reason. Been saying this the whole damn time.

No reason?

Actually, people are basing this conversation on the information out there, whether true or false. Those wanting to blame Management haven't been blaming them because this supposed information is false (or true), but because those people don't believe that even if it were true, Rodgers is to blame and he is what is best for the team and should be given what he wants.

Now anyone posting "You guys can believe what you want to, but I don't believe any of it, so I am backing Rodgers until I see absolute proof", might be right. Instead I hear people making excuses and rationalizing this reported behavior and trying to hang onto Rodgers jersey as tight as possible so he doesn't get pushed off that cliff.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Schefter has now moved his way up into the **** Skipless and Coward Cowturd's level of reporting.

"Dan, there's not a source...it was just an accumulation of information throughout the offseason."

Ahhhhhh.....what about his conclusion? Was that information or opinion?

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, it's not a non-story if GB doesn't want to give him the guaranteed money that locks in their commitment. Because supposedly Aaron is saying if that's the case, trade him or he'll retire. Reportedly, he has already turned down an extension because he wants the guaranteed money that guarantees their commitment to him.

My gut says this gets worked out. At least right now it does. But June 1st is fast approaching.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
**************BREAKING NEWS*************************

The NFL has offered the Packers a Free draft pick at the end of Round 1 of the 2022 draft if they would settle the Aaron Rodgers Drama by the end of the week....story coming.

Reaction score
Which is why this already mentioned story sounds closer to the truth

https://www.packersnews.com/story/s...ink-rodgers-packers-beyond-repair/4974730001/

What I'm wondering is if the reports that Gute and Murphy just offered to up his salary again are true, did they want to do that but still have the "sets up for a clean break at the end of the 2021 season" part left in it?
This is merely my opinion. But looking at the contracts of both QB’.. my guess is GB wants to setup Rodgers contract to have a “contract out” by 2023. Which as you probably know is a 1 year extension as far as “contract out” is concerned.
It matter less he’s under contract, it matters far more when we can walk away comfortably. That extra year also gives some flexibility to play with the cap and allows us to get a better feel on Loves status.

But in Rodgers corner, he knows he just had the best season of his career (90% chance). This is his last best shot at getting a big payday. I’m going to guess that Rodgers wants to be highly compensated with a 3-4 year guaranteed. That sends Love to pasture and that’s what they are trying to avoid.

It’s a precarious situation because Love was drafted 1-2 seasons prematurely. Who knew Rodgers would play like that?

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, it's not a non-story if GB doesn't want to give him the guaranteed money that locks in their commitment. Because supposedly Aaron is saying if that's the case, trade him or he'll retire. Reportedly, he has already turned down an extension because he wants the guaranteed money that guarantees their commitment to him.

Meant a non-story more in the regards of that the story wouldn't be that deep and a whole less drama.

If the crux of the story is just that he wants a long term commitment or be traded.. that is a heck of alot simpler than all this other stuff going on and a lot more boring. Sports star wants long term commitment or trade is a story that has been written a thousand times.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Tj lang was on the big show yesterday.

From players side he think it wont sit well in the locker room. That aaron isnt back and blame aaron.

I cant recall word for word... But I was little surprised he didnt back aaron 100 percent
This is one of my biggest reasons for thinking that it is unlikely that Rodgers will play with the Packers. A locker room split into 2 camps would be cancerous. I’m afraid that the team culture concept has been compromised. The big question is, can it be repaired? Can the players not on Rodgers side, forgive him and move forward?

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No reason?

Actually, people are basing this conversation on the information out there, whether true or false. Those wanting to blame Management haven't been blaming them because this supposed information is false (or true), but because those people don't believe that even if it were true, Rodgers is to blame and he is what is best for the team and should be given what he wants.

Now anyone posting "You guys can believe what you want to, but I don't believe any of it, so I am backing Rodgers until I see absolute proof", might be right. Instead I hear people making excuses and rationalizing this reported behavior and trying to hang onto Rodgers jersey as tight as possible so he doesn't get pushed off that cliff.

Not necessarily. I think right now the story is just still a bit unclear on some things.

1. While it seems, at least according to John Kuhn that Rodgers is looking for guarantees, we don't even quite know what those are. Maybe Rodgers just simply wants to have the Packers finish up his current contract and void the clause in it that allows them to end it after 2021. But I don't know.

2. Whatever comes of this, you've got the main reporter admitting he decided to put this stuff out there and use it as a firebomb and not Rodgers or his agent. Hence why some of us like me and Packattack were smelling rats here.

Should Rodgers have called Gute Jerry Krause? No, and he should have done, or should do more to kill any reports that he doesn't want to play in Green Bay anymore. But I'd say this current revelation does make the Rodgers bashers look more like idiots.

Reaction score
Meant a non-story more in the regards of that the story wouldn't be that deep and a whole less drama.

If the crux of the story is just that he wants a long term commitment or be traded.. that is a heck of alot simpler than all this other stuff going on and a lot more boring. Sports star wants long term commitment or trade is a story that has been written a thousand times.
I’ll add to that that We obviously don’t know which QB they will put to pasture. In a weird way this is a good problem to have. I can’t fit both cars in the garage. Hmmmm. Do I sell the Old well tuned Lamborghini or let go of recently purchase new model year BMW?

If that’s my worst problem then I’m thankful for that! It’s apparent that this staff really, really likes German engineering

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
*****. Like I said, people shoving Rodgers off a cliff for no reason. Been saying this the whole damn time.
Aaron Rodgers still hasn’t spoken publicly. Is he talking to his teammates? Part of me thinks he will never make a public statement on this situation.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers still hasn’t spoken publicly. Is he talking to his teammates? Part of me thinks he will never make a public statement on this situation.

Would it make a difference though? If nobody believed him when he said he was shocked the media ran with this, why would they believe him if he denied stuff like calling Gute Mr Krause? Which he hasn't denied, but being hypothetical here I mean.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Not to mention McCarthy is old news now and not in any way connected to this current situation. No sense in getting lost in those weeds again.

In this current moment, I would say Rodgers should be smart enough to realize he's not going to get four or five year deals at his age. And right now I definitely think the FO is trying to offer olive branches, and his refusal to accept them is his problem.

But still, the FO did their part to start the rolling of this runaway train, and while they were high on Love the moment when they drafted him, you definitely shouldn't be grabbing a QB that high up who you are currently saying "has a long way to go"
Rodgers had a long, long way to go when he was drafted in 2005. Favre also had a long way to go when Wolf traded for him.