Rodgers reportedly disgruntled, does not want to return to the Packers

Do7

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Such a good soldier that he'd change plays in the huddle for years.
Your point? We've seen McCarthy make some questionable play calls in the past, and look how well he's doing in Dallas. More times than not those plays usually worked. And let's not sit here and pretend McCarthy didn't give Rodgers permission to do so. So it's annoying when someone sits here and tries to imply that Rodgers "changed the play" around 90 percent of the time when he probably changed it a few times. Geez.

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Your point? We've seen McCarthy make some questionable play calls in the past, and look how well he's doing in Dallas. More times than not those plays usually worked. And let's not sit here and pretend McCarthy didn't give Rodgers permission to do so. So it's annoying when someone sits here and tries to imply that Rodgers "changed the play" around 90 percent of the time when he probably changed it a few times. Geez.
They're reaching deep into the barrel with this anit-Rodgers crusade.

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think that is possible, since it sounds like it isn't what Rodgers wants. He wants guarantees that the Packers can't just cut ties with him when they feel it is best for the team. Which he should have negotiated for before he signed the last deal, but he didn't.

Yes, the Packers could say "OK Aaron, we get your point, we screwed up, lets do one more year and THEN part ways". I just don't think Aaron would be the guy who does that. He wants control of his future. I stated this last week but will say it again. If he wants control, offer him a totally performance based contract. If he has another MVP season, he gets paid like one, if he doesn't, he gets paid based on his year. He then holds most of the cards.....play well....you get rewarded. I would never want to see a team handcuff itself with guarantees that probably puts it into cap hell for 5 years, especially for a 37 year old acting like this.

I fail to see why that wouldn't suit him. He wanted guarantees, but now supposedly he just wants out. If Tirico's comments from AR are to be believed and he "loves GB, loves the fans, loves the franchise" this feels like it would be a proper send off. He gets total control of his future after this year, gets to make this offseason right with everyone, one last shot at a SB with a really good team that he's used to playing with.

I do think it would have to be made clear that this is it for both parties regardless of his performance. If he's the MVP after this season, tough luck for GB.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score

1: Your completely assuming the changed plays normally worked.

2: I have zero idea why you think he was given the ok to do so when the reports about it suggested that WRs were scared of getting chewed on the sideline for running Rodgers route. This isn't about an audible at the line. It's strait up doing it the moment he heard the call. No coach is giving the ok to do that to anyone

3: Changing plays IN THE HUDDLE is some damn **** strait out of Any Given Sunday. It's annoying when people try and act like "oh that's normal"

Point being "Good soldier for years" probably isn't a great term to use and the mental gymnastics you're useing to get there are outstanding

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Attachments

• ABBCB8BA-4258-4A45-94CA-FAD3ACE6DA8C.png
    ABBCB8BA-4258-4A45-94CA-FAD3ACE6DA8C.png
    325.5 KB · Views: 47

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Tj lang was on the big show yesterday.

From players side he think it wont sit well in the locker room. That aaron isnt back and blame aaron.

I cant recall word for word... But I was little surprised he didnt back aaron 100 percent

I am guessing that many players deep down know how the "normal" process works and they may not outwardly say it, but to see another player try to bend that process, has to be troubling. TJ Lang is no longer a Packer or in the NFL, so I trust he would be a bit more candid than a player that still has a lot of skin in the game.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
It's likely that he didn't anticipate the Packers using a 1st and a 4th round pick to move up in the draft to select his successor less than 2 years after agreeing to that new deal. Just a thought.

None of us did, but then again did Favre expect the Packers to select Aaron? I get the not expecting part, I understand it took Rodgers and many by surprise, I get that the Packers should have immediately called Rodgers and said "here is why we did what we did", they didn't, that is on them. All that said, I totally get the pick and if Rodgers can't come to terms with it and it forever haunts him, than that is on him.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I fail to see why that wouldn't suit him. He wanted guarantees, but now supposedly he just wants out. If Tirico's comments from AR are to be believed and he "loves GB, loves the fans, loves the franchise" this feels like it would be a proper send off. He gets total control of his future after this year, gets to make this offseason right with everyone, one last shot at a SB with a really good team that he's used to playing with.

I do think it would have to be made clear that this is it for both parties regardless of his performance. If he's the MVP after this season, tough luck for GB.

Creative and if it was Davante or just about any other player, it works. I just don't see Rodgers agreeing to that, but I could be wrong. Rodgers is a head strong guy and if he in fact has drawn his line in the sand (debatable on accuracy right now), do you really think he is going to cave? I don't.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
They're reaching deep into the barrel with this anit-Rodgers crusade.

So can we call what you are doing an "anti-Packer crusade"?

I can't speak for anyone else, but I am trying to sort through and process what is happening. Very little of what we are getting right now is 100% solid fact based information. So, just like you and others, I am having to draw my best conclusions based probably more on what hasn't been said, coupled with known facts. Most of us, whether we say it in every post or not, has quantified it at some time with "if this is true, then....."

Could many of us be wrong on the actual facts of the situation? Hell yes and I would love to be, but could people who seem to be sticking their heads in the sand and saying "Team fault, Aaron is great, he needs to be a Packer at all costs" be wrong too? Not accusing you of being one of those people either, just like I hope you don't accuse me of being some kind of "Rodgers hater, who wants his head on a pike no matter what the truth is."

Ceodore

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Creative and if it was Davante or just about any other player, it works. I just don't see Rodgers agreeing to that, but I could be wrong. Rodgers is a head strong guy and if he in fact has drawn his line in the sand (debatable on accuracy right now), do you really think he is going to cave? I don't.

I agree. I think it comes down to how he really feels about the fans/franchise/town (referencing comments via Tirico again) vs his desire to stick it to a couple of humans that work in the Packers front office that, realistically he probably doesn't have to interact with very much once the terms are agreed to.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I agree. I think it comes down to how he really feels about the fans/franchise/town (referencing comments via Tirico again) vs his desire to stick it to a couple of humans that work in the Packers front office that, realistically he probably doesn't have to interact with very much once the terms are agreed to.

I hope I am wrong, but while I think his comment about loving fans, City, etc. is true, I don't think motivation enough to forgive what he finds to be gross mistakes by Gute and the FO. The statement also could be viewed as laying the groundwork for him to save face and be able to say "I Love you guys, but I can't get over some of the bad decisions made by the Packer FO in regards to me." He is a man of principles and conviction, I may not agree with him on a few or like them, but I will always credit him for being a guy that seems to really put a ton of thought into just about anything he does.

Last edited:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
After reading John Kuhns take..I think it is really blown out of porportion.
Aaron has real and valid issues..and just wants a guarntee he will be qb till 2023

DoURant

Go Pack Go!
Reaction score
I am not so optimistic, the longer this drags out and the more negatives around #12, we might be lucky to get a first and a second.
I think teams just want a chance at winning the Super Bowl, and if they can sure up the position for 3 or 4 years, they will be all in and pay a high price. I think the skies the limit after an MVP season. The Packers will make a haul if they trade him.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
After reading John Kuhns take..I think it is really blown out of porportion.
Aaron has real and valid issues..and just wants a guarntee he will be qb till 2023
If the rumors that he recently turned down a huge contract reportedly making him the highest paid QB again...i’m not sure that’s true anymore.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Tj lang was on the big show yesterday.

From players side he think it wont sit well in the locker room. That aaron isnt back and blame aaron.

I cant recall word for word... But I was little surprised he didnt back aaron 100 percent
I agree. I can’t see how it could play well with his teammates.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
If the rumors that he recently turned down a huge contract reportedly making him the highest paid QB again...i’m not sure that’s true anymore.
It isnt about the money..its only about the guarntee..and I can fully get that. You want your "boss" to want and need you.

Now..maybe they said highest paid and only until end of 2022..maybe he wants 2023

But I think all these little rumors and stories are true, but it isnt why we are here. Its only he wants to 2023

jhawk008

Cheesehead
Reaction score

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
And the majority on this sub ATE IT UP and basically said they were done with Rodgers because they thought he did.
Rodgers needs to speak up.

If not true...wouldnt you want to clear your name?

But wo speaking, it looks like its true

OP
OP
PackAttack12

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And the majority on this sub ATE IT UP and basically said they were done with Rodgers because they thought he did.

I will say the problems still exist and that if Gute and MLF are flying out to convince him to return there's definitely something there but it would absolve Rodgers of leaking it hours before the draft (which was the big trigger point for alot of people)

That said how the **** does Shefter get to stay employed and be called a journalist if he did that? ESPN should (they wont) fire him so he can be what he is. A blogger

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It isnt about the money..its only about the guarntee..and I can fully get that. You want your "boss" to want and need you.

Now..maybe they said highest paid and only until end of 2022..maybe he wants 2023

But I think all these little rumors and stories are true, but it isnt why we are here. Its only he wants to 2023
There is no way they could give him that kind of new money without being attached to him for at least a couple more years.

Members online